Post-Game Talk: The more things change…

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think Skinner would've made the save on that shot towards the end where the puck came out from behind the net. Good for Pickard.

Our top unit PP needs to get their shit together.
It has been too common where Skinner sees the puck, seals the post, but just didn't seal it enough. Pickard threw everything he had to take every centimeter away

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
It has been too common where Skinner sees the puck, seals the post, but just didn't seal it enough. Pickard threw everything he had to take every centimeter away
I know Pickard’s career has been hanging by a thread for the last number of years, compared to Skinner being a fairly high-end young goalie, but Pickard’s athleticism and lateral mobility just make me feel way more confident when he’s in net. It’s not even close between the two in those aspects.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
McDavid gets hooked on the empty net try, but no call. Hard to take this league serious. Speaking of McDavid, he just doesn’t look right. Hope he’s not hurt. Nice win , hopefully Hyman and Nuge can finally climb on the wagon!
I have to disagree with you there. McDavid looked dangerous all night, and was almost back to his old self imo.

Perry and skinner were excellent again in this one. 5v5 the team was solid top to bottom imo. Best effort of the season pretty easily.

The PP needs to get in gear tho. Might be time to consider a personnel swap or two to try and get that engine going a bit, at least in the short term.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I have to disagree with you there. McDavid looked dangerous all night, and was almost back to his old self imo.

Perry and skinner were excellent again in this one. 5v5 the team was solid top to bottom imo. Best effort of the season pretty easily.

The PP needs to get in gear tho. Might be time to consider a personnel swap or two to try and get that engine going a bit, at least in the short term.
I don’t think you need to change personnel I just think you start playing the other unit a lot more. It shouldn’t be an automatic that they start every single pp.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Great game by Pickard. Skinner has fit in well. I liked Emberson tonight

We back baby
Thought it was our best goaltending game of the season by miles and Pickard often enough is the one putting these up. Shut down the most dangerous offensive club we've faced this season and on the road.

Some saves tonight Skinner doesn't get to.

Preds only mustered 9 sog in first half of game and that team looks like in a world of hurt. You're paying old Stamkos a ton of money and frankly he was invisible all game at EV. That won't be going down well. Preds in trouble.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Perry deserves some props too, really started all the chaos that caused our 2nd goal with that nice dangle from behind the net, +2 tonight.
I was puzzled at why they would sign him but it looks like it was a smart move. He still has a commanding presence on the ice --even as one of the oldest guys in the league. What can you say, goal scorers are born to be goal scorers.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Great win. Finally a game where we deserved to win wire-to-wire. Once the stars and 2nd tier stars (Hyman, Nuge) start really clicking, we're going to be even more dangerous. The bottom half of the lineup and the d-core are starting to play really well. We are close to having the whole lineup start popping off at once.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Arvidsson had some good plays, point blank chance net front early in the game, then set up Janmark for a partial break then had a shift where he hemmed Nashville's D in their own zone for a good long while, think it will come for him.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

I thought Mc-D played his best game of the season by a country mile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad