OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
I was sitting in a bar one afternoon in Saint John NB and a friend came in and casually mentioned that Johnny Cash was playing a show at the rink next door.

None of us were country fans in any way but for kicks we walked over and bought tickets for the show, really cheap don't quite remember 5 dollars or so. We walked right up to the front, sat on the floor and watched the show,

Marty Stuart was a band member, he was married to Cash's daughter at the time, which is what jogged my memory of this, Johnny Cash was good, kind of a laid back performance, but the star was June Carter Cash.

She carried the whole show. Unbelievable performer, professional in every way, constantly engaging the audience , which quite frankly was a rather small group of mostly seniors on a Saturday afternoon. She played multiple instruments, solos, duets, really really strong entertainer. I was quite frankly amazed at how high energy she was, dwarfing Johnny Cash really.

Anyway, i bet i haven't listened to maybe 3 country songs since but i never forgot that show.

Thanks for the Marty Stuart post kind of reminded me of a cool little memory from my past. :)

Everytime I see your Username I think of Clarence and Gene

Reactions: aguineapig72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad