Movies: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (Apr 19, 2024)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What are the odds that the team's deadly female member would also be a flawless beauty?

Never change, Hollywood!

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
looks like QT Bastard movie from a few years ago. Supposedly based on a true story. But when you hear a Queen song playing in the back ground? Good chance 99% is BS

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah, and the poor ladies and gay dudes are forced to endure the absolutely hideous Henry Cavill and the vomit-inducing Alan Ritchson.

Hollywood double standards again!

Right? Get with the times Hollywood, like all those out of shape and unattractive actors that got to play James Bond...oh wait
I said 'flawless beauty'

Cavill and Ritchson are attractive guys, but neither have perfect facial features

Cavill's nose, for example, is a bit of a mess

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What's wrong with that?
Half her job was to be appealing enough to distract and seduce the enemy leader.

You don't do that with an unattractive woman.
Right, but that should be about sex appeal, not just outright attractiveness

Eiza Gonzalez is a flawless beauty, but there are plenty of women who are less conventionally attractive who I would consider sexier

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
LOL, ok.

And I thought women had impossible beauty standards.
So, we're taking personal shots now?

Sorry, I didn't realize Cavill was your Hollywood crush...

Props to you for seing past his deformities! God nose I couldn't do it...
henry-cavill-superman-justice-league-moustache-cgi.jpg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What are the odds that the team's deadly female member would also be a flawless beauty?

Never change, Hollywood!

flag on the play --here is the thing. Go through history. Mata Hari, Krystyna Skarbek, Vera Maria Rosenberg (there is a massive Canadian connection there) and there is a very long list of Flawless Beauty's who worked government agencies since ancient Egyptian days to cause trouble and gather information. The Russians mastered the cause in ww2. Men our dogs who are controlled by beauty.

Here are some old articles on the subject

all of them were Black Widows

Reactions: Neutrinos

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Right, but that should be about sex appeal, not just outright attractiveness

Eiza Gonzalez is a flawless beauty, but there are plenty of women who are less conventionally attractive who I would consider sexier
*shrugs

I guess you would need to give me some examples of actresses you were considering better for this role and I could compare.

Keeping in mind the actress role in the movie was to seduce the nazi leader, so she HAS to be, well, pretty conventionally attractive, or the dude wouldn't look at her. He's a boss in his spot and gets his pick of the litter so he isn't going to just chase after anything below his standards

I'd rather Hollywood keep Hollywooding. Appeals to my taste and they want to appeal to the maximum number of viewers. Not the smaller segment who want unconventional looking.

My wife and daughters wanted to see Henry Cavill and Alan Ritchson, 2 paragons of conventional attractive males and it was the number one and only reason as they just don't like Guy Ritchie movies usually. It sells better

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil and Mrfenn92

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I said 'flawless beauty'

Cavill and Ritchson are attractive guys, but neither have perfect facial features

Cavill's nose, for example, is a bit of a mess
Cavill is almost universally heralded as one of the most attractive actors by women and has been for a decade, and Ritchson, well, the Jack Reacher show, which was targeting a primarily "dad TV" audiences surprised everyone with its 42% female viewership. It's centered around a male character who is a larger than life beat em up, smarter than everyone, chiseled from granite, always rescues the damsel and then sleeps with her and leaves.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cavill is almost universally heralded as one of the most attractive actors by women and has been for a decade, and Ritchson, well, the Jack Reacher show, which was targeting a primarily "dad TV" audiences surprised everyone with its 42% female viewership. It's centered around a male character who is a larger than life beat em up, smarter than everyone, chiseled from granite, always rescues the damsel and then sleeps with her and leaves.
The appeal of Cavill and Ritchson has a lot to do with their physiques

If they weren't ripped liked superheroes, they wouldn't be getting the same attention from the lay-dees...

But just in terms of their facial structure and features, neither is close to being a perfect 10

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

If they weren't ripped liked superheroes, they wouldn't be getting the same attention from the lay-dees...

But just in terms of their facial structure and features, neither is close to being a perfect 10
Shocking. Bodytype is the general point of conventional attraction for most people, including....what we were discussing before

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I love Guy Ritchie and I love only somewhat historically accurate war films with ensemble casts so this hit all my marks. Wish they figured out a better title.

Reactions: 67 others

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022

So you'd have preferred, say, Jon Hamm with sidekick Matt Bomer in this? Handsome fellas but not sure either has the physique to pull off what they were going for.

Reactions: 67 others

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
flag on the play --here is the thing. Go through history. Mata Hari, Krystyna Skarbek, Vera Maria Rosenberg (there is a massive Canadian connection there) and there is a very long list of Flawless Beauty's who worked government agencies since ancient Egyptian days to cause trouble and gather information. The Russians mastered the cause in ww2. Men our dogs who are controlled by beauty.

Here are some old articles on the subject

all of them were Black Widows
Admittedly, I've yet to see the film, so if her role is limited to spiking drinks and stealing files, I'll stand corrected...

But I'm guessing her character is likely an expert marksman, deadly hand-to-hand combatant, proficient with knives and explosives, and likely knows how to operate a plane and/or helicopter

The point being, there's a difference between what a spy does, and what secret ops do...

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Admittedly, I've yet to see the film, so if her role is limited to spiking drinks and stealing files, I'll stand corrected...

But I'm guessing her character is likely an expert marksman, deadly hand-to-hand combatant, proficient with knives and explosives, and likely knows how to operate a plane and/or helicopter

The point being, there's a difference between what a spy does, and what secret ops do...

I am a super geeky with history. I have read a lot of books on spies both men and women and the training they got. There are several books on just how crazy the British and Russian went to train their female spies. I have not found many books that suggest the Americans went to the same lengths that the Russians and British did to "train" their female spies. There is a line blurred in just to what lengths spies went to from about 1910 to 1945. You are referring to modern times. But back in the strange old days, female spies did both.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7