The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Adding Jeff Skinner and Victor Arvidson does not make them the best forward group in the NHL I'm sorry. Arvidson is injury prone and skinner is washed, I just dont see them as the best, also I think the defense needs more depth

Skinner has more goals in the last three years than Eichel, Marchand, Marner, and the same number as Tavares. 5 on 5 he in the top 10 for goals per hour in that span too. I don't think he's "washed", he's just been stuck playing on bad teams.

Arvidsson had a lot of injuries last year, but still scored at the same 0.3 goal per game rate (roughly) as he has in previous years. 27 goal rate roughly.

No one's asking these guys to come in and carry anything, the Oilers already are the best the best overall offense in the league the last several years.

Just come in and finish some feeds from McDavid and Draisaitl and RNH.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers fans are unbearable. Who gives a shit what you're like on paper? Your team lost to the last 3 Cup winners. Focus on that.
why do you think they decided to make their team better this offseason?

Adding Jeff Skinner and Victor Arvidson does not make them the best forward group in the NHL I'm sorry. Arvidson is injury prone and skinner is washed, I just dont see them as the best, also I think the defense needs more depth
who's better?

It was already top 3 before those additions.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Oilers fans are unbearable. Who gives a shit what you're like on paper? Your team lost to the last 3 Cup winners. Focus on that.
I mean, that's what the the team is doing. They kept the team the same while also adding 2 top 6 pieces. Losing to 3 straight cup winners sucks but it's the whole, "you have to lose before you can win" type of thing and that's generally the case in sports. And the fans recognize that. The team is inching closer and closer.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Skinner has more goals in the last three years than Eichel, Marchand, Marner, and the same number as Tavares. 5 on 5 he in the top 10 for goals per hour in that span too. I don't think he's "washed".

Arvidsson had a lot of injuries last year, but still scored at the same 0.3 goal per game rate (roughly) as he has in previous years.

No one's asking these guys to come in and carry anything, the Oilers already are the best the best overall offense in the league the last several years.

Just come in and finish some feeds from McDavid and Draisaitl and RNH.
He's washed and also Marner and Marchand are play makers, Eichel is injury most seasons, and goals per hour? That's a useless stat

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's washed and also Marner and Marchand are play makers, Eichel is injury most seasons, and goals per hour? That's a useless stat

Goals per hour is just a measure of goals over a period of time, don't see how that's a useless stat, it's literally how many goals a player is scoring per measured time units, lol.

It's like saying your salary per hour doesn't matter.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vancouver, Nashville, New york probably more I dont think Skinner and Arvidson move the needle enough

Move the needle where exactly? The Oilers already have had the no.1 offense in the league the last several years. It's not even close.

Vancouver wasn't even in the top 10 for league scoring after their first 11 games and then was mediocre offensively in the playoffs.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Goals per hour is just a measure of goals over a period of time, don't see how that's a useless stat, it's literally how many goals a player is scoring per measured time units, lol.

It's like saying your salary per hour doesn't matter.
Sabermetrics failed in baseball and "Moneypuck" will fail in hockey, I'm sorry but you can't use mathematical formulas to judge a players value alone, if that was the case the A's would have multiple world series by now. Is it useful? Yes but I don't trust it in hockey yet, maybe for denfensive metrics

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

You keep saying Skinner is washed. You have no idea what that word means. The last 3 seasons he's almost played full seasons (not injury prone) and had 33, 35 and 24 goals respectfully on Buffalo. And Buffalo is a train wreck. The problem is you are looking at him through his big contract. If he can put up those same goal totals but now on a 3 million dollar deal, that will be a hell of a steal. But even you won't admit that.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Move the needle where exactly? The Oilers already have had the no.1 offense in the league the last several years. It's not even close.

Vancouver wasn't even in the top 10 for league scoring after their first 11 games and then was mediocre offensively in the playoffs.
There offense is base off the production of 2 players, if McDavid goes down there not making the play offs, we already seen this year how well they do if Mcdavid isnt playing up to par. And yes the Nucks have a better forward group than the Oilers, I also prefer there first pair on D of Hughes and Hronek

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sabermetrics failed in baseball and "Moneypuck" will fail in hockey, I'm sorry but you can't use mathematical formulas to judge a players value alone, if that was the case the A's would have multiple world series by now. Is it useful? Yes but I don't trust it in hockey yet, maybe for denfensive metrics

Eh, I'm just looking at basic numbers like "goals for" (or do you consider that voodoo too?). The Oilers have scored more goals than anyone else in the league the last 2-3-4 years. For the last two years in particular it's not even close, like the second best offense is 40+ goals behind.

In the playoffs they were the top scoring team by a mile too.

The Oilers adding more is simply the best offensive team already in the league the last several years getting even richer upfront, nothing more, nothing less.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Who is better and why?

Sorry - i see you said Vancouver and Nashville both have better forward groups and that tells me all I need to know about your opinions lol

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
There offense is base off the production of 2 players, if McDavid goes down there not making the play offs, we already seen this year how well they do if Mcdavid isnt playing up to par. And yes the Nucks have a better forward group than the Oilers, I also prefer there first pair on D of Hughes and Hronek
This might shock you but if you remove the two best players in the NHL from a team their offence will be worse

Reactions: McFlyingV and K1984

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I mean, that's what the the team is doing. They kept the team the same while also adding 2 top 6 pieces. Losing to 3 straight cup winners sucks but it's the whole, "you have to lose before you can win" type of thing and that's generally the case in sports. And the fans recognize that. The team is inching closer and closer.
What you are you doing is preemptively celebrating Edmonton before anything's been accomplished. Who cares what the team looks like on paper? Especially, at this point. Also, you guys not aware that your team is going to have a short summer after a gruelling spring? You're going to need every bit of help to even get back to the same point.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
What you are you doing is preemptively celebrating Edmonton before anything's been accomplished. Who cares what the team looks like on paper? Especially, at this point. Also, you guys not aware that your team is going to have a short summer after a gruelling spring? You're going to need every bit of help to even get back to the same point.
Which is why the roster is being improved and some fans are chiming in on it.

It's a discussion board and discussion is happening.

Nobody is planning any parade routes, they're just saying that a deep forward group got even deeper.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Vancouver, Nashville, New york probably more I dont think Skinner and Arvidson move the needle enough
this can't be serious.

McDavid - Miller - Forsberg - Panarin
Draisaitl - Pettersson - O'Reilly - Kreider
Hyman - Boeser - Stamkos - Zibanejad
RNH - DeBrusk - Marchessault - Trocheck
Skinner - Garland - Novak - Lafreniere
Arvidsson
- Joshua - Nyquist - Smith
Henrique - Hoglander - Sissons - Cuylle
McLeod - Suter - Glass - Kakko
Holloway - Blueger - Evangelista - Chytil

I bolded who I think is the best forward in each matchup. Edmonton clears by a fair bit.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
They already beat Vancouver.

What Nashville did was great but in no way are they better than the Oilers up front.

The Rangers are good team up front but no.
I mean the Nucks didn't even have there #1 Goalie, I doubt they beat them with a healthy demko, and I still prefer the Preds forward group, its deeper and less relient on one player to carry the load.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean the Nucks didn't even have there #1 Goalie, I doubt they beat them with a healthy demko, and I still prefer the Preds forward group, its deeper and less relient on one player to carry the load.
Maybe Demko should've stayed healthy. Or maybe the Canucks shouldn't have rushed him back. Can only play the team that's in front of you.

And I don't think a single person on Earth would take the Preds forwards over the Oilers'.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
if any other team added Skinner and Arvidsson all while retaining their already elite forward group, most people wouldn't argue about their potential of being the best forward core in the league...however when the Oilers do it

lets play a game shall we, name 2 teams who you think has a better forward group for next year (not better defense or goaltending stick to the topic of the thread)

so your argument of arvidsson sucking is "cant stay healthy" but demko gets a pass because "he wasn't healthy". pick one

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
if any other team added Skinner and Arvidsson all while retaining their already elite forward group, most people wouldn't argue about their potential of being the best forward core in the league...however when the Oilers do it

lets play a game shall we, name 2 teams who you think has a better forward group for next year (not better defense or goaltending stick to the topic of the thread)

so your argument of arvidsson sucking is "cant stay healthy" but demko gets a pass because "he wasn't healthy". pick one
Skinner is washed and Arvisdon is injury prone I don't think that adding them gives them the best forward group in the NHL also I forgot Dallas I'd take Dallas over the Oilers to

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Skinner is washed and Arvisdon is injury prone I don't think that adding them gives them the best forward group in the NHL also I forgot Dallas I'd take Dallas over the Oilers to
I would project Dallas and Preds to be top 5 but they are not close to Oilers offensive prowess

our PP speaks for itself, our PK is elite and our 5on5 is top 3

neither teams have our high-end fire power and Oilers depth equals theirs all the way through to the 13th forward

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Which one player is carrying the load?

Draisaitl?
McDavid?
Hyman?
RNH?

Which one of those 50 goal/100 point players is the one carrying all the load?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad