News Article: The money says that only Ottawa is a worse team...

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Makes sense. Only way we are better than bottom 3-5 is if a couple of young players do things they have never done and/or no one expects. Such as Mantha being a 40 goal scorer, Rasmussen battling for Calder, Hronek/Cholowski becoming top 4D immediately, etc.

Reactions: hkydave04

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
What do the prospects look like after Hughes? Are there any can't miss prospects in the 2-7 range? I'm perfectly fine with having a crap team if it means a shot at more top end talent. I will still watch every game because I'm crazy like that but I really hope they give the "kids" every shot at making the team.

Reactions: FMichael

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What do the prospects look like after Hughes? Are there any can't miss prospects in the 2-7 range? I'm perfectly fine with having a crap team if it means a shot at more top end talent. I will still watch every game because I'm crazy like that but I really hope they give the "kids" every shot at making the team.

kaapo kakko is expected to have pretty big year here in finland. next year will tell a lot since he has played at lower levels, not against men yet but he's utterly dominated at lower levels. (he's expected to slot on the same line as ilari filppula). a winger though.

alex turcotte
looked good in U18s but don't see him as can't miss prospect yet.

phillip broberg has been rising lately, but with him it's way too premature to put him as can't miss guy.

there are some others too but right now hughes looks like a can't miss prospect. things can change fast as laine was nowhere near one (imo fwiw) but was one by the end of the year.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
kaapo kakko is expected to have pretty big year here in finland. next year will tell a lot since he has played at lower levels, not against men yet but he's utterly dominated at lower levels. (he's expected to slot on the same line as ilari filppula). a winger though.

alex turcotte
looked good in U18s but don't see him as can't miss prospect yet.

phillip broberg has been rising lately, but with him it's way too premature to put him as can't miss guy.

there are some others too but right now hughes looks like a can't miss prospect. things can change fast as laine was nowhere near one (imo fwiw) but was one by the end of the year.
Add Vasili Podkolzin I think he has lottery potential.

Reactions: hkydave04

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Not a big fan of the term “can’t miss prospect”, but Cozens is a guy I’m a big fan of where I don’t really see any holes in his game.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Are you saying this article is fake news?

Hot and Ready Pizza is the best non-homemade pizza you can get at five bucks. I will fight you on that.
Are there any other products in that category to begin with? Being valedictorian of a class of 1 isn't exactly impressive by itself.

Unless that was a joke that flew right over my head. :bee::booboo:

Reactions: 21 Savage

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Are there any other products in that category to begin with? Being valedictorian of a class of 1 isn't exactly impressive by itself.

Unless that was a joke that flew right over my head. :bee::booboo:
I just really like those pizzas and I think they get a bad rap for being "bad" when they are just perfectly adequate pizzas that are super affordable and magically have maintained the low price over many years.

Reactions: Winger98

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I just really like those pizzas and I think they get a bad rap for being "bad" when they are just perfectly adequate pizzas that are super affordable and magically have maintained the low price over many years.

I don't know what the margins are now, but I worked for LC for 5 years(before and after the hot-n-sweaty).The margin on profit was $2.50 on each hot-n-ready, from what I was told by a director.

Part of that comes from Blueline.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Yeah, I don't get the hate on those things. I think Little Caesars gets a lot of undeserved flak as a whole. It's like it's popular to give a bunch of crap on something that is affordable and decent.

edit: does anyone else around here actually remember the Pizza Pizza box from the 80s? Those things were awesome.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Because they have zero nutritional value.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I buy one for my kids from time to time, because they're so cheap, but with all the great pizza options in Michigan, I can't think of one that doesn't taste noticeably better than Little Caesars.

It's like White Castle or Taco Bell. You can save some money and get the bottom of the barrel, or you can spend more on a higher end product, but it's a matter of personal priorities.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I buy one for my kids from time to time, because they're so cheap, but with all the great pizza options in Michigan, I can't think of one that doesn't taste noticeably better than Little Caesars.

It's like White Castle or Taco Bell. You can save some money and get the bottom of the barrel, or you can spend more on a higher end product, but it's a matter of personal priorities.

what's wrong with White Castle and Taco Bell?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
what's wrong with White Castle and Taco Bell?
Haha... Again, nothing, if that's what you're after. But a higher end burger or taco costs more for a reason, so do what you like.

I just personally don't really like the taste of a Hot and Ready, when compared to any of Buscemis/Hungry Howie's/Domino's/Jet's/other, let alone versus a real oven fired or deep dish pie.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It’s not that hard to believe I would rather have their roster over ours actually.
Here’s a top 9 projection by a Sabres fan from their subforum:

Sheary-Eichel-Skinner
Wilson-Reinhart-Mittelstadt
Rodriguez-Berglund-Okposo

This is not a great forward group. Add in that their starting goalie is a soon-to-be 33 year-old career backup. Buffalo is going to be a bottom five team again next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad