The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
lol, all these Leafs and Flames fans crawling through a mountain of salt, everyone and their grandma knows those fanbases would bend over backwards and kiss their own ass to even make a Conference Final and get blown out.
What's even funnier is the Leafs looked at Calgary's ineptitude and decided they needed that GM.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh Thaman is a Flames fan?

Lol that's even worse. At least the Leafs make the playoffs. And didn't have their franchise sent into a tailspin that they won't get out of by their rival.

The three horsemen of the loser apocalypse.

The funniest part is "making game 7 of a Cup Final is a failure", when lol, every hockey fan in Calgary would do naked cartwheels down the street to relive 2004 again even for 15 minutes. That's the franchise highlight for the last 30+ years by 10 country miles.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
MY BAD LMAO

TSN is all about hits. that headline is to garner clicks and attention. nobody with any hockey knowledge actually believes that. Feel free to bump this thread again once Skinner is getting healthy scratched for being lazy and Arvidsson getting injured 2 months into the season.
You are the definition of the Dunning Kruger affect. Your team is probably going to regress. Our team that was one goal away in game 7 of the finals got better!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The best? Not sure about that. They were 4th in goals for last year behind some really high powered offensive teams. I don’t think getting to the SCF changes that.
As for changes, they lost Foegle and probably Kane and added Arvidson and Skinner. That feels like a wash. I really like the Arvidson pick up but I’m sceptical that Skinner will work out well.
I would agree though that they’re a top 4 forward group.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The best? Not sure about that. They were 4th in goals for last year behind some really high powered offensive teams. I don’t think getting to the SCF changes that.
As for changes, they lost Foegle and probably Kane and added Arvidson and Skinner. That feels like a wash. I really like the Arvidson pick up but I’m sceptical that Skinner will work out well.
I would agree though that they’re a top 4 forward group.

They were no.2 under Knoblaugh, one whopping goal behind Colorado.

In the playoffs they were no.1 (not even close either).

In the last two years, the Oilers are the no.1 offense in the league by far. No one else is close.

1. Oilers - 617 goals
2/3. Leafs/Avalanche - 576 goals (tie)
4. Dallas - 575 goals
5. Tampa - 568 goals

This is not even close, there's a whopping 40 goal gap between 1 and 2, lol.

You can go back even further, the Oilers are no.1 for the last 3 years, and 4 years also.

So no, it's not really "well ackshually Oilers are just about in the same group with 4 other teams", no they're not, offensively they have been better than anyone else for a long time now and by a fair margin at that.

Reactions: Steven Toast

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

In the last two years, the Oilers are the no.1 offense in the league by far. No one else is close.

1. Oilers - 617 goals
2. Leafs/Avalanche - 576 goals (tie)
4. Dallas - 575 goals
5. Tampa - 568 goals

You can go back even further, the Oilers are no.1 for the last 3 years, and 4 years also.

So no, it's not really "well ackshually Oilers are just about in the same group with 4 other teams", no they're not, offensively they have been better than anyone else for a long time now and by a fair margin at that.
The reality is they finished 4th last year and even second if I buy your logic that the part of the season before Knoblauch doesn’t count.
Top 4 seems reasonable.

• Haha

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System

1. Oilers - 617 goals
2/3. Leafs/Avalanche - 576 goals (tie)
4. Dallas - 575 goals
5. Tampa - 568 goals

But they lost Warren Foegele.

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That’s a whole lot of excuses. The reality is they finished 4th last year and even second if I buy your logic that the part of the season before Knoblauch doesn’t count.
Top 4 seems reasonable.

Those are facts. They are by far the top scoring team in the league the last 2 years, 3 years, 4 years.

They're even in the playoffs the no.1 scoring team the last 3 years.

For the regular season it's not even close, no team is even within 40 goals of the Oilers.

And that was before July 1.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
They likely are the best offense in the league (on paper) right now.

One of the best forward groups in the league and these are the major changes:

They have added Skinner, Ardvisson, kept Henrique, and will see Holloway develop more. They lost Foegele and a few others not worth mentioning.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They likely are the best offense in the league (on paper) right now.

One of the best forward groups in the league and these are the major changes:

They have added Skinner, Ardvisson, kept Henrique, and will see Holloway develop more. They lost Foegele and a few others not worth mentioning.

They've been the best offense for years now anyway, I mean acting like they're some how now just crossing that threshold is patently false.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Those are facts. They are by far the top scoring team in the league the last 2 years, 3 years, 4 years.

They're even in the playoffs the no.1 scoring team the last 3 years.

For the regular season it's not even close, no team is even within 40 goals of the Oilers.

And that was before July 1.
No team is within 40 goals? Weird that they finished 4th last year then? Fourth spot last year. That’s also a fact and matters more than what happened 3 years ago.

• Haha

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No team is within 40 goals? Weird that they finished 4th last year then? Fourth spot last year. That’s also a fact and matters more than what happened 3 years ago.

Last year under Knoblaugh they were no.2 in goals for, 1 goal behind Colorado, and no.1 in the playoffs by a large gap, considerably ahead of Colorado's playoff performance (per game).

In the last two years they are 40+ goals ahead of the 2nd place team. That's just a fact. They are no.1 for goals if you want to go back 3 years. It's the same story for 4 years.

If you want to isolate playoffs they are the highest goals per game in the last 3 years also.

They've been the top offense in the NHL over the last several years. It's not really even that close either.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Last year under Knoblaugh they were no.2 in goals for, 1 goal behind Colorado, and no.1 in the playoffs by a large gap, considerably ahead of Colorado's playoff performance (per game).

In the last two years they are 40+ goals ahead of the 2nd place team. That's just a fact. They are no.1 for goals if you want to go back 3 years. It's the same story for 4 years.

If you want to isolate playoffs they are the highest goals per game in the last 3 years also.

They've been the top offense in the NHL over the last several years. It's not really even that close either.
StOp MaKiNg ExCuSeS!!!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers fans are unbearable. Who gives a shit what you're like on paper? Your team lost to the last 3 Cup winners. Focus on that.

I'm pretty sure they're focused on getting better which is why they added a couple of servicable players and retained several other good ones too. I guess Florida should've just locked themselves in their room and given up last year after Vegas destroyed them in the Cup Final and quit.

Reactions: McAsuno

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why such an arbitrary timeframe? Why not use a bigger sample size or a more relevant one (since the new coach)?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Adding Jeff Skinner and Victor Arvidson does not make them the best forward group in the NHL I'm sorry. Arvidson is injury prone and skinner is washed, I just dont see them as the best, also I think the defense needs more depth

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The arrogance of certain Nucks fans will never not amuse me. About 8 months ago most of them were claiming EP as a top 5 centre in the league, and a better player than Draisaitl.
Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes get a pass for doing f*** all nothing all playoffs because they was hurt, they promise, even though nothing has come out of it, but they'll rip on Draisaitl for having the first bad playoff series of his career with actual documented injuries.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad