GDT: The Penguin(s) vs. The Dynamic Duo: Game 8 - Pittsburg @ Edmonton 7 PM - SN1

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Only took 7 games for Draisaitl to have junk wingers again. I would say I could somehow see that coming, but...
It’s not like he’s been much better with Mcdavid. Dude is coasting, forcing blind passes and taking stupid penalties. Again. Just like much of last season. But he’s a beast come playoff time so…what can you do? 🤷‍♂️

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It’s not like he’s been much better with Mcdavid. Dude is coasting, forcing blind passes and taking stupid penalties. Again. Just like much of last season. But he’s a beast come playoff time so…what can you do? 🤷‍♂️
I do admit he hasn't been at his best this season so he brought the demotion on himself in a way. I don't know whether it will spark him or just cause him to sink further into the mud.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Worst shooting percentage in the entire league!! 6.2 %

For context - we finished 10th in the league last year shooting 10.6%. League leaders were Vancouver and Tampa who each had 12%

Right now VGK is leading the league shooting at 15.4%, Jets 13.9, Flames 30, etc

The goals will come. That will solve many ills

... and even at this early juncture, 6.2% vs 10.6% is TEN GOALS. Those goals would have been good for at least a couple of other wins and we'd be 4-3-0 at worst.

Still... gotta keep DIGGING IN

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
... and even at this early juncture, 6.2% vs 10.6% is TEN GOALS. Those goals would have been good for at least a couple of other wins and we'd be 4-3-0 at worst.

Still... gotta keep DIGGING IN

4-3-0 is probably conservative.

The only game I think we lose even if we shot better is the Jets game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yamamoto on waivers. Time to bring him back home where he belongs.
f***, f*** f*** ffs..

;)

You only get one guess at which center would carry that burden.
You only get one guess at which center would carry that burden.
1729881685422.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If we don’t win tonight where does the panic threshold get set?

High, because if there is one other team in the NHL that is a circus despite their talent level it's the Penguins.

They might be the only playoff or playoff-ish team in the NHL that I wouldn't have concern about losing to if up multiple goals. Even if they came back against the Oilers at some point in a game I would actually be confident that the Oilers would take the game back after throwing it away.

We match up so well against this team and have done so well against this team that I would consider a loss a massive failure.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
About to get "Goalie'd"

They have a guy I have never heard of starting.

We usually know how that goes.

I pray that one day in the distant future, getting "goalied" is something we experience a handful of times per year like normal teams. Currently it gets used as if it's just gosh darn bad luck that our shooters make every single goalie look like Dominik Hasek more nights than not.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Jeff Skinner demoted again? Wtf man..

Does Connor not wanna play with him? I don’t see the logic here.

Anyway, Connor let’s see you come out like a bat out of hell again this game and capitalize on it. That or let Jesse get a hattrick and frustrate the fans even more lol

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
I pray that one day in the distant future, getting "goalied" is something we experience a handful of times per year like normal teams. Currently it gets used as if it's just gosh darn bad luck that our shooters make every single goalie look like Dominik Hasek more nights than not.

Yup, Oilers are his year are “getting goalied” by shooting into the crest, etc

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
A quick look on NHL Edge shows the Oilers went from 96th percentile in skating speed last year to 56th this year so far. Went from being a top 3 fastest team in the league to right around middle of the pack. That definitely affects the offense and I think we're seeing those effects right now.

Reactions: Reasonable Oil Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad