The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Kane is likely looking at hip surgery this summer and will be LTIR for the foreseeable future.

Also his attitude is shit, he won't practice, pouts and sulks when he's taken out of the top 6, got screamed at on the bench by Perry for his lazy-ass backchecking, and he only gives a shit once every ten games. We're better off without him.
That's so risky though. You're basically counting on him being on LTIR until the trade deadline. Maybe they know something that we dont?

Kane's also a spicy player, as you pointed out, so do you really think he would play ball with an LTIR strategy if he thought he was healthy?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's so risky though. You're basically counting on him being on LTIR until the trade deadline. Maybe they know something that we dont?

Kane's also a spicy player, as you pointed out, so do you really think he would play ball with an LTIR strategy if he thought he was healthy?
From what he showed last year, sitting on his ass and getting paid to do so would be right up his alley.

Either way, I'm just glad that the management team under Jeff Jackson is willing to be creative.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
From what he showed last year, sitting on his ass and getting paid to do so would be right up his alley.

Either way, I'm just glad that the management team under Jeff Jackson is willing to be creative.
Keep in mind it also has to be vetted and approved by both team doctors and league doctors if they sense there's something funky going on. Even if Kane wants to play ball, you can imagine him not having the discipline to pull this kind of thing off.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Lots of coping by Oilers as they once again and typically fall short.
I'll feel good about the playoffs in 2025 if they can replicate some of the success they had in the playoffs from the start of the next season.
If they go on a shitty losing streak again or mediocre record, then I won't know what to think.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'll feel good about the playoffs in 2025 if they can replicate some of the success they had in the playoffs from the start of the next season.
If they go on a shitty losing streak again or mediocre record, then I won't know what to think.
Fans and teams have been humbled numerous times before when new additions don’t live up to expectations or just don’t mesh with the current players and system. Similar to how these type of thread almost always backfire.

Skinner and Arvidsson are a couple shrewd depth signings but they have also been showing some decline and or struggles.

I do get the excitement over having a guy who didn’t get bent over backwards during Free Agency, these situations are far and few between for Canadian franchises.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Fans and teams have been humbled numerous times before when new additions don’t live up to expectations or just don’t mesh with the current players and system. Similar to how these type of thread almost always backfire.

Skinner and Arvidsson are a couple shrewd depth signings but they have also been showing some decline and or struggles.

I do get the excitement over having a guy who didn’t get bent over backwards during Free Agency, these situations are far and few between for Canadian franchises.
Yea these threads ARE dumb, but that's why it wasn't made by an Oilers fan.
Most of these threads are usually made by a member of another fanbase.

I'd like to think most Oiler fans are expecting a deep run into the playoffs, but a SCF appearance is anything but guaranteed. Which is what I find hilarious about all the antagonizing posts in this thread. Literally no Oiler fan is saying "Sweet another finals appearance coming up!"

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Two f***ing players is your chirp on why the Oilers suck defensively? Seriously? We all know Nurse sucks and overpaid, but a 37 year old ass in Derek Ryan who played 4th line minutes is your argument? Really? Are the Oilers also still a one line team then also? Good f***ing grief. Wtf is the point of mentioning the bolded? Literally no correlation whatsoever regarding the title of this thread too. One of the top nonsense kind of post and that's saying a lot, considering most of the posts on this thread trying to trash the Oilers have been nothing short but nonsense. Oiler fans can mention the what if's too, especially for the SCF, but then that would be making 'excuses' to fit your lame narratives, right? Get over yourself.

Nothing new with those posters. Imagine spending majority of your time on HFboards to mostly go on every thread that doesn't involve your team to yap on a regular basis. Such a miserable f***ing life.

lmao, I love Oiler fans. Such homer-ism, and throw everything and the kitchen sink to try to assert their dominance over the rest of the league who I guess are just peasants and have won cups since 1990 solely because of the refs.

PuckFather

Oct 14, 2014
Edmonton had zero interest in Debrusk at those contract terms.

This.

also Jake DeBrusk got outproduced by Warren Foegele last year despite playing four minutes more a night and getting powerplay time :laugh: monumental overpayment from the Canucks.
You lost to Panthers. Never forget that pain
Is Demko healthy?
I don’t know cause they are not my team, but if healthy he is four times the goalie that Skinner is. Rewatch Panthers game 7 winning goal

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I don’t know cause they are not my team, but if healthy he is four times the goalie that Skinner is. Rewatch Panthers game 7 winning goal
You lost to Edmonton :laugh:

And nothing you quoted had anything to do with goaltending. Do you think Debrusk is a goalie?

Reactions: McAsuno

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

lol, i love when posters having nothing to say other than “ YAH WELL YOU LOST”

No shame in losing in 7 at the SCF. I felt real good about the season we had, no pain here, I’m not a player on the team.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
lmao, I love Oiler fans. Such homer-ism, and throw everything and the kitchen sink to try to assert their dominance over the rest of the league who I guess are just peasants and have won cups since 1990 solely because of the refs.

Yeah, if that's what you get from my post then you have nothing worth of discussion other than being a miserable individual that wants to yap since you have nothing else better to do with your time. Hyperbole fits your character.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Keep in mind it also has to be vetted and approved by both team doctors and league doctors if they sense there's something funky going on. Even if Kane wants to play ball, you can imagine him not having the discipline to pull this kind of thing off.
He's already experienced with medical fraud due to Covid.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Kane is likely looking at hip surgery this summer and will be LTIR for the foreseeable future.

Also his attitude is shit, he won't practice, pouts and sulks when he's taken out of the top 6, got screamed at on the bench by Perry for his lazy-ass backchecking, and he only gives a shit once every ten games. We're better off without him.
I think this is a pretty poor criticism of Kane. Of course he's not going to practice with an injury that he was barely even able to fight through to play and eventually couldn't any longer. Reported he was needing injections every game day just to even play. Draisaitl also didn't practice much these playoffs with his injuries. Thats normal. Why risk aggravating it and not being able to play at all? That's literally load management and that's the only way you can play through a serious injury.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Well it's hard to compete with the 1-2 punch at C. Alot of that group have artificially inflated numbers be cause they play with those guys. I doubt Hyman for example is a 50 goal man on most teams.

Will their forward group score the most? Decent chance. Having a Generational talent however distorts the total talent picture. Other teams have more depth but are hard pressed to equal your 2nd best player let alone the best guy since Mario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad