Prospect Info: The Official Nathan MacKinnon Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It's possible, but I would guess we'll probably see him with 22 next year. From all accounts it means a lot to him because of Freddy Cabana, and has said he'd wear it if it was open in the NHL, and hoped to have it his whole career.

Not that Hunwick had to automatically give up his number because Nate's a 1st overall pick. Usually the kid has to bribe the vet somehow with a watch or something. I'm not sure but I think the Hunwick hate might be a little tongue in cheek because of what an easy target he is.

For some that's true, it could be tongue-in-cheek, for others, I'm not so sure.

And yes, I do remember the story of Freddy Cabana, so that's why even I'm a little shocked that he isn't getting #22...but that's not going to stop be from getting a MacKinnon jersey, could turn out to be a nice Collector's Item one day (much like the Stastny 62's!)

As soon as I get the money, that thing is getting ordered!

LateNightOilerFan

Oct 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nate wore #9 in minor hockey, he wore #22 as a Moosehead as a tribute to Cabana. #29 seems like a combination/compromise for the 2 numbers he has worn so far in his hockey career.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It's possible, but I would guess we'll probably see him with 22 next year. From all accounts it means a lot to him because of Freddy Cabana, and has said he'd wear it if it was open in the NHL, and hoped to have it his whole career.

Not that Hunwick had to automatically give up his number because Nate's a 1st overall pick. Usually the kid has to bribe the vet somehow with a watch or something. I'm not sure but I think the Hunwick hate might be a little tongue in cheek because of what an easy target he is.

My guess is he didn't even ask him. It seems like it's in bad taste to ask that as a rookie. Staz waited until his sophomore year to ask Liles, who was happy to do it because he liked #4.

I totally agree, that's why he's saying in twitter, that THIS YEAr he will wear #29, while Hunwick is still playing for this team, but he should be gone by next season.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hunwick has no business being in the NHL so he should just give up #22 even if he's giving it to a rookie, because that rookie is about 100 times better than him even if he busts.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Nate wore #9 in minor hockey, he wore #22 as a Moosehead as a tribute to Cabana. #29 seems like a combination/compromise for the 2 numbers he has worn so far in his hockey career.

Bingo, came here to say this. Logical choice considering what numbers he has worn and why he wears them...

Hey, at least at the news of #22 not being available he didn't demand a trade to Baie-Comeau... Errrr, wait ;)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So basically, anybody with a "9" in their jersey number is untouchable in trades :sarcasm:

Down the middle, the Avs will have

Avs core longterm include

I don't know, 29 looks kinda out of place, like it does not belong there. Should of went with 91

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
BRkrPyPCAAAwZ-E.png

Ewwwwwwww :thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad