Post-Game Talk: The Need For Chyt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do you call these polls anyway? Ah, The Three Stars.. whatever

• Hamotzi Bread Man

Votes: 93 93.0%
  • Alexey Lafrenyov

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Piles's Daddy Uncle V

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Khristian Rider

• Good Row

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a Nice Player

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Himothy Vesey

• Bill Cool

• REMPIRE

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Alex Wennberg

• Team First Line Center Mikah Zibaneyad

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Roslo

• Schneids

Votes: 46 46.0%
  • Team Captain Jacob Trouba

• A. Fox

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Ryan Lindgren

• Gus Tarball

• Miller Bozo

• Igor

Votes: 93 93.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Those blackstones look so cool. Post a pic of what you make so we can be jealous. :)
Didn't take a final pic. I ate and the hauled ass upstairs to watch the bolts/caps game and work on a paper for my MBA.

Attachments

• F4B6394A-7F9F-4ADF-858D-E4FEABC2E9A4.jpeg
    F4B6394A-7F9F-4ADF-858D-E4FEABC2E9A4.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 799A56C3-26D5-4E67-9D01-E2A4B6EF3D06.jpeg
    799A56C3-26D5-4E67-9D01-E2A4B6EF3D06.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 22F0950C-5E21-41E9-9DE4-4FAFA890A1ED.jpeg
    22F0950C-5E21-41E9-9DE4-4FAFA890A1ED.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 3

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The entire thing. No worries, that is why I was asking. :)

The Islanders had six powerplays. We were down a goal. There were a few reasons why Rempe had such low ice time.
:) :thumbu:
I like Rempe and the energy he brings. Just saying most playoff games will be close and is it better to have any player getting 5 minutes a game even if those minutes are pretty effective?
I mean I guess its better than the Stu Bickel situation but still I don't see Rempe playing anywhere near 10 min a game in the playoffs. Hope I am wrong.

Oh and regarding Schneider I have been a big fan even when many wanted him gone in a trade. Was just saying even when he makes a mistake he is able to cover it up with his decent skating.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
:) :thumbu:
I like Rempe and the energy he brings. Just saying most playoff games will be close and is it better to have any player getting 5 minutes a game even if those minutes are pretty effective?
I mean I guess its better than the Stu Bickel situation but still I don't see Rempe playing anywhere near 10 min a game in the playoffs. Hope I am wrong.
I think so. Rempe is a significantly better player than Bickel and isn't a defenseman. Rempe can be a game changer.

Goodrow, Rempe and Vesey effectively trapped Barzal's line in their zone for like 2 minutes. Teams have to prepare for him because he is so big, so strong.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think so. Rempe is a significantly better player than Bickel and isn't a defenseman. Rempe can be a game changer.

Goodrow, Rempe and Vesey effectively trapped Barzal's line in their zone for like 2 minutes. Teams have to prepare for him because he is so big, so strong.
Yep agreed. The fact he is a forward helps vs making the defense carry more load when another dman barely plays.
I wish we could have given Edstrom more of a chance. I still think he has a little better overall game.
Can't deny tho if Rempe is able to get his body on the dmen he could wear them down in a series.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yep agreed. The fact he is a forward helps vs making the defense carry more load when another dman barely plays.
I wish we could have given Edstrom more of a chance. I still think he has a little better overall game.
Can't deny tho if Rempe is able to get his body on the dmen he could wear them down in a series.
I think Edstrom gets a spot next year after Goodrow is bought out.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Watching the NHL app game replay - the crowd seemed so loud at the Panarin game-tieing goal that I could not hear the goal horn. ?!?! Shades of John Amarati.

PS Trochek’s SO goal made me bawl. Ngl.

Didn't take a final pic. I ate and the hauled ass upstairs to watch the bolts/caps game and work on a paper for my MBA.
Wayyyyy off topic but good luck on the MBA. Did my duty in the 90s, have to imagine it’s a billion times harder nowadays.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I’ll give them credit, they showed resiliency.

I think the team misses Jones’s ability to move the puck. They’ve been getting pinned A LOT. No reason Gustafsson should play over him.

Rempe should stay on the fourth line. His physicality and forechecking make that line go.

Chytil coming back for the playoffs would be huge. I don’t hate Wennberg, but he just doesn’t do anything offensively, and Kakko is kinda on his own on that line right now.

For what it’s worth I thought Mika played well.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Pretty much 5 minutes of time for Rempe. What is the point? Another Reaves in the playoffs?
Give Edstrom a game against Ottawa. He's a guy the coach will trust more and can still bang bodies. Better playoff option if Rempe is gonna play 4-5 minutes.

Schneider made a few mistakes today. Difference is he can actually recover unlike Trouba. Coach must continue to play him top 4 minutes ES and Trouba bottom pair minutes

Rempe should be playing more, in my opinion. Especially in these last couple games. I haven't watched him as closely, but he doesn't look like a defensive liability out there.

When I was at the Canadiens game last week, he was a difference maker in that he got the rest of the team to up their game and play more physically and with more intensity. Firing up the crowd as a meme-worthy attraction is one thing (and there were "We Want Rempe" chants), but when you can get the team going, that's an asset. Guessing that's the main reason he's in over Edstrom, who's a lot more vanilla.

Reaves-like with his ability to fight and land a big hit, sure, but Rempe can skate well and was getting himself some offensive looks. His line was more or less taking the defensive shift and then dumping for a change. He'd be flying in after the dump while the rest changed.

I'd see him staying in the bottom-6 with a bit of an upside if he can stay consistent and get a better read on the play. I guess a bit like Brian Boyle, maybe 20ish points, but I think he's a good enough skater and more physical than Boyle.

Unless coaching is seeing something I wasn't, he sure looks ready for more minutes, but since this game was close, guessing they were relying on the top-6.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
It is incredible. I have so much fun cooking on it. Smash burgers. Hibachi. Steaks. The best.

I do have almost every cooking device/appliance you can think of, short of a smoker and the blackstone is my favorite.
I have a traeger, it’s terrific for anything besides searing. As long as you like some wood/smoke/char flavor, which I do. Those Blackstone flat tops are great for searing.

• Love
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Watching the NHL app game replay - the crowd seemed so loud at the Panarin game-tieing goal that I could not hear the goal horn. ?!?! Shades of John Amarati.

PS Trochek’s SO goal made me bawl. Ngl.

Wayyyyy off topic but good luck on the MBA. Did my duty in the 90s, have to imagine it’s a billion times harder nowadays.
Thank you. I think it is harder in some ways and easier in others. Being able to do it online is a saving grace. As a Global Director, I'm currently supporting three different timezones: EST, Irish Standard Time, and India Standard Time.

Between 60+ hour work weeks (often 6 days a week), two young kids, and working three different zones, I would never be able to do it if I had to go for in-person classes. Fortunately, my company is paying for about 75% of it so that is nice.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I have a traeger, it’s terrific for anything besides searing. As long as you like some wood/smoke/char flavor, which I do. Those Blackstone flat tops are great for searing.
I'm taking us way off topic but.. I wanted one so bad. My wife doesn't love smoked stuff so I went with the Blackstone instead.

But yeah. I'm thinking of buying myself one as a graduation present next summer.

Reactions: mas0764

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
We’re done Monday and there are games through Thursday? Who made this schedule
I'm not complaining. Eastern teams finish on Wednesday, Western teams on Thursday. Eastern Conference playoffs start Saturday, Western Conference on Sunday. Rangers can use the extra days off to evaluate Chytil

I heard somewhere that Drury had a deal 99% done for another guy that fell thru at the last second. He then had to pivot to Ros. Obviously not Drury's first choice.
May have been Pacioretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad