Euro: The Official 2024 Euro Germany Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins?

• Germany

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • France

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Netherlands

• Belgium

• Portugal

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
UEFA's official All star -team was announced too. No proper CF in that line-up, Musiala didn't play the position shown.

"Uefa team of the tournament: Mike Maignan (France); Kyle Walker (England), Manuel Akanji (Switzerland), William Saliba (France), Marc Cucurella (Spain); Daniel Olmo (Spain), Rodri (Spain), Fabian Ruiz (Spain); Lamine Yamal (Spain), Jamal Musiala (Germany), Nico Williams (Spain)"

Euro 2024: England's Kyle Walker named in team of tournament alongside six Spain players

I wonder if the trend continues even more into the direction that there won't be any more real CF focal points in the attack.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Walker? That reeks of forcing an England player in there.

Mamardashvili and Donnarumma were also easily the best keepers, but they never include players who were eliminated that early.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't know how one could conceivably in a million years draw the conclusion that Walker was the best RB, when there's a case to be made that he was England's worst player.

The Team of the Tournament I sent to my pal two minutes after the final ended:

Williams - Gakpo* - Yamal
Ruiz - Musiala** - Olmo
Cucu - Saliba - Guehi - Aebischer***
Maignan****

*I know he didn't play CF, but I'm using a loose "three forwards" here
** coin flip with Kroos
*** if you're mad that I put two leftbacks, replace Aebischer with Kimmich
**** solely because Georgia went out in R16, or else it would be Mamar

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Walker? That reeks of forcing an England player in there.

Mamardashvili and Donnarumma were also easily the best keepers, but they never include players who were eliminated that early.
Can you find a fault in Maignan though? He was pretty much perfect.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Can you find a fault in Maignan though? He was pretty much perfect.
I'm not finding fault with Maignan, I'm simply saying those two were clearly the best keepers at the tournament. Maignan was playing behind a much stronger team and didn't have to make the quantity or quality of saves those two did.

Considering only players from teams who go far are considered for this (even though I disagree with that), he's an acceptable choice. Not like Walker's inclusion, which is absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad