The New Jersey Devils : The pressure is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where do the New Jersey Devils finish?

• Win the division

• Top 3

• Wild Card team

• Miss the playoffs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Disappointing year to say the least, injuries to blame for that? Absolutely but we all know how the blame game works in this league, it doesn't.

The pressure is on this year more than ever, hockey fans in general are eager to see this team get going, as it's an exciting roster.

My question to you is where do you predict the Devils finish at the end of the 2025 season

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There’s a wide open spot in the top 3 in the division to go along with the Rangers and Canes. I think they take it.

Reactions: Coffees

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think Carolina is going to regress.
Rangers is the only obvious top 3 division team imo. So I voted top 3. I expect Pittsburgh to land the other divisional playoff spot

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
If they aren’t cursed with bad injury luck again, a divisional playoff spot should be the expectation. Making the playoffs and winning a round again would be a great success for the team this year. Anything more is above expectations and anything less than a strong playoff appearance is a disappointment. Have to prove 2024 was the fluke season.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I have them as battling with NYR for top in the Metro but slight edge to Rangers there.

Expect Carolina to be 3rd or WC 1 and then Washington and NYI battling for WC2.

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are a tier below in my opinion and then Columbus.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If they get Vezina form Markstrom, I think they win the President's trophy. Their Blueline is night and day better on paper, just hope they gel.

Reactions: xigon

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Depends on Nemec and Hughes on the blue line

Up front can Jack Hughes stay healthy?

How do they respond to Keef as a new coach?

I think they will be a play off team

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I expect all three of NYR, NJD, and CAR to fall in the 105-115 point range, much like 22-23. Whether that’s enough to win the division or not is as much a factor of the other teams’ play (and other than the head to head matches, beyond their control) as their own.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Top 3, but I could see them losing in the first round. Still a relatively untested team, but they have a fairly large Cup window ahead of them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Top 3 in the division would be a huge win for them

That should be the expectation. It's not a huge win.

Depends on Nemec and Hughes on the blue line

Up front can Jack Hughes stay healthy?

How do they respond to Keef as a new coach?

I think they will be a play off team

Nemec and Hughes were already top 4 caliber D last year. The issue wasn't them. It was Siegs and Marino sucking

Is the Top 3 in their division, conference or league? I think they could win their division. Markstrom should be a huge help, unless he melts down.

I think Keefe could end up mattering even more than Markstrom. I'm probably in the minority here but I think we could've made it last year even with the shoddy goaltending if we decided to move on from Lindy and promoted Brunette.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think they will find out soon enough that Markstrom isn’t as good as he used to be. They still have a very young D core and both Hamilton and Hughes are coming off big surgeries and are having a hard time staying healthy.

I’m guessing wild card with some good and bad moments.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think they will find out soon enough that Markstrom isn’t as good as he used to be. They still have a very young D core and both Hamilton and Hughes are coming off big surgeries and are having a hard time staying healthy.

I’m guessing wild card with some good and bad moments.
Based off your past predictions the Devils are going to be fighting for top of the division.:thumbu:

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Only things holding them back would be health. If Jack+Dougie stay healthy with the rest of the team I’ll pick them to win the division.

Reactions: Xirik and Coffees

Ad

Ad

Ad