The Official "What Grinds My Gears" Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They can still send him down tomorrow (if they have him on a plane late tonight or early tomorrow) and he won't miss a Heat game. Can't exactly dominate when there is not a game being played for him to dominate in.

I think he should be sent down until he really gets things going. He should not be recalled either until it's clear he's playing at a high level consistently. It won't help him to be sitting in the press box, he needs to be getting the proper minutes to develop his game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think he should be sent down until he really gets things going. He should not be recalled either until it's clear he's playing at a high level consistently. It won't help him to be sitting in the press box, he needs to be getting the proper minutes to develop his game.
I have no issue with that. Just saying when he is sent down doesn't matter as long as its between games.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Resurrecting this as my gears are being ground by this as we speak:

You know what really grinds my gears? Individual stat tables which don't include a GP column.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It also grinds my gears every dam time you move your curser over the advertisement on this site that stupid window pops open. :madfire:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It also grinds my gears every dam time you move your curser over the advertisement on this site that stupid window pops open. :madfire:

Part of the reason I became a sponsor. One of the small perks and I think I can justify $12 a year based on how much entertainment I get out of these forums.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That post was certainly deleted quickly. Probably too obvious on my part.

But ads like these cross reasonable boundaries and deserve to be, uh, barred from autoplaying.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That post was certainly deleted quickly. Probably too obvious on my part.

But ads like these cross reasonable boundaries and deserve to be, uh, barred from autoplaying.

I agree. If only there was something that one could do about this by searching the intertubes for a solution to this problem.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Had to re-up this cuz I have to tell you all what really grinds my gears:

Spence diamond commercials on Fan960.

Discuss.

bWo*

Discuss.

**** Spence Diamond, those guys possibly have the worst ads ive ever heard.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Become a mod, never see ads :).
or become a sponsor

That 660 ad that goes

Brakes Brakes Brakes Brakes Brakes Brakes Brakes Brakes!!!

Makes you instinctively want to hit your brakes.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Discuss.

But didn't you tell them about the new diamond things?

*chuckle* no, you did.

When?

Just now!

Oh!

rage-face-o.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I hate those *** damn ads to, but to say they are the worst advertising ever is false, they are actually quite effective. The point of advertising is to leave an impression, Sean Jones knows he is annoying as **** and he deliberately plays that up to make people remember the advertising. I just got engaged, and that was the first place I went to look. But I didn't buy there because their prices were atrocious so I bought a ring at Michael Hill.

But I agree, I would like to grind that little puke Sean Jones into a pulp.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I hate those *** damn ads to, but to say they are the worst advertising ever is false, they are actually quite effective. The point of advertising is to leave an impression, Sean Jones knows he is annoying as **** and he deliberately plays that up to make people remember the advertising. I just got engaged, and that was the first place I went to look. But I didn't buy there because their prices were atrocious so I bought a ring at Michael Hill.

But I agree, I would like to grind that little puke Sean Jones into a pulp.

Congratulations. :handclap:

Did you guys get Alarm Force ads with Joel Matlin? That guy had IMO an equally annoying radio voice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hate Christmas music. It makes me want to go on a spree and not the shopping kind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad