The Menu Part 15 The Pat Falloooon / Tripod food winning edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Like I said, I also got the chicken and shrimp version yesterday to eat for lunch today. (I took this pic)

Obviously the avocado got a little brown overnight, but otherwise it's like new.

f43c2bea55930083ba4dd8d491bce797.jpg

My overall thoughts on the two are that they're good and I could understand why people would really like them, but they're not really my thing. I'm not a big sushi guy or a big seafood guy, so this isn't really up my alley. The large mound of cold rice is also a little off-putting. But again, if you're into this kind of stuff, it's fresh, healthy, and good quality.
I just left Hawaii after living there for ten years and let me tell you that neither of these abominations are poke bowls. They both look like something that dick Jamie Oliver would pass off as one, but I assure they are nothing alike. They should also be eaten immediately, as there is a synergy between the cold fish and fresh, hot rice that is amazing.

There's an unlimited amount of ways to make poke, but the stars of the show should always be fish (shellfish is also acceptable) and rice, in that order. Whoever sold that to you should be ashamed of themselves.

Here is how they should look:

10POKE1-articleLarge.jpg

IMG_1264-1050x788.jpg
PokeShops-3.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just left Hawaii after living there for ten years and let me tell you that neither of these abominations are poke bowls. They both look like something that dick Jamie Oliver would pass off as one, but I assure they are nothing alike. They should also be eaten immediately, as there is a synergy between the cold fish and fresh, hot rice that is amazing.

There's an unlimited amount of ways to make poke, but the stars of the show should always be fish (shellfish is also acceptable) and rice, in that order. Whoever sold that to you should be ashamed of themselves.

10POKE1-articleLarge.jpg

IMG_1264-1050x788.jpg
PokeShops-3.jpg
I've been tricked. :laugh:

But yeah, I know this isn't exactly the real thing, but it's the closest thing I've got near me. Maybe one day I'll try a legit poke bowl.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Just watching the TV show Card Sharks. The question was:

How many Americans out of 100 say a hotdog IS a sandwich?

One of the contestants said they had a 1 hour debate in college about this, and guessed 70/100 said yes.

Real answer....was 35.

To the 30 who said no, bravo you can hand them a degree. To the 70 dopes who said yes.

Expell them all

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

10POKE1-articleLarge.jpg

IMG_1264-1050x788.jpg
PokeShops-3.jpg

First thing my wife and I had when we got there on out honeymoon. Wasn't particularly intentional, but we needed food, and they looked good. Did not disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad