The Oilers are an old team

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Jeff Skinner has more points than Draisaitl and has 12 shots on goal through 3 games...yet you choose right now to slag him? lol
may wanna look elsehwere
ive been ripping on Skinner for 6 years now. I tore apart that Sabres contract from day 1 and watched him contribute to a culture issue there. Just my opinion, but he was the last thing the Oilers needed.
I agree with thie wholeheartedly.

I'll just add why some of us Oil fans type these things.

The second a team scores on us and we go down 1-0 the same posters come out of the woodwork

Drai is leaving
Connor is leaving
Nurse can't play in the NHL
Skinner is ECHL
Oilers are the worst team in the universe
Bouch is ECHL
They have no chance of making the playoffs

Like the comments are damn near instant.lol

That's why we write shit like 'this happened last year'.lol

But yes, trying to replicate last year is a bad idea.lol Czech goalies Vladar and Mrazek are undefeated against us on, most likely, non playoff teams. That is not good.lol
Most know not to take the one liners from randoms too seriously, but the Oilers have been drilled into us as being the best team in the universe since the Panthers lifted the Cup overshadowing their win. Its almost karmatic now to see them struggle and to cheer for it.

Obviously knowledgable fans will give credit where credit is due and that is majority McDavid. The rest of the lineup, its too easy to find holes and throw shade at them.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Where they find the cap space to sign Bouchard is another story. I’d laugh if he signed an offer sheet.

Lots of skill up front, bottom 10 D core and Goal combo. Not a great cup contention mix.
If you look at all cup winners, the one thing every cup winner had was a good team defence with a really good defence. Edmonton doesn’t have that

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
They should put their 3 youngest forwards together and call them 'the kid line'.
Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Podkolzin
It's hard to believe there's a team with only 3 forwards under 30 and those guys are 28, 27 and 23. I guess the consolation is they're loaded with top prospects, The future sure is bright lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
McDavid after 3 games loss to start the season:
1000070004.gif

They should put their 3 youngest forwards together and call them 'the kid line'.
Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Podkolzin
It's hard to believe there's a team with only 3 forwards under 30 and those guys are 28, 27 and 23. I guess the consolation is they're loaded with top prospects, The future sure is bright lol
I would call them the 'cup or bust line'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad