GDT: The Penguin(s) vs. The Dynamic Duo: Game 8 - Pittsburg @ Edmonton 7 PM - SN1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I’m actually shocked that Podkolzin didn’t look too out of place. If we can make him a top 6 guy that would be huge.
meh. He brings the energy but no hands. I don't know what it is but people here would complain about McLeod being in topsix all day long and Clouder is actually gifted compared to Pods.

Despite not wanting Pods to be on the line it does support theory that you only need two offensive players on a line and the other can just be the work horse. The line worked with that in mind. Still, the line only scored one and it was all Drai on that one.

Lets see how they do on road trip.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’m actually shocked that Podkolzin didn’t look too out of place. If we can make him a top 6 guy that would be huge.
Really liked his game last night. He's got a real good toolkit with size, skating and a willingness to play physical and in battle areas of the ice. The question/issue is whether he has the processor to put it all together.

Good utility to move up and down and even around the roster (think he can play either wing). I anticipated he would play at 3W with Janmark moving into a more natural 4W role. But with the Kane injury good to see Podkolzin in different situations including with top 6 line mates.

Bring the consistent motor and gritty game and let's see where he lands!

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad