Speculation: The Official Bjugstad Thread: Alias Hate and Love not far from each other

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I’m down for getting rid of Huberdeau and Bjugstad. I’m tired of their disappearing acts.

Though I’m tired of Barkov as well lol and his overpassing and lack of emotion.

Was looking forward to Borgstrom but he did not look ready at all.

Come on man. I know we're running out of steam at the end of the season, but you want to get rid of a legit top line winger (Huberdeau)?

Bjugstad I can understand more if we package him for a top 4 Dman.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I’m down for getting rid of Huberdeau and Bjugstad. I’m tired of their disappearing acts.

Though I’m tired of Barkov as well lol and his overpassing and lack of emotion.

Was looking forward to Borgstrom but he did not look ready at all.
Realistically the Isles will ask and get a #1 Center from one of 3 teams that have the room if Tavares refuses to sign....Cats, Yotes, VGK. Yotes would probably do the deal if Stepan didn't have a NTC but the Golden Knights would have to think long and hard about giving up Karlsson and his 41 G's and 73 pts in 77 games. I'm not adverse to giving them Barky and our #1 if that's what it would take but they would also have to absorb Nick, Pysyk and send us back DeHaan.

A Barkov trade is probably the most viable from a practical competitive standpoint as he is young and on a reasonable contract. So it would just be a matter of dollars and whether Tavares wants to be here. Certainly he could test UFA but there aren't a lot of teams that could absorb $9-10M per for 7 years.

Like I said it's probably a pipe dream but to me Barkov has a lot of holes in his demeanor (passion/intensity) to take us to the next level. :)

ps: The Cats like the Bolts probably can pay about a million less per due to no income tax. Stamkos signed for $8.5M and was worth more if he signed elsewhere.

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Realistically the Isles will ask and get a #1 Center from one of 3 teams that have the room if Tavares refuses to sign....Cats, Yotes, VGK. Yotes would probably do the deal if Stepan didn't have a NTC but the Golden Knights would have to think long and hard about giving up Karlsson and his 41 G's and 73 pts in 77 games. I'm not adverse to giving them Barky and our #1 if that's what it would take but they would also have to absorb Nick, Pysyk and send us back DeHaan.

A Barkov trade is probably the most viable from a practical standpoint as he is young and on a reasonable contract. So it would just be a matter of dollars and whether Tavares wants to be here. Certainly he could test UFA but there aren't a lot of teams that could absorb $11-14M per for 7 years.

Like I said it's probably a pipe dream but to me Barkov has a lot of holes in his demeanor (passion/intensity) to take us to the next level. :)

I’d honestly consider trading Barkov if we could sign Tavares.

Barkov is way too passive and I’m tired of his “pass first” mentality. I can’t picture him leading us to a cup final.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I wouldn’t be against, IF we signed Tavares.

Plus, I’ve realized not to go against Brokin’s prophecies.

Fellas, we have a loyal elite centerman on our team for the first time in franchise history and he’s only 22 on a long-term sweetheart deal. Those don’t come along too often, especially not in our franchise’s history.

He and Tavares being on the same team is probably what would attract Tavares to come here. Let’s have them both and win the cup! :)

Barkov-Tavares-Trocheck-Bjugstad, The 1-2-3-4 punch down the middle.

;)

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
even tho on the whole saying "id be ok with trading barkov (he would return a hugeeee amount) only on the basis of having another superstar center such as tavares" thats fine, but also keep in mind that barkov is on a sweetheart deal. id rather have barkov on his 4yrs remaining at 5.9mil per than tavares at 10+per. contracts give/subtract value from a player depending on which end of the spectrum the contract is on (obviously). and obviously we arent trading him.

id rather add to the offense than subtract so that means retaining huberdeau as well (which obviously they will as well). only way id consider it is if it were for an equal one-for-one type trade for a similar winger but maybe brings something else to the table, or for a legit defender. and even then theres a lot of IFs at play such as high much does the returning player make, etc.

it obviously makes no difference, neither are going anywhere.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Y’all can’t actually be serious about trading Barkov right?

These are the times when I'm so happy some people aren't in charge of this team. Just waiting for the day people turn against Borgstrom as well, the Messiah one day, worst C the next. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even say Trocheck has been playing that great lately, he had one game (Arizona) where he really sparked the team. Let's get rid of him also?! The entire team stumbled right at the last stretch. Yeah, you get rid of Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad...makes perfect sense with the way they have been playing. There is no fatigue/lost form at work here at all...

I wish people would understand how draining it is chasing the way the Panthers did. They did a fantastic job to get to where they are. Is it frustrating and unfortunate they ran out of steam right at this time? Absolutely. But do remember they were always in for a massive struggle to reach the playoffs. Devils and Jackets ran out of form a while back, which enabled Panthers to enter the race. They had flipped spells, unfortunatly Panthers had their peak a little too early and had too bad of a start to get in this season.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
These are the times when I'm so happy some people aren't in charge of this team. Just waiting for the day people turn against Borgstrom as well, the Messiah one day, worst C the next. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even say Trocheck has been playing that great lately, he had one game (Arizona) where he really sparked the team. Let's get rid of him also?! The entire team stumbled right at the last stretch. Yeah, you get rid of Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad...makes perfect sense with the way they have been playing. There is no fatigue/lost form at work here at all...

I wish people would understand how draining it is chasing the way the Panthers did. They did a fantastic job to get to where they are. Is it frustrating and unfortunate they ran out of steam right at this time? Absolutely. But do remember they were always in for a massive struggle to reach the playoffs. Devils and Jackets ran out of form a while back, which enabled Panthers to enter the race. They had flipped spells, unfortunatly Panthers had their peak a little too early and had too bad of a start to get in this season.

If fans were in charge of the team, the roster would be completely different from the beginning of the season to the end of the season! lol

And we would only have 4 players on the team, and about 50 draft picks! lol

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Why are people surprised that Trocheck, Barkov, and Huberdeau tailed off at the end of the year? The coach ran them into the ground with ice time in because the third line was bad and the 4th line is absolutely awful. Our top two centers have to play huge PK time because the rest of the team is terrible at it. The same thing happened last year when Rowe ran Tro into the ground with all the ice time he was playing him. Dadonov didn’t get so run down because its not really tiring to sit around the blueline waiting for outlet passes so he can get breakaways. Trocheck gets grief for shooting too much, his over aggressiveness and being selfish then Barkov gets it for passing too much, not showing emotion and being to unselfish. Make up your mind.

Most of the players on the team are young and are playing a new system for the what the 3rd to 5th time? Huberdeau has had 5 coaches in his 6 year career with the Panthers Barkov has had 5 in 5 years that’s f***ing nuts. It’s hard enough to break into the NHL as a new guy but with rotating coaches and systems how the hell do you develop your talent when you’re constantly changing your coaches and systems. I am hoping that the Panthers remain stable this offseason add a couple quality bottom six guys and a veteran D to stabilize the backend(bye Pysyk :crossfing) and hopefully somebody for the top 6 either externally or internally.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad