The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner plays like shit, like you're reaching at this point to prove these signings are decent, in which there not, it does not make the Oilers the deepest team in the league

I dont think florida would be a lottery team without Barkov like edmonton was when Mcdavid was playing like crap,

OK, and Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie wouldn't be making $10+ million dollars as movie stars if they weren't good looking.

But they are and they get to live a life other people can only dream of because they won a genetic lottery. The Oilers reap the rewards of having the best player of this generation, is what it is.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrique - Brown
Janmark - McLeod - Perry
Ryan (Kane LTIR)

I'd be curious to see how other groups stack up post UFA

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
OK, and Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie wouldn't be making $10+ million dollars as movie stars if they weren't good looking.

But they are and they get to live a life other people can only dream of because they won a genetic lottery. The Oilers reap the rewards of having the best player of this generation, is what it is.
So you basically admit without Mcdavid the Oilers are a lottery team

ty my point is proven

Thats not depth

Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrique - Brown
Janmark - McLeod - Perry
Ryan (Kane LTIR)

I'd be curious to see how other groups stack up post UFA
With out Mcdavid the Oilers are litterally the Sens in terms of depth

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

ty my point is proven

Thats not depth

This version of the Oilers actually I don't think so.

Especially if they were able to use that $12+ million in cap to put him on LTIR and bring in like 3-4 other players.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

ty my point is proven

Thats not depth

3rd liners on the Sens wouldn't even make our roster my guy. You're going to have the corpse of David Perron and Michael Amadio in your top six.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They have no farm system or assets to aquire 4 other players

They don't need to, but at the end of the day this talk is pointless. They have a McDavid and the reap the rewards of being the only team that has a player that good.

Most teams in this league can only dream of having a player as good as Draisaitl, the Oilers have an embarrassment of riches upfront.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I watched the playoffs. Based on that he's not the best or second best on any team. Based on his old self he might be best on 25 ish teams.
Clearly not all of them.

He had 28 points in 18 games through the first three rounds until the broken rib and broken finger he was playing through caught up with them.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

ty my point is proven

Thats not depth

Without the best player in the world? But they do have him? How about the Avs without Mackinnon or the Lightning without Kuch? What a dumb post lol

Oilers have more playoff wins in the last 3 years then every other Canadian team combined so I'm not sure what you're getting at bahd

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
They don't need to, but at the end of the day this talk is pointless. They have a McDavid and the reap the rewards of being the only team that has a player that good.

Most teams in this league can only dream of having a player as good as Draisaitl, the Oilers have an embarrassment of riches upfront.
I don't think Jeff Skinner and Arvidson are embarrassment of riches lol maybe there an embarrassment to be on a contender.

The Oilers have 3 good forwards

McDavid
Drai
Hyman

Kane is regressing hard RNH is a 3rd liner who only produces on the power play

Thats hardly an embarrassment of riches

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Stuztle - Pinto is a better Duo down the middle than Drai and RNH and Jake Sanderson is a better Dman than anything the Oilers have to offer
Part of me wishes this was true or at least partially true for the sake of the Sens but it’s not…

A McDavidless Oilers would be a stronger team than the Sens after their recent moves

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Without the best player in the world? But they do have him? How about the Avs without Mackinnon or the Lightning without Kuch? What a dumb post lol

Oilers have more playoff wins in the last 3 years then every other Canadian team combined so I'm not sure what you're getting at bahd
The Avs actually did lose Makinnon the year before last for a lot of the season and they didnt revert to a lottery team so once again you're wrong please keep reaching

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Part of me wishes this was true or at least partially true for the sake of the Sens but it’s not…

A McDavidless Oilers would be a stronger team than the Sens after their recent moves
No it wouldn't Sens have a better top 4 D, Better goal tending they just need a system and a coach who can make it work

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think Jeff Skinner and Arvidson are embarrassment of riches lol maybe there an embarrassment to be on a contender.

The Oilers have 3 good forwards

McDavid
Drai
Hyman

Kane is regressing hard RNH is a 3rd liner who only produces on the power play

Thats hardly an embarrassment of riches

You could break down the Avalanche in the exact same way, they actually are thinner upfront. I doubt Edmonton or Colorado are looking at any other forward group in this league with any kind of envy.

This imaginary team that has way better depth and actual real life scoring doesn't exist unless you have a DeLorean time machine and are bringing the '86 Oilers into the league for this version of the Oilers to worry about.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Stuztle - Pinto is a better Duo down the middle than Drai and RNH and Jake Sanderson is a better Dman than anything the Oilers have to offer
Oh I see you're vaporizing McDavid.

Vaporize Stutzle then too. How good are the Sens without their 1C?

Ekholm clears and it's not close. Bouchard is better too. Sanderson is promising but that's all.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I watched the playoffs. Based on that he's not the best or second best on any team. Based on his old self he might be best on 25 ish teams.
You watched Draisaitl with a broken hand and broken ribs and made quite the claim. Draisaitl is the 2nd highest point scorer in the past 7 years of reg season and 2nd highest playoff scorer in the last 3 years. You made judgement off 1 or 2 series but sure

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
You could break down the Avalanche in the exact same way, they actually are thinner upfront. I doubt Edmonton or Colorado are looking at any other forward group in this league with any kind of envy.

This imaginary team that has way better depth and actual real life scoring doesn't exist unless you have a DeLorean time machine and are bringing the '86 Oilers into the league for this version of the Oilers to worry about.
Mittlestadt
Mackinnon
Rantanen
Lehkonen
Niskushkin

Is better top end talent than the Oilers have by far

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No it wouldn't Sens have a better top 4 D, Better goal tending they just need a system and a coach who can make it work

The Oilers were 5th best in the league for goals against under Knoblaugh and second best in the playoffs just a hair below Florida and better than the NYR, Dallas, etc.

Do you really think with a straight face even if Ottawa was given a guaranteed playoff spot they'd finish a playoffs with the 2nd best goals against?

Put down the crack pipe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad