The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 3.0

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
14th or 15th is pretty much locked in imo. So funny that we were cheering bc for a potential top 5 pick like mid season. Being a fan of this team is a privilege.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
14th or 15th is pretty much locked in imo. So funny that we were cheering bc for a potential top 5 pick like mid season. Being a fan of this team is a privilege.
Just a complete and utter hope killer of a season. I really don't know if i'll be watching next year. I at least want the illusion of either Cup competitiveness, or a chance at a franchise changing player that will enable us to be a Contender in the future.

Right now, it's not completely impossible, but even the most delusional fan would have to think that both scenarios are not happening till 25-26 at the earliest.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Just a complete and utter hope killer of a season. I really don't know if i'll be watching next year. I at least want the illusion of either Cup competitiveness, or a chance at a franchise changing player that will enable us to be a Contender in the future.

Right now, it's not completely impossible, but even the most delusional fan would have to think that both scenarios are not happening till 25-26 at the earliest.
I have a feeling they’ll be pretty good next year. The injuries this season have been significant.

Additional cap, another year of prospect growth & a healthy squad should have us finish somewhere in the top 3 in the Central imo

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
They’re tied for the 12 spot rn with the Penguins & there’s only 2 “easy” games remaining in our schedule. Think it’s possible they could still move up a couple more spots.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
They’re tied for the 12 spot rn with the Penguins & there’s only 2 “easy” games remaining in our schedule. Think it’s possible they could still move up a couple more spots.
They’re going to end with ~89 points if I had to guess

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Those two easy games are against the two literal worst teams though. Seattle isn't very good either.

Losing the other 4 seems very possible, but they probably end up getting at least 2 points out of those.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’d venture a guess that if our health was 30% better we would be in the playoffs. Hell, a healthy Kaprizov to start the year probably means we make the playoffs.

People got their hopes up for a top pick, but didn’t look at the added context.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I was never under the illusion that this team could tank badly enough to get a top 7-8 pick. Short of Kaprizov, Boldy and Ek ALL getting season ending injuries, this team was going to win enough games to keep them out of the top 10.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
We'd be in the playoffs right now if our goalies gave us a .910+ season.

Don't really care where we pick. Just want whatever pick we make to make sense.

.910 sv% would be a difference of ~22 goals between MAF and Gus for the season. 3rd in the Central is 17p ahead of MN. The WC is 10p ahead. I don't know if that 22ga difference would equal 11-20 standings points for the season.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
.910 sv% would be a difference of ~22 goals between MAF and Gus for the season. 3rd in the Central is 17p ahead of MN. The WC is 10p ahead. I don't know if that 22ga difference would equal 11-20 standings points for the season.

If I'm counting it right, Wild have 21 losses in 1 goal games which is good for 3rd worst win% in those in the whole league.

So those extra saves could make a massive difference, assuming they don't all happen in blowout losses.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
To be fair, only 3 teams have that. That's asking a lot.
Am I understanding this wrong? I count at least 5, when combining all the goalies together for each of those teams. There may be more, but I don't want to weed through it all. Those are Florida, Winnipeg, Nashville, St. Louis and the New York Islanders.

*edit* I found this at ESPN, of all sources. Looks like there are 8 such teams this year. Again, this is if I'm understanding the assignment correctly.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
The difference between the construction of our team and the construction of a team like Boston comes down entirely to Goaltending, Coaching, and Injury luck

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
With Pittsburgh winning....we would currently pick 12th. Hopefully Buffalo, Seattle and/or New Jersey can go on a big winning streak.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
SO what's the highest we could pick realistically? 10 ? IF everything goes right?
12, somewhat realistically. more likely 13-15. For us to do better we'd have to lse a lot in regulation, and teams around us win or got into OT a lot.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
12, somewhat realistically. more likely 13-15. For us to do better we'd have to lse a lot in regulation, and teams around us win or got into OT a lot.

I'm pretty sure this is why we called up Buster Wallstedt, right?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm pretty sure this is why we called up Buster Wallstedt, right?
I thought playing Goligoski and Merrill together was our plan. Wallstedt is kind of tricky... he might end up playing well.

Sure would be nice for a flu to go around the Brodin, Ek, Faber, Kaprizov corner of the dressing room.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad