The Out of Town Thread XCVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Eddie Lack just got absolutely crushed behind the Canucks goal, there was no penalty called.

The commentators didn't seem to comment on that there was no penalty so I figure I must have had the rules wrong.

Are you allowed to full on bodycheck a goalie while he is playing the puck behind the net?

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
TBL with 45 more goals scored than the Habs. :amazed:

Crazy.

Hopefully many of the Tampa players (eventually) price themselves off of the same team.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
TBL with 45 more goals scored than the Habs. :amazed:

Crazy.

Hopefully many of the Tampa players (eventually) price themselves off of the same team.

Unfortunately none of their important players will be RFA or UFA for at least another year. So they'll still have this year and next to contend before having to worry about any changes.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tampa Core players is just insane..
3 top 3 talent (Stamkos, Hedman, Drouin).
Sick steals (Palat, Kucherov, Johnson!)
+ 2 great goaltender.
And one elite puckmoving
Defenseman in their system (deangelo)
They will be good for a long time!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
+ 2 great goaltender.
And one elite puckmoving

Scary good.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
+ 2 great goaltender.
And one elite puckmoving

Stralman, Filppula, Callahan, Garrison, Coburn : Excellent veteran depth.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I watched part of the Toronto-St Louis game. Are the Leaf players instructed not to try to win? Is management aiming at the highest obtainable draft pick in 2015? If so, why do Leaf fans pay to attend games at the ACC? They can be warm and comfortable at home as the Leafs pretend to play hockey. Those fans will ultimately be disappointed. Buffalo has a substantial head start at accumulating blue chip players for the future.

Analyzer*

Maybe it's just that we've played the West recently, but it seems Western teams hold, hook and interfere and get away with it quite often.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well that sucks. Fleury got a shutout tonight too. He's at 9 now. Price at 7. I definitely want Price to catch him, but Habs have a tough schedule ahead.

Analyzer*

Well that sucks. Fleury got a shutout tonight too. He's at 9 now. Price at 7. I definitely want Price to catch him, but Habs have a tough schedule ahead.

Meh.

It's weird to see people with more shutouts, or close to as many shutouts as Price, but their GAA is 2.4 with a Save % of .917.

Good numbers, but not really close to Price.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I watched part of the Toronto-St Louis game. Are the Leaf players instructed not to try to win? Is management aiming at the highest obtainable draft pick in 2015? If so, why do Leaf fans pay to attend games at the ACC? They can be warm and comfortable at home as the Leafs pretend to play hockey. Those fans will ultimately be disappointed. Buffalo has a substantial head start at accumulating blue chip players for the future.

It is actually curious why leaf fans are still going. Guess nothing else to do.

Recall what Ron Wilson said about being told to tank, although I think that was for another team. Just sayin, if you were Shanahan, given how little honour the leafs uphold, wouldn't you in not so many words give the order to tank? The payoff is huge and all leaf fans want it more than wins. Drafting top 3 -- it's their Cup right now. Conceivable that they get Eichel or McD too. What would the players be playing for anyway? They all want out of there and every other team knows it. Recipe for perfect tank. Only players who I see potentially wanting to show their worth are the goalies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It is actually curious why leaf fans are still going. Guess nothing else to do.

Recall what Ron Wilson said about being told to tank, although I think that was for another team. Just sayin, if you were Shanahan, given how little honour the leafs uphold, wouldn't you in not so many words give the order to tank? The payoff is huge and all leaf fans want it more than wins. Drafting top 3 -- it's their Cup right now. Conceivable that they get Eichel or McD too. What would the players be playing for anyway? They all want out of there and every other team knows it. Recipe for perfect tank. Only players who I see potentially wanting to show their worth are the goalies.
It'll haunt me if the Leafs end up getting McDavid and then hire Babcock in the offseason as well.. It would literally be the franchise turnaround they'd be looking for and the TSN/Sportsnet lovefest for them would turn from kinda annoying to absolutely sickening.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It'll haunt me if the Leafs end up getting McDavid and then hire Babcock in the offseason as well.. It would literally be the franchise turnaround they'd be looking for and the TSN/Sportsnet lovefest for them would turn from kinda annoying to absolutely sickening.

Pretty much. Many are dismissing this as a legitimate outcome, or people say that it'll be nice to have the leafs back as a good rival. I do not have this frame of mind. A McDavid or Eichel will make them far more formidable a franchise going forward than most seem to care. Plus, I think they finally have a semi-competent management capable of turning things around. (And f...if they get Babcock!) This is obviously all compounded by the fact that their annoying fans and already annoying 'national' media coverage would be rammed down our throats a million times more.

Either way, they are getting a very very good player at the draft. All depends on how good/great.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Maybe it's just that we've played the West recently, but it seems Western teams hold, hook and interfere and get away with it quite often.

I agree. Watch Jeff carter on the 3rd habs goal. Yes, patches scored, but carter's stick was hooked on patches almost the whole time. Not quite like the dead puck era, but close enough to remind me of it.

I also thought the the defenders were able to hold off the forchecker a lot more liberally during dump and chases. In some cases, the d-men didn't even attempt to turn.

Its a different world out there, compared to the east.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC

They do. I noticed it a few times against the Sharks. It is the style of officiating in the conference. It is maddening, but is allowed to continue, which is why I believe that Habs have difficulties against these teams out West. We saw it in the game against the Canucks in October where a head shot and interference on the Canucks in OT was not called.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad