GDT: The Penguin(s) vs. The Dynamic Duo: Game 8 - Pittsburg @ Edmonton 7 PM - SN1

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Hi guys! First of all I apologize for my part in some heated discussions about Jesse Puljujarvi when he was in the Oilers! This goes also to the other participants. If he somehow ends up here again I will definitely stay out of them.
Congrats on the continued success as his agent.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Congrats on the continued success as his agent.
Thank you. Anyway, it was just a thought and I thought I'd dare to mention it as some over here have talked about that as an idea. I knew some could not resist the temptation to try me but I did write in good intent and honestly mean what I said.

All the best to you all and the Oilers, I'd be so happy if you guys could get the SC this year. With or without Puljujarvi, but obviously with if I could choose. I do know it's very unlikely (with him I mean, not the SC itself) and that's fine.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Tough to register high skating speed numbers when you sit on every puck, defer wide rather than drive the net, and have about a 50/50 connection rate on passes.
Arvid falling down every 3 secs is bringing down the speed.

Thank you. Anyway, it was just a thought and I thought I'd dare to mention it as some over here have talked about that as an idea. I knew some could not resist the temptation to try me but I did write in good intent and honestly mean what I said.

All the best to you all and the Oilers, I'd be so happy if you guys could get the SC this year. With or without Puljujarvi, but obviously with if I could choose. I do know it's very unlikely (with him I mean, not the SC itself) and that's fine.
Yeah. I think you've been a pretty good poster here these years. One topic yes, but 100% more respectful than the typical one player type posters. (not saying you are that but mostly that)

Feel free to be Draisaitl acolyte like me and post more regularly, or not depending on the opinion of him any particular day here. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Senor Catface

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Arvid falling down every 3 secs is bringing down the speed.

Yeah. I think you've been a pretty good poster here these years. One topic yes, but 100% more respectful than the typical one player type posters. (not saying you are that but mostly that)

Feel free to be Draisaitl acolyte like me and post more regularly, or not depending on the opinion of him any particular day here. ;)
I wanna see the analytics on where Arvidsson falls on the ice lol

I feel like he’s pretty willing to go to the net and take some punishment, our big guns are simply not. Skinner is doing it too.

But also maybe I’m biased, the guy has zero points yet I’m impressed with him most games.. after shitting on Broberg, McLeod, etc I have to question my biases now

We’re scoring 1-2 goals tops and Jesse is getting at least 2 goals.

Am I being pessimistic or am I trying to jinx the Pens? I don’t even know

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

I feel like he’s pretty willing to go to the net and take some punishment, our big guns are simply not. Skinner is doing it too.

But also maybe I’m biased, the guy has zero points yet I’m impressed with him most games.. after shitting on Broberg, McLeod, etc I have to question my biases now

We’re scoring 1-2 goals tops and Jesse is getting at least 2 goals.

Am I being pessimistic or am I trying to jinx the Pens? I don’t even know
You don't miss the McCloud until the sky runs dry.

I'm full of em today.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Reactions: Morpheus

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Reactions: Morpheus and Duke74

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A quick look on NHL Edge shows the Oilers went from 96th percentile in skating speed last year to 56th this year so far. Went from being a top 3 fastest team in the league to right around middle of the pack. That definitely affects the offense and I think we're seeing those effects right now.
Does it list individual players speeds last year vs. this season ie. is Janmark 0.5km/h slower on average? Clearly we lost speed with guys like McLeod, Holloway and Foegele being + skaters.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A quick look on NHL Edge shows the Oilers went from 96th percentile in skating speed last year to 56th this year so far. Went from being a top 3 fastest team in the league to right around middle of the pack. That definitely affects the offense and I think we're seeing those effects right now.
That's just the top player on each team's speed.

They're only down lower because McDavid hasn't hit the 24 mph he has in the past few seasons.

Podkolzin has the top speed for the Oilers so far at 22.99 mph in the Carolina game.

Sethual

Oct 9, 2024
If we do bad I have some laundry to do and maybe I can try out that Black Ops Rainbow Six

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I can't wait until this group gets going again so that we don't have to hear anymore of the doomsday nonsense from half this board. The Penguins are the perfect opponent to start feeling the offence again, hopefully we take advantage.

Need I remind everyone how absolutely pathetic this team was last year at this time? At least we appear to slowly working out of this, last season we were completely limp and not even really at all competitive until the end of November.

This is a stupid, mentally incompetent, bizarre group of hockey players that cannot and will not perform until beaten around and embarrassed. It is what it is. Everything will work out, they just need to go through this ridiculous exercise to get there. In the mean time the annual October chicken littles wishing every player that left comes back (including revisionist history of such players) and disparaging any new player added are so, so grating.
;)

If we do bad I have some laundry to do and maybe I can try out that Black Ops Rainbow Six
I have to cut a pitbull's nails.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Does it list individual players speeds last year vs. this season ie. is Janmark 0.5km/h slower on average? Clearly we lost speed with guys like McLeod, Holloway and Foegele being + skaters.
It does, but you have to search each individual player.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad