The Oilers are an old team

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Seeing how ashamed McDiver's parents were after he proved he wasn't man enough to accept the Conn Smythe was pretty close.

What's going to be real interesting is if the refs stop falling for all the diving now that McDiver disgraced the league with his refusal to accept the Conn Smythe and the hiring of a sex offender for a GM.

Oilers better hope Ekholm stays healthy all year because Bouchard has to be carried by him.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I'm a flames fan, but I have to note that at this same time last year people were saying the same thing. They started 2-9-1 and looked like one of the worst teams in the league. They ended the year one game away from the Stanley cup. Point being it's a long season.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I'm a flames fan, but I have to note that at this same time last year people were saying the same thing. They started 2-9-1 and looked like one of the worst teams in the league. They ended the year one game away from the Stanley cup. Point being it's a long season.
Don't think you can expect to do that every year. They gave everything they had last year and are in a clear hangover. Obviously they're not this bad but they lost some important young pieces in the off-season. Their core is still elite, but if this season goes sideways they may need a retool before they actually can win the cup.

Reactions: King In The North

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don't think you can expect to do that every year. They gave everything they had last year and are in a clear hangover. Obviously they're not this bad but they lost some important young pieces in the off-season. Their core is still elite, but if this season goes sideways they may need a retool before they actually can win the cup.
How many times can you retool the retool before the retool cant be retooled?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Once McDavid and Draisatl get going then it will be time to be worried. The first 10 games of the regular season is the same every year, some bad teams have good starts and some good teams have bad starts. People always overreact to the beginning of the NHL season.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

They went to Game 7 of the cup final. You don't get rid of 6 roster players and bring in 6 more all in one summer. That effects team chemistry way too much. It will take 20 games just for the new guys to settle in. Oilers should have learned when the Flames lost Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk all in one year.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Justice for Ken Holland!!!

I always believed he was the lucky charm, the magic bean, and the way the Oilers terminated him unfairly, they deserve this string of karma!!

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Knoblauch is not a long term coach. He's the flavour of the year and he had a lot of luck going his way last year. So essentially he overachieved with that group.

I think teams now have figured out how to play against his system. The exact same thing happened to Jay Woodcraft. He was seen as a blessing in Edmonton when he was hired, only to be fired the year after? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
McDavid Dig up.png

• Haha
Reactions: Anglesmith

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Hold the media accountable for the hype every year. You can't really blame their fans. We all know their unparalleled delusion is a symptom of being mentally abused by ownership for 20 years.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Hold the media accountable for the hype every year. You can't really blame their fans. We all know their unparalleled delusion is a symptom of being mentally abused by ownership for 20 years.
With their core in their prime they should be favorites every year. But for whatever reason they start the season every year like they're drunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad