Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They chose Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler

They gave Tobias a max deal over... Well, everything else.

They went that stupid with Harden

This organization is a f***ing joke. Might as well just trade Embiid, let him get a title with someone who knows how to use him, because this one doesn't.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
f*** everything about this franchise since Hinkie was forced out. Seeing Oklahoma City get rewarded for being allowed to continue their tank for years is so frustrating.

and I hope there's *ZERO* money or tax-breaks or ANYTHING given to Josh Harris to help build his company value increasing arena project. If he gets even 1 penny of city money I'd say I hope City Hall gets overrun and shit smeared on the walls, but having been to City Hall I think that ship has sailed in terms of the walls being free of shit stains.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
They chose Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler

They gave Tobias a max deal over... Well, everything else.

They went that stupid with Harden

This organization is a f***ing joke. Might as well just trade Embiid, let him get a title with someone who knows how to use him, because this one doesn't.
Do you know how much cap space they have this offseason? Cap space champs 2023-2024!!

We clowned Flyers management for exactly this btw.

Reactions: Flybynite

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
f*** everything about this franchise since Hinkie was forced out. Seeing Oklahoma City get rewarded for being allowed to continue their tank for years is so frustrating.

and I hope there's *ZERO* money or tax-breaks or ANYTHING given to Josh Harris to help build his company value increasing arena project. If he gets even 1 penny of city money I'd say I hope City Hall gets overrun and shit smeared on the walls, but having been to City Hall I think that ship has sailed in terms of the walls being free of shit stains.
Great post.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Do you know how much cap space they have this offseason? That should probably get a banner.

We clowned Flyers management for exactly this btw.

I love Embiid, I think he's genuinely one of the best athletes Philly has ever seen, but outside of him, every single decision this front office has done the last 20 years has been shit. Every single one

Biggest clown organization in sports. Without Embiid, this franchise is basically the Hornets with less of a clue because they actually end up with good talent sometimes

But yeah, the Simmons pick, the Fultz decision, picking Simmons over Butler, giving Tobi a max deal, getting an over the hill Harden and then that whole mess, and then completely dismantling or throwing away every good supporting cast member theyve had, like Curry and Reddick. Just dumb. Dumb organization

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
At least now the fans in town are going to stop treating this dumb organization with kid gloves. The Process failed it's goal. You want the public to pay for a brand shiny new stadium? f*** you, earn it.

Tobias Harris getting paid $180m and he doesn't even have 15 points in the SERIES, yet.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
At least now the fans in town are going to stop treating this dumb organization with kid gloves. The Process failed it's goal. You want the public to pay for a brand shiny new stadium? f*** you, earn it.

Tobias Harris getting paid $180m and he doesn't even have 15 points in the SERIES, yet.
also, how many times did he blow his assignment against Brunson? I saw 3 different "oh crap" moments where he realized he left Jalen wide open.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Key deadline acquisition by star executive with zero key minutes tonight. Full confidence in his ability to convert Embiid's last few prime seasons into championships. I mean look at his body of work! All he does is win!

The reality is as soon as Embiid tore his meniscus, they didn't go in at all. We knew that. They essentially acquired Lowry+Hield+Payne for Pat Bev, with no net assets out. Knicks traded everything this year to get tubby to the 2nd round. I think this Sixers team could beat the Knicks, but they're getting too many small performances. But you won't convince me Morey isn't a competent GM. What would you have shipped out this year?

Tobias is like 78% responsible for the outcome of Embiids career. Just insanely awful years.

Tobias and Doc are saboteurs of the highest level. Full on Thelma & Louise'd this team for 5 years.

raw

Embiid and Maxey are keeling over with exhaustion while Tobias doesn't even have to shower. Oubre and Payne humiliate some guys with their level of urgency, even if they're idiots sometimes. Lowry and Batum are okay old farts but need to do too much in too many minutes and can't attack the basket. I haven't loved Nurse's rotations either truthfully, even if I get it. But you have two athletic freaks on the bench and are getting annihilated on the glass at both ends.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The reality is as soon as Embiid tore his meniscus, they didn't go in at all. We knew that. They essentially acquired Lowry+Hield+Payne for Pat Bev, with no net assets out. Knicks traded everything this year to get tubby to the 2nd round. I think this Sixers team could beat the Knicks, but they're getting too many small performances. But you won't convince me Morey isn't a competent GM. What would you have shipped out this year?

Tobias and Doc are saboteurs of the highest level. Full on Thelma & Louise'd this team for 5 years.

raw

Embiid and Maxey are keeling over with exhaustion while Tobias doesn't even have to shower. Oubre and Payne humiliate some guys with their level of urgency, even if they're idiots sometimes. Lowry and Batum are okay old farts but need to do too much in too many minutes and can't attack the basket. I haven't loved Nurse's rotations either truthfully, even if I get it. But you have two athletic freaks on the bench and are getting annihilated on the glass at both ends.
I would have traded a bunch of contracts too. The obvious window is this coming season and the one after that, but I also would have had Embiid sit for the rest of the year instead of playing this game of championship charades. Wait til he gets hurt on team USA.

He did well to shed all the salary. But he needs to covert it. I have little faith in him doing so. He's converted nothing thus far in his career and the only guy he targeted as a potential keeper for next season f***ing stinks. He gets all this credit for being shrewd and brilliant but all of his salient transactions have been garbage for the Sixers. He got us into the Harden disaster while trading Simmons, sure, but then he soured it. In doing so he got pennies on the dollar for him. And Heild is just terrible. He cut Joe too.

Bottom line, I hate this guy

Last edited:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What are Harris' Houdini's excuses this time? Hugest sunk cost waste of an acquisition in Sixers history. We can thank Josh Harris for this and all the horrific butterfly effects of a botched process. See my post at the beginning of this thread! Same shit different year....

Glad I'm out here in Arizona enjoying nature. A rattle snake bite would have been less painful than watching the Sixers. Glad I did not ...apart from game 1.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't even. He didn't sit the entire 2nd half in his 8th game back from injury. He was gassed while other guys put in lower intensity minutes than I just did on my 20 minute dog walk.
But it's not 1 game. Or 1 series. Or 1 year.

Like his last 16 playoff games, only 1 time has he made more than 2 shots in the 4th Q. That simply is not enough if you expect to win.

But yes, Toby is trash.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's converted nothing thus far in his career and the only guy he targeted as a potential keeper for next season f***ing stinks. He gets all this credit for being shrewd and brilliant but all of his salient transactions have been garbage for the Sixers.

That’s just not true unless you obsess over a few moves and ignore bigger picture stuff. And the mark of a good GM is also fixing problems you create, let alone others. I’m far from a cheerleader, but it’s pretty easy to bin Morey in the “Good GM” group. I’ll quote myself:

Sometimes I think people take for granted Simmons-Richardson-Harris-Horford-Embiid / Korkmaz-Shake-Thybulle-Burks-Neto, coached by Doc, was the 2019-20 team, with almost every asset used up.

If your argument is Maxey, Harden, Reed, Melton, RCIV, Oubre, Batum, Lowry, KJ, Curry, Green, etc. are “garbage transactions” — not to mention Nick Nurse, while clearing the cap and collecting assets for a final window reset — I simply won’t agree.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad