The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Names don't mean shit on paper until they perform. Happy JJ brought in some guys that should do well, but until they do I'm not going to say anything.

Sure, but as a manager (well acting GM anyway), Jackson did his job today and then some. With limited cap space he added multiple good players.

Connor and Leon can't say they don't have anything to work with anymore, between Bouchard breaking out as a big ticket player himself also and Hyman and Ekholm adds they now have depth on the wing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Age is a big question mark

How will Skinner/Henrique/Arvidson hold up

& it sounds like they need to create cap space?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Age is a big question mark

How will Skinner/Henrique/Arvidson hold up

& it sounds like they need to create cap space?
Age doesn't really seem like a concern to me on any of them given the term.

They have multiple options to create cap space.
1) LTIR Kane as he might need surgery
2) Trade Cody Ceci
3) Trade Ryan McLeod and run a 21 man roster (assuming Broberg and Holloway sign for around their qualifying offer).

Can address their Ceci upgrade at the trade deadline.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Reading some comments since Game 7 amd again in this thread...I love how last year Florida got the excuse of Tkachuk and his sternum etc...yet McDavid playing with injury many speculated required surgery and Drai playing with a broken rib since R2 and a broken finger is disappearing...

Think they made a pretty valiant effort considering. Especially since those here spouting off would likely whine over a hang nail.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Reading some comments since Game 7 amd again in this thread...I love how last year Florida got the excuse of Tkachuk and his sternum etc...yet McDavid playing with injury many speculated required surgery and Drai playing with a broken rib since R2 and a broken finger is disappearing...

Think they made a pretty valiant effort considering. Especially since those here spouting off would likely whine over a hang nail.

A lot of teams would have folded and called it a season at 0-3 down, Oilers showed a lot of heart refusing to buy into that even without Draisaitl being able to score a single goal in the series.

Florida was in the same spot the year before, eeked out one win before being totally embarrassed in the close out game 5 of the Finals.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Arvidsson was a nice pickup if he stays healthy. Kind of what Brown was supposed to be. And having Henrique for the full season is definitely nice.

Skinner can score but he kind of feeds into their weaknesses when they play loose. For the regular season it should be fine though. Oilers can outscore teams.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Easy according to who? Trolls and haters? By points percentage which is an OBJECTIVE measure of team quality, they had a tough path. Beat the Pacific and Central division champs.
Dallas was Cup favorite by many. They took out Aves and Knights. Stars were a tough out. I had them to beat the Oilers.
Canucks are no cake walk either. Them days are over.
Kings are the kings.
Oils path was nir an easy one.
These ladies one I recall fircany team was the leafs in 2021. All they had to do was beat the .500 Habs , the Jets, and a battered Knights team with Fluery in net.
Try Point to a team that had an easier path than that.

Reactions: Kerberos

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No I don’t care really
so why do you think they are leaving ?
They were one win away from winning it all. So it's not the old "I wanna go to a contender" They are one.
It's not more money, as they will get their money and keep the keys to the city they already have.
Why bail when now that they are right there with the other select few true contenders. Better weather?

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad