The NHL Trade Discussion Thread Part II (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Erikssen + Seidenberg are being made available by Boston for future cap flexibility.

I would offer Jagr + Zidlicky for the two, even though Seidenberg has 3 seasons left on his contract.
We need a veteran defensive defenseman with Salvador not going to come back; and Harrold & Fraser not good enough. Seidenberg could be a steady partner that Severson needs given we don't want to split the current Greene-Larsson pairing.

Boston would probably ask for one of our top D prospects and a young forward in exchange.

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
signing Ryan Clowe, resigning Savador and Zubrus buying out Volchankov and letting Parisi go for nothing ....that's not Dedevastating and shortsighted ?

Are you serious? This board would not stop harping on how BADLY they wanted Volch gone at all costs and there was much celebration here when it was done.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Erikssen + Seidenberg are being made available by Boston for future cap flexibility.

I would offer Jagr + Zidlicky for the two, even though Seidenberg has 3 seasons left on his contract.
We need a veteran defensive defenseman with Salvador not going to come back; and Harrold & Fraser not good enough. Seidenberg could be a steady partner that Severson needs given we don't want to split the current Greene-Larsson pairing.

Eriksson would be a great addition, but his contract expires in 2016. Not sure I understand the point. I obviously would give them Jagr+Zid but I would think they would want one of our young defenseman which I won't trade.

We need a #1/2 C and a #1/2 RW. Henrique/Camm are the only top 6 forwards we have for next year.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
that Clowe contract is easily the worst in the league right now, what in the hell was Lou thinking

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
that Clowe contract is easily the worst in the league right now, what in the hell was Lou thinking

He was thinking that Clowe would be healthy or insurance would take care of his cap hit.

Looking back I have no idea why Lou thought he needed to give a 5 years deal. I don't understand how Greene can sign for 5 year 25 million and Clowe gets 5 year 24.25 million.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The only positive (if you could call it that) is that Clowe's problem is entirely injury related and he can be put on LTIR. Clarkson on the other hand the Leafs are pretty much stuck with.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He was thinking that Clowe would be healthy or insurance would take care of his cap hit.

Looking back I have no idea why Lou thought he needed to give a 5 years deal. I don't understand how Greene can sign for 5 year 25 million and Clowe gets 5 year 24.25 million.
I remember Clowe saying that the extra couple years was a big reason why he chose the Devils, so that's probably where that came in. I think that's also why Cammalleri got a 5 year deal. You either have to overpay in salary or term in free agency, and we've had to dip into the market too much in recent years.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I remember Clowe saying that the extra couple years was a big reason why he chose the Devils, so that's probably where that came in. I think that's also why Cammalleri got a 5 year deal. You either have to overpay in salary or term in free agency, and we've had to dip into the market too much in recent years.

Yea not sure why we had to make it a 5 year vs 3 years or even 4 year.

People think Camm at 5 year is a bad deal? .40 Goals per game is better than his career average. He averaged more Assists than Goals for his career so this year is only happening because of the crap he plays with today.

We would be worse than Car without Camm.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yea not sure why we had to make it a 5 year vs 3 years or even 4 year.

People think Camm at 5 year is a bad deal? .40 Goals per game is better than his career average. He averaged more Assists than Goals for his career so this year is only happening because of the crap he plays with today.

We would be worse than Car without Camm.

I'm not that worried about him. But when he starts declining, or keeps getting banged up, you know people will complain.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Eriksson would be a great addition, but his contract expires in 2016. Not sure I understand the point. I obviously would give them Jagr+Zid but I would think they would want one of our young defenseman which I won't trade.

We need a #1/2 C and a #1/2 RW. Henrique/Camm are the only top 6 forwards we have for next year.

I would be willing to part ways with one of our young d-men. With any young d-man there is a risk for both sides. They either improve or they end up stagnant in their progression. Gelinas could be the highest risk because he pretty much possesses all the raw skills for being a star defensemen but also looks like he could be the last of the young guys to find consistency in his game. Its just a question of whether he has the mind for the game. I would consider moving Gelinas just because I think he runs more of a risk of making no progress. Most of these other young defensemen are a little bit younger, and have shown much more consistency in their game so far. I by no means am giving up on Gelinas, but he would be the young D-man I'd consider moving for Eriksson. I don't know if Gelinas and Jagr would be the type of deal they are looking for though.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006

before his brain turned into a box of hungry jack clowe was an effective player, i have a feeling lou signed that thinking he will be bought out after 3-4 years or end up on LTIR.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
A healthy Ryan Clowe was a great thing to watch. But he never would have gotten to UFA if he was the same player.

Maybe Lou should've known better there, but I almost can't blame him.

NHL Fanatik*

Top 30 centers by divisions ((in no order) position labeled by NHL.com):

Atlantic: Bergeron, Krejci, Datsyuk, Plekanec, Stamkos, Johnson**
Metropolitan: E. Staal, Johansen, Tavares, Stepan, Giroux, Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
Pacific: Getzlaf, Kesler, Nugent-Hopkins, Carter, Kopitar, Couture, Thornton, Pavelski*, H. Sedin
Central: Toews, Duchene, Seguin, Spezza, Koivu, Backes, Stastny, Little

--- as of this post ---

* Pavelski is starred because it seems he does not play center as much, yet if we are going by NHL.com then he is in the top 30 for centermen.

** Johnson is double-starred because he was the 31st overall centerman, and if we do NOT include Pavelski, then he comes in at 30.

Thoughts on my rankings? Didn't know where else to put this. Although not making the top 30, I'd put Henrique before Zajac. Anyone care to agree with that? Or is it too soon to label Henrique better than Zajac?

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

I think that Bruins would want Zidlicky over Gelinas. Reason being that they are fighting for their playoff lives and would want a proven commodity than can be inserted to their lineup straight away compared to Gelinas whose game needs a lot of polishing.

And Bruins have a history of getting veteran dman at the deadline. Kaberle was a recent example from past years.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
A healthy Ryan Clowe was a great thing to watch. But he never would have gotten to UFA if he was the same player.

Maybe Lou should've known better there, but I almost can't blame him.

Can't blame him!? Clowe had 3 concussions in the same season before he got that deal. Anything over 1 year would have been bad and he gave him 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad