Player Discussion: The Official Steven Stamkos Appreciation Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
End of an era,one of the biggest reasons I am Tampas fan,great player,great captain,I will really miss him a lot. Best of luck at Nashville

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1719849969011.png

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So we sign the biggest available UFA and are gonna be about as good as we were last year.

...This is terrible. No way around it. Unless it comes out that Stamkos wanted a similar number from us, we have to believe he was willing to stay for a discount. And under those circumstances, this is just gross.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Aside from not sitting well with the fans, we have a glaring hole in the top six and when you compound all the reasons for bringing back a top six player in Stamkos.... you do it.

Brisebois has played several hands that have blown up, he's doubling back and righting some wrongs. This feels like it's going to blow up in his face. His tenure here really just took a huge hit with the fans.

I'll reserve any further comments about how I feel about Brisebois.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Aside from not sitting well with the fans, we have a glaring hole in the top six and when you compound all the reasons for bringing back a top six player in Stamkos.... you do it.

Brisebois has played several hands that have blown up, he's doubling back and righting some wrongs. This feels like it's going to blow up in his face. His tenure here really just took a huge hit with the fans.

I'll reserve any further comments about how I feel about Brisebois.
I think we have to see how the rest of the day plays out. Hard to be overly excited when it's goals in, goals out right now. Net positive, sure, but not nearly as much as we need.

But. It looked like we weren't gonna trade Sergachev, and we traded Sergachev. So I'm willing to give JBB at least the day to make us a better team than we were last year. Or until camp, really, but as of now it feels like 1.5 steps forward, one step back.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gutted feeling. I just can't see that he had the same salary demands of Tampa. And that if he was being forced out, he was going to maximize the situation as a means to salvage the reality.
This. I highly doubt he was asking for 8M from Tampa. Likely around 5-6M would've sufficed but when the writing was on the wall that the offer didn't go up, he took the most lucrative in a reasonable location. I'm sure McDonagh was in contact to some extent.

Brisebois not moving up to keep that top six in tact is f***ing wild. There's nobody of his caliber out there. AND you still need to shape up the bottom six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad