OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
I grew up skiing in Vermont in the 70's, primarily at Bromley and Stratton. Did some cross country, sometimes on our own field(in Dorset, VT) or at the Viking Nordic Center.
love both bromley and stratton. i lived in sherburne (killington) so had season passes for pico for years. such an awesome time.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
No need for you to apologize, my friend. I was venting at the poor choice of words, the phrase, used by whoever wrote that article.
It's been a bad couple of months for me and today I find myself officially unemployed. Maybe I'll find and open that bottle of Johnny Walker Black stashed in the cabinet under the kitchen counter to sooth my nerves. Won't happen, but it is a thought.
Sorry to hear about your troubles friend, I've seen some too the last few years. I listen to this one often, helps put it in perspective.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Rod Stewart is an artist that's kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I don't like his later stuff, but the early albums of his career are enjoyable. Especially his 1971 breakthrough record Every Picture Tells a Story. As a folk rock album goes, it's enjoyable and does still hold up as a nice classic rock album of the early 1970s with upbeat and punchy songs. From the famous Maggie May to the cover of Bob Dylan's Tomorrow is a Long Time, as well as the title track, Every Picture Tells a Story has a good vibe to it that's a fun listen. The phrase "they don't make em like that anymore" gets overused to death, but given how folk rock and roots rock kind of fell into the background while modern country, something that I'm really not a fan of, has taken its place...it is kind of appropriate to say that albums like this don't get made anymore.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Sorry to hear about your troubles friend, I've seen some too the last few years. I listen to this one often, helps put it in perspective.

Thank you my friends

I don't normally write things about the difficulties in my life. I tend to be a very private person. And to air my troubles is totally out of character. A moment of flesh and self pitty, forgive me. I need to be better. I try to walk by faith and not by sight.

We are told to consider it all joy when we encounter various trials and tribulations knowing that the testing of our faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work that we may be mature and complete not lacking anything.

The birds; they do not sow or reap or store away, yet our heavenly Father provides for them. Are we not more valuable then they?

Over the years in my journey I have learned to see His hand of provision and protection in my life. I just try to take things one day at a time knowing that He has never let me go without.
In times when I have walked alone I have never been alone. And I realize I have escaped death so many time I know I am only living. And while I may struggle with the circumstances and sometimes heartache in my life I never lose sight of the belief In the things not seen, knowing my true reward is yet to come.

I know these current difficulties will resolve I just have to preserve through the storm and step into the light. As the saying goes ... one door closes another opens ... something to that effect.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Rod Stewart is an artist that's kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I don't like his later stuff, but the early albums of his career are enjoyable. Especially his 1971 breakthrough record Every Picture Tells a Story.

Every Picture Tells a Story and so does it's drummer who put down the drumsticks and picked up the law books so to get paid.

"
When Long John Baldry was asked “Whatever happened to Micky Waller?'” he responded. “Ah, yes, dear Micky. Well, Micky was so tired of being screwed by agents and managers that he became a lawyer so he could screw them right back.” in reference to the Old Bailey High Court ruling in his favour on royalties due to him by Rod Stewart. Micky was a powerful drummer, but a relatively reserved character, who made significant contributions to the UK rock and blues scene. Micky died in 2008. Heaven just recruited the best drummer in the world.

Rod and Micky in the band Steampacket

The Waller Wallop

Micky on drums, his dog on backup vocals

Reactions: Raleighfern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad