Post-Game Talk: The night the cannons fell silent.

POTM

• Total voters

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I knew that Weber coming back would improve the defense as a whole because it would push everybody down the depth chart, closer to where they should play, but I didn't know it would work out so well.

We don't have a good defense per se, but now at least it can be carried to quality by a goalie like Price.
The addition of Kulak has been underratedly huge, dont care what anyone says, i like him out there
Mete finally looks like the NHL isnt too much for him
And Benn back on the right side, where he always looked good for us the other seasons

Leaks are fixed, but held by rags, for now, but its working at the moment

Careys also lookin at another Vezina nom if he keeps this up

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
k4q51v6.gif
Atta boy Runner!! :laugh:

Im very curious to see how this trade deadline will be handled by Bergevin, he can solidify a very solid season of transactions or he can poor gas on it and lend it a match with boneheaded moves.......so much drama, can’t wait for deadline day :)

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The addition of Kulak has been underratedly huge, dont care what anyone says, i like him out there
And Benn back on the right side, where he always looked good for us the other seasons

The key is the mobility of Mete, Reilly, and Kuluk, over Schlemko and Alzner. They may make mistakes, but at least they get to the puck quickly and can move it quickly.

We're still giving up too many shots. Hopefully when Byron comes back we'll have 3 good lines that can keep the puck in the oposition's end more:

Tatar Domi Byron
Drouin KK Gallagher
Lehkonen Danault Armia

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I absolutely love the fact that just Tatar himself is better than Max, is younger and makes less starting next season. The rest is gravy.

I keep thinking, "the guy we were gonna trade at the deadline no matter what" they said is turning into a "bargain 25+ goals scorer 3 years at 4.8 mill per til hes 30" guy..
Costed red wings 1-2-3 round picks... we get him suzuki AND a 2nd...it makes me laugh everyday

Max would of never scored a goal like tatars 2nd goal, never, it was 5 hole or bust for max

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Kulak...might be our next Jeff Petry ...a great pick up for the price paid...

Kulak already on pace for a career year...
25 games 5 pts...
it took him 71 games to get to 8 pts with Flames...

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Im very curious to see how this trade deadline will be handled by Bergevin, he can solidify a very solid season of transactions or he can poor gas on it and lend it a match with boneheaded moves.......so much drama, can’t wait for deadline day :)

All he has to do is stay the course and do what he said he was going to do at the mid-season presser. It's nice to have young talent in the pipeline -- would love to add a little more next summer.

As for this season, he can certainly try to pull another Armia-type deal. Although, I'm not sure if the timing is as good right now since most teams, even those close to the cap, are generally able to add players on account of their reduced cap impact this time of year.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
...Mete finally looks like the NHL isnt too much for him ...

This was equally surprising to me. I was among those who thought they had called him too soon from the AHL earlier in the season.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
We are 1 point away from the future Stanley Cup Champions Toronto Maple Leafs.

All that talk about Tavares and a bunch of scrubs are almost tied with them

You forgot to mention once Nylander would join them, the Leafs would be an unstopable offensive powerhouse.

Jordie Benn has more goals then Nylander since he came back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
sitting in the MontegoBay airport in jamaica about to board. watching the game stats on my phone. go habs go. fly Lshap fly. wanna see a W when I land!

You will love the news when you land. Safe travels.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That was good news back in 2014.

But now ...

I'm hoping since Flyers play Habs next, there waiting until that game is over to trade him to Montreal...lol

In all likelihood, the Flyers would have to pick up a portion of that salary to help facilitate a deal, or offer a sweetener in the form of a draft pick to get a team to take Weise off the Flyers' hands.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2010
You forgot to mention once Nylander would join them, the Leafs would be an unstopable offensive powerhouse.

Jordie Benn has more goals then Nylander since he came back.

I love stuff like this! Kinda like when Pleks had more points than Matthews in the playoffs :laugh:

Reactions: thewall

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Weise for Alzner? Im in.
I could see Weise+salary retention or low pick for Schlemko being a deal. Schlemko gets a fresh start elsewhere while the Habs get a good 4th liner who loves the Montresl spotlight, has speed and can play in a checking role. Weise appears more of a Julien player than Hudon and bumps Agostino out.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
It's still a little mind-boggling to me knowing that we are where we are with basically 3 defensemen who weren't exactly NHL regulars to begin the season.

Mete is obviously young and he's definitely had his struggles but he's been very impressive since his call up (playing with Papa Shea certainly helps of course).

But did anyone else expect Kulak and Reilly to become NHL regulars? Here are two guys unwanted by their respective teams and obviously the Habs did their player scouting. Reilly has been benched a few times as well. And I'm sure the coaching staff has worked with them. But man, the way the team's been playing, I don't see Mete, Kulak, or even Reilly not being in the lineup anytime soon.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
What's really crazy about this is it's been nearly 5 years since that trade. I remember the 2013-14 like it was yesterday. Man do I feel some old.

LOL..Yea..i remember many making fun of that trade (Dale who?) ..but he sure shut them up pretty fast....

Time sure moves by quick..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm positive Weise would be much better back in Montreal. I see no reason not to do the trade if the Flyers are willing to throw a pick in. Worst case scenario we send him down and he helps Laval as they desperately need offense.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Bergs has a real good team here. I wouldn't make any major transactions. Canadiens have good chemistry.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm positive Weise would be much better back in Montreal. I see no reason not to do the trade if the Flyers are willing to throw a pick in. Worst comes to worse, we send him down and he helps Laval as they desperately need offense.

So, Weise plus a 2nd? What do we throw their way?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think it would be a 3rd instead of a 2nd. Maybe something like Weise+3rd for Hudon.

I had thought of Hudon but then figured he had more value than Weise and would likely get claimed if he were waived. If we're taking on two years of Weise's overpaid contract and trading Hudon, I don't know, I'd want better than a 3rd. Is this unreasonable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad