The Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread (MOD Warning Post #1)

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I’m no longer okay with watching this “shoot first mentality” being 40 shots a night that don’t go in. The PP is abysmal to a point where the other team benefits. offense.exe has crashed.

Off with his head.

MOD Warning: Panthers fans, and fans of other teams: you know the rules of this forum. Trolling and flaming are not acceptable and there's been too much of it in this thread. From this point forward disciplinary action will only get stronger. It's not hard - be civil.

-Egblad

Last edited by a moderator:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Team looked good in the first three or so games. Team has looked like a rolling dumpster fire in the last seven? eight? games. The season is still young, I will give it time. I know he's not going to be canned this early -- not a chance -- so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I'm on record as not liking the hire, I can give him a little rope. :laugh:

Reactions: Dutch Panther

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Team looked good in the first three or so games. Team has looked like a rolling dumpster fire in the last seven? eight? games. The season is still young, I will give it time. I know he's not going to be canned this early -- not a chance -- so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I'm on record as not liking the hire, I can give him a little rope. :laugh:
Ekblad did get injured game 3. I think our defense without him is fine, but offensively our D on the backend kind of suck minus Montour.

Reactions: scholl

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ekblad did get injured game 3. I think our defense without him is fine, but offensively our D on the backend kind of suck minus Montour.

I don't think Ekblad being injured has much to do with it. I think I'm gonna agree with Vendetta and others: Maurice has turned a fun, creative offensive group into a bunch of mud-slogging blockheads.

The good news is, there is still plenty of time for him to put his ego in check and have them open things up a bit.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Florida is 6-4-1. Missing A top 10 dman. It's the first week of November. Maybe wait until January for this thread? This is embarrassing and worse will invite more Jets fans.
Im doing them a service. Living in Manitoba is hard this time of year. Let them have something to do.

Oh also we are always missing said top 10 dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't think Ekblad being injured has much to do with it. I think I'm gonna agree with Vendetta and others: Maurice has turned a fun, creative offensive group into a bunch of mud-slogging blockheads.

The good news is, there is still plenty of time for him to put his ego in check and have them open things up a bit.
He has to find that balance with the team. I like what they’re doing defensively 5 on 5 to be honest. I’m not clenching my asshole as much as last year. That being said they are pretty painful to watch offensively.

Reactions: iam76

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
We seem to be getting out to leads only give them up and work from behind to catch up and luckily last night came back.

Reactions: harv33173

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I think we're seeing what maurice's system will look like, aside from a few minute improvements here or there. This is it. These ugly boring games. Sitting on 1 goal leads as soon as the second period. This is it. Will this make us better in the playoffs? Maybe? But it sure as hell will make the regular season difficult to stomach.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think we're seeing what maurice's system will look like, aside from a few minute improvements here or there. This is it. These ugly boring games. Sitting on 1 goal leads as soon as the second period. This is it. Will this make us better in the playoffs? Maybe? But it sure as hell will make the regular season difficult to stomach.
Yup. Roster isn’t built to play this way and goaltending sure as hell ain’t good enough to win this way. Special teams r bottom 5 in league. Barkov is now an average player with below average production. As teams learn how to play us it’s becoming less effective even tho competition has gotten worse. See how they play against some of the top teams. But they lost both games to Boston and Tampa. And they likely got Tampa at their worst. It’s not looking good whatsoever. Absolutely no improvement in any area.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yup. Roster isn’t built to play this way and goaltending sure as hell ain’t good enough to win this way. Special teams r bottom 5 in league. Barkov is now an average player with below average production. As teams learn how to play us it’s becoming less effective even tho competition has gotten worse. See how they play against some of the top teams. But they lost both games to Boston and Tampa. And they likely got Tampa at their worst. It’s not looking good whatsoever. Absolutely no improvement in any area.

Below average production? What?

The average in the NHL is not .8 ppg.
Some of your stuff I'm on board with but more and more is becoming bewildering.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Below average production? What?

The average in the NHL is not .8 ppg.
Some of your stuff I'm on board with but more and more is becoming bewildering.
You‘re unfairly skewing the point. He’s more likely saying below average production for Barkov or for a 1C.

Anyways, for individual players, this kind of thread would be too soon. I’m sure we will get better. But notice I posted this after a win. Because I’m not criticizing the losing. I’m criticizing coaching the team this way. You can’t win with this PP or PK, and simply throwing the puck at the net is useless.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm concerned about special teams, but to make a statement like this in the first week of November is utterly ridiculous. It takes time for a new system to click. Give it more time.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
What concept is flawed after ten games ?

That you’ve seen enough games to have a final judgement on Paul Maurice ?

Yes… It does sound pretty pretty flawed.
10 games is over 10% of the season. is it a ton? No. Is it nothing? No. It’s certainly enough to see that there is not a coherent PP plan. You’re not watching something that’s different and likely to succeed. You’re watching something that’s painfully obviously not cohesive and needs to be changed.

Sam Reinhart not being productive is something you can easily look at and say “jees, he will turn around” with the way he has played. Can you honestly say the same about Bennett and Lundell etc.? No. They look poorly utilized.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You‘re unfairly skewing the point. He’s more likely saying below average production for Barkov or for a 1C.

Anyways, for individual players, this kind of thread would be too soon. I’m sure we will get better. But notice I posted this after a win. Because I’m not criticizing the losing. I’m criticizing coaching the team this way. You can’t win with this PP or PK, and simply throwing the puck at the net is useless.

I don't know, when he's said he's an average player, doesn't feel like they're talking about the 1Cs and even at that stance, he's still gonna finish above PPG and that's not average for 1Cs.

Does Barkov have to shoot more and be engaged a lot more, sure he does but this consistent ripping on him and saying we will never win a Cup with him as the C is garbage rhetoric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad