OT: The Official 2013 WJC Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yea damn the IIHF for trying to protect 18 and 19 year olds. They should just let them kill each other for our entertainment.

c'mon, that was as a perfect of a hit as one could deliver. this is just another knee jerk reaction on the call to bring the game to ringette levels. hockey has hitting....if some players playing the game cant figure that out well lesson learned the hard way.

i hope this camara kid keeps it up in his career.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
What? Protection from legal hits? Sounds ridiculous to me.
Protection from hitting becoming a tool to kill people instead of its original purpose - separating opponents from the puck.

I don`t agree, just telling you how some may see it.

It's the same in minor hockey; however, the hit wasn't a foul so it doesn't deserve ANY penalty.
True, but don`t we know this approach from other hockey tournaments/leagues and/or sports too? It simply works that way, whether we like it or not.

Just kidding, but seriously.

As for the penatly. As I said, it`s those stupid rules and reffing inconsistency. They wanted to send him out so they did.

And again, as I said, I felt bad for Camara. Obviously not for no reason, right? So yeah.

c'mon, that was as a perfect of a hit as one could deliver. this is just another knee jerk reaction on the call to bring the game to ringette levels. hockey has hitting....if some players playing the game cant figure that out well lesson learned the hard way.

i hope this camara kid keeps it up in his career.
I usually agree, but there was not much he could do in that situation other than letting the bouncing puck go and leave it to Canadian forchecking forwards.

It`s a matter of seconds. He had two options available. A bad one and a worse one.

for the record, im not even cheering for canada in this WJC. go pietila and usa!
Atta boy!

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
It's a legal hit in the NHL but not in this tournament. I'm all for keeping these kinds of hits in the NHL but for a Junior tournament I don't mind trying to protect players.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Incorrect. Under the IIHF rules, every foul play that results in an injury is worth a game misconduct. I disagree with the rule, but it is what it is.

He also forgot how Hamilton sold the interference call just a few minutes before that.

Now THAT`s *****ing hockey, my Canadian friends. ;)

Thanks for being the one who got it right. Camara's hit is clean, but if there's injury there's a misconduct (on a foul play, which you could argue this was not though). But really, you would get drilled in high school hockey with your head down like that.

Talking about p***yfication of the game, the Canadian commentator spraying his pants over how excellently Hamilton sold the call with a dive, now that's ****ing p***yfication if anything. Diving in hockey is as manly as a transvestite.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Thanks for being the one who got it right. Camara's hit is clean, but if there's injury there's a misconduct (on a foul play, which you could argue this was not though). But really, you would get drilled in high school hockey with your head down like that.

Talking about p***yfication of the game, the Canadian commentator spraying his pants over how excellently Hamilton sold the call with a dive, now that's ****ing p***yfication if anything. Diving in hockey is as manly as a transvestite.

This^^^^^^. Whats good for the Goose is only good for the Canadian Goose. Leads to a goal and a shift in the game.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Nikita Kucherov and Tanner Richard look amazing so far.

Damn you, Yzerman.

Had to look up who Tanner Richard was cause I had no idea. Turns out he has 39 points in 29 games. 3! of those are goals, 3!. That's just, Wow. 3 goals and 36 assists. :laugh:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Had to look up who Tanner Richard was cause I had no idea. Turns out he has 39 points in 29 games. 3! of those are goals, 3!. That's just, Wow. 3 goals and 36 assists. :laugh:
Had three assists against Latvia. Nobody told the poor kid that they throw hats only if you score. :laugh:

He`s really good, just always looks for a passing lane.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Had three assists against Latvia. Nobody told the poor kid that they throw hats only if you score. :laugh:

He`s really good, just always looks for a passing lane.
There'd just be a load of these on the ice. Pretty ladies.. yesssss...

SI_Ushanka2.jpg

GM17*

Thanks for being the one who got it right. Camara's hit is clean, but if there's injury there's a misconduct (on a foul play, which you could argue this was not though).

What section + page # in the IIHF rulebook does it state that clean hits that cause injury are subject to a game misconduct and a 5 minute major

nvm seeing what you meant in parentheses now. obviously it's not a major if it's a clean hit.,

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
USA can't match Canada's depth so far. John Gaudreau did get sprung on a breakaway, but Malcolm Subban waited him out and made the save. USA left RNH unmarked after a faceoff and he buried one from the top of the slot. Later Brett Ritchie went for a wraparound which turned into a perfect pass to Ryan Strome backdoor.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
USA has Gally and a lot of small guys who are overplayed. They can't score for ****.

Ryan Murphy gets a lot of ice time but he hasn't been playing that great but since Spott is the coach I can see why. Hamilton I thought would be better but he seems anxious with the puck.

Mackinnon flew up the ice when he got to play, he should get more ice time along with Drouin.

2-1 lucky goal

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Canada hangs on for the 2-1 win. Last ten minutes seemed like a PP fest. USA killed off a pair of 5 on 3s including one which lasted a full two minutes. Gibson made some tremendous saves during that sequence. RNH took a penalty late to give the Americans a chance to tie on the PP but Subban stood tall.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
In a short toruney like this chemistry is imperative which is why Boucher should be on the team playing with gally. team lacks finishers so you leave off the guy who is second in the O in goals and would have the best shot in the tourney.

kiwidevil

In a short toruney like this chemistry is imperative which is why Boucher should be on the team playing with gally. team lacks finishers so you leave off the guy who is second in the O in goals and would have the best shot in the tourney.

Yup. Most of the top 6 forwards have been invisible. Especially the "1st line"

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
USA's top line has been pretty sad. I really don't like Grimaldi and Gaudreau's game. It looks like they're trying pee-wee tricks and once those don't work, they just skate themselves into a corner and cough up a turnover. Miller's looked ok but the line as a whole has been a supreme disappointment.

PHIL HOUSELY, WHY YOU PLAY GALCHENYUK SO LITTLE? This kid is CLEARLY the best talent on the team and why he's not playing every other shift when you need 1 or 2 goals is completely beyond me.

Last edited:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Nichuskin gets a game misconduct for a hit from behind on Wotherspoon (who previously took a skate in the face from Zharkov).

EDIT: Hamilton scored on the PP, what a well-placed bomb!

EDIT: Scheifele makes it 2-0, cashing in rebound of his own rebound.

USA's top line has been pretty sad. I really don't like Grimaldi and Gaudreau's game. It looks like they're trying pee-wee tricks and once those don't work, they just skate themselves into a corner and cough up a turnover. Miller's looked ok but the line as a whole has been a supreme disappointment.

PHIL HOUSELY, WHY YOU PLAY GALCHENYUK SO LITTLE? This kid is CLEARLY the best talent on the team and why he's not playing every other shift when you need 1 or 2 goals is completely beyond me.
Because he played poorly in the first two periods. Both Gaudreau and Trocheck alongside Vesey were better today.

Grimaldi should`ve been cut in favor of one of the Devils.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Kucherov benefits from a turnover. Still 2-1 Canada, but Russia is pushing it.

What a game.

Kucherov-Grigorenko-Slepyshev is by far the best line in the tournament.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
First off, please don`t quote the videos.

We`re halfway through the tournament and I already get the sense that this might be the dirtiest WJC tournament in years and that`s bad, very bad.

Jenner started it all in a pre-tournament game.

and then...

Correct me if I`m wrong, but I haven`t seen this many misconducts and suspensions since... well, I don`t know.

This is pathetic and remember, those are still 17-20 year olds. Nothing wrong with some trash talking (we`ve already seen more of that too), but this is crossing the line and as you can see, many of those hits were clearly intentional, so the officiating is NOT to blame.

The bigger ice reduces dangerous blind-side and/or cheap hits you say? There`s always a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad