The Oilers are an old team

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Holloway starting to break out in St Louis too.

McLeod looking like a great 3C fit in Buffalo. Foegele has 3 goals in LA and looks like he could get to 20.

Edmonton remade their roster. Let go of youth, speed and size. Replaced with age and former goal scoring ability.

Losing Ceci and Broberg. Replacing with Emberson also looking sus.

The oilers lost some guys that are ready made for playoff hockey.

Do any one still think Edmonton got better this offseason?

They just look older, slower and smaller to me. Exactly what works in the playoffs too.

Reactions: Fatass

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Oilers will be fine in the context of making the playoffs as long as mcdavid stays relatively healthy.

Oilers fans usually disagree with me when i point at their holes, but the truth is that they have always had big holes and their management has had years of poor decisions.

But they got mcdavid who is a flat out superhero who just might by chance mask all the ineptness.

Oilers are like a video gamer who has access to the ultimate cheat code, but still can't finish the game.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oilers will be fine in the context of making the playoffs as long as mcdavid stays relatively healthy.

Oilers fans usually disagree with me when i point at their holes, but the truth is that they have always had big holes and their management has had years of poor decisions.

But they got mcdavid who is a flat out superhero who just might by chance mask all the ineptness.

Oilers are like a video gamer who has access to the ultimate cheat code, but still can't finish the game.
Sadly, I have to agree with all of this!

It's true.. McDavid has saved a lot of incompetent GM's/pro scouts/coaches asses!

They've had about 10 years now to surround him with competent talent at all positions and they haven't.

I think I've typed 'need 2 more D' for 5 consecutive seasons. Now we are down to need 1 more D (a legit Top 4 RHD). Hopefully the Kane LTIR and a trade can solve that later on.

We do well in spite of our management.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

A big part of their playoff run was how good their PK was as well. That wasn't sustainable and many of those PKers are gone.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers had a terrible PK and started the season 2-9-1 with guys like Foegele, Holloway, and McLeod on the team and none of those guys were very good in the roles they played in the playoffs either, which is one of the reasons the Oilers lost. 7 games in and people are already throwing in the towel.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Peasy

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
The Oilers had a terrible PK and started the season 2-9-1 with guys like Foegele, Holloway, and McLeod on the team and none of those guys were very good in the roles they played in the playoffs either, which is one of the reasons the Oilers lost. 7 games in and people are already throwing in the towel.

Desharnais and Ceci?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don’t remember in Edmonton Broberg playing with the type of confidence he has now

Dude is out her toe dragging and rushing the puck

Dude visited some sort of sports counselor or meditation guru

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Desharnais and Ceci?
Ceci would be nice to have. He only had 1 season left on his contract and I think they could have fit that in. I do think Emberson has some potential though so we will see how that goes. Desharnais I wouldn't pay 2 million a season for. He is good on the penalty kill but I don't view him as an ideal full time top 6 d-man 5 on 5.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I don’t remember in Edmonton Broberg playing with the type of confidence he has now

Dude is out her toe dragging and rushing the puck

Dude visited some sort of sports counselor or meditation guru
Coaching staff and system are working in his skill sets favor.

Blues GM saw it in him and snagged him. Fantastic vision from all those involved in targeting him.

You have to start to wonder if the Oilers will be able to develop any young players with McDavid, Drai, RNH, Hyman, Bouchard, Nurse and Ekholm eating so much playing time.

3 young players left the team and have had their ice time increased and started to hit their potential.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Since McDavid was drafted (coming up on 10 years) are there any players that the Oilers have drafted that are on their team other than Bouchard and Skinner?

I find it crazy they lost 3 young players they drafted all in the same summer.

10 years of draft and all you got left to look at on your roster are bouchard and skinner... oof.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad