OT: The Original OT Thread - Chit chat, Raiders, Rebels, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Never understood why someone would attempt to drive their car through something like that. :huh:
It's the Charleston Underpass, cars got stuck in there every time it rained. It was like clockwork, or like the Imperial Palace/Linq parking garage flooding that still happens.

I think it only took a few minutes to go from a puddle to a 15 foot deep lake. The way the sidewalks were designed made it look a lot more shallow than it was too, though you still looked like you were going to drive into a train track. Some people just aren't smart.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
It's the Charleston Underpass, cars got stuck in there every time it rained. It was like clockwork, or like the Imperial Palace/Linq parking garage flooding that still happens.

I think it only took a few minutes to go from a puddle to a 15 foot deep lake. The way the sidewalks were designed made it look a lot more shallow than it was too, though you still looked like you were going to drive into a train track. Some people just aren't smart.

People used to float-tube in it after the road crews finally closed it to car traffic every time it rained. :laugh:

Also the old "Vegas Creek" that was just North of downtown would get raging in rainstorms. My mother-in-law told me stories of when they were kids swimming in it.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
People used to float-tube in it after the road crews finally closed it to car traffic every time it rained. :laugh:

Also the old "Vegas Creek" that was just North of downtown would get raging in rainstorms. My mother-in-law told me stories of when they were kids swimming in it.
That weird channel in the middle of Washington Ave. always had kids in it before they covered it up.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone understand how that correlates to the Golden Knights? I mean I guess the colors are almost there.... seems like the should've gone with a "bar" style and make a sword.

It just looks really weird and completely unappetizing to me lol.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This is kind of on-topic/off-topic, but I became a VegasWantsHockey season ticket holder on this day in 2015.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I would've signed up early had I thought this was ever a reality. At the time I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell.
Oh, ye of little faith.

At that point it wasn't whether we'd get 10,000 season ticket deposits, IMO, it was whether we'd do it in a month like I hoped or a year-plus like Nashville.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Oh, ye of little faith.

At that point it wasn't whether we'd get 10,000 season ticket deposits, IMO, it was whether we'd do it in a month like I hoped or a year-plus like Nashville.

Clearly I was wrong on many levels & I'm happy to admit it. I also didn't think the town would be hockey crazed this fast, if at all.

Regardless, I'm glad I still got in on the ground floor...just a little later than most.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Clearly I was wrong on many levels & I'm happy to admit it. I also didn't think the town would be hockey crazed this fast, if at all.

Regardless, I'm glad I still got in on the ground floor...just a little later than most.
This city's been hockey mad for a couple of decades, people just ignored it because we're in the Mojave. We've had high TV ratings forever and the Thunder and Wranglers were top half of attendance in their leagues, and the Thunder did it with half as many people in the valley as there are now.

Honestly, we should have had this team with Bruckheimer a decade ago, the recession just freaked everyone out and moved the timetable back. I'm not mad, waiting the extra year got us the team we got. We'd have been on the normal expansion team train 10 years ago, meaning they'd have sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad