GDT: "The object of war is not to die for your team, but to make the other bastard die for his." (Game #3 - Oct. 13) Battle of Alberta [6pm MT, 3am EEST]

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
One other comment. Kevin Bahl has been a good positional defender so far. I know it's only 3 games in, but he's stood out among the non Andersson/Weegar defenders.

Kevin Bahl with *checks notes* 24 minutes of ice time?
He's settled in quite nicely.

Seriously though...

I was told there was going to be a rebuild?

I do expect that today's gonna hurt a bit. Nothing cures an Oiler slump like a game against the Flames.
You be quiet.

Reactions: Straight Fire

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Even in a full rebuild year, the Flames were still going to win around 30 games give or take. In 2014 when they finished 27th, their record was 35-40-7

The offense is on fire and they're digging in :)laugh:); we'll see how long it lasts

Reactions: Straight Fire

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Kevin Bahl with *checks notes* 24 minutes of ice time?

I only noticed him like 2-3 times for some flimsy stick work. Dang. That's a great "didn't really notice him" for me then.

I saw Pachal attempt to mash players several times in the corner to Vladar's left. If he does more of that, it's like Regehr's tunnel lite (PachPOW's corner or something). Pretty good for lowest TOI tonight.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
One other comment. Kevin Bahl has been a good positional defender so far. I know it's only 3 games in, but he's stood out among the non Andersson/Weegar defenders.
Who would’ve thought the 6’6 24 year old who led the Devil’s defense in xGA/60 while playing the 3rd most minutes 5v5 on their blue line may have been a good add.

Not only did I think he was gonna be a great addition, so far I was completely right on the effect he’d have on Andersson. Rasmus has been electric this year, and this pair has been our best by far and the minutes reflect it. Ball’s skating, size, and defensive play is going to be a big part of our defense for the next decade.

Side note: Connor Zary just had the first 20 minute game of his career. What a jump he’s made this year.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Who would’ve thought the 6’6 24 year old who led the Devil’s defense in xGA/60 while playing the 3rd most minutes 5v5 their blue line may have been a good add.

Not only did I think he was gonna be a great addition, so far I was completely right on the effect he’d have on Andersson. Rasmus has been electric this year, and this pair has been our best by far and the minutes reflect it.

I really didn't like his stick work, even this game. But I guess results speak for themselves. If the stats stay true, I just gotta get used to how he looks often kinda weird positionally at times.

I thought he'd be OK. He's seeming like that solid second paring for sure. Pure bonus if it's more than that IMO.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I really didn't like his stick work, even this game. But I guess results speak for themselves. If the stats stay true, I just gotta get used to how he looks often kinda weird positionally at times.

I thought he'd be OK. He's seeming like that solid second paring for sure. Pure bonus if it's more than that IMO.
Think he’s definitely still shaking off the rust for sure joining a new team with a limited camp, plus at that size he’s just going to look awkward even doing the most normal of things. But looking passed his stick work the man just separates player from pucks at top flight levels, no team will be cycling against him.

You are right though, results speak for themselves. Once again, he is top 3 on our team as well at xGA/60 5v5, behind Pachal and Backlund. With the second most minutes on our team behind Andersson 5v5. I beat his drum all off-season, and so far even I under-rated him.

Last edited:

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Kamloops
People forget Bahl was the main peace In the Taylor hall to Zona trade and people couldn’t believe the ‘yotes gave him up. He was good for the world juniors and it does take time for a defenceman to mature.

We have a gem and I’m here for it

Straight Fire

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Lomberg is the best 4th liner we’ve had in a very long time. Possibly since 04. He knows what he is and does it so well

Loved Stajan, thought he was an amazing 4th liner.

But I like Lomberg too, great signing, surprised Panthers let him go.

Last edited:

Straight Fire

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just finishing watching. Ras looked like Zary on that goal :naughty: what a great game by him.

Glad Savard is gone; now Toronto is struggling.

Just nice to see us crush the Oil.

Such an unexpected nice feel being 3-0 when expecting to be 0-3. Craziness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad