OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Basé. I lol'd at the West island on the map, of COURSE.
You know, I really don't blame immigrants, French is hard to learn and they have to work to feed their family and stuff, and we know their children will learn it anyway by going to french school because of loi 101. I see it all the time when I substitute all over the city, the parents barely speak english and no french but their kids are fluent.

What annoys me though is priviledged people who live here for decades and cant be bothered to learn basic, street-level French.
I'll never blame anyone for being part of the system to be fair. If they asked me what I think I'll tell them they're lazy and entitled though. I do it all the time at work.

Reactions: overlords and Toene

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Speaking of… I’m looking to practice my French and was wondering if anyone could recommend a francophone hockey message board? Or if there’s
a thread on HF where French discussion is permitted? Thank you!
On facebook there are many groups who talk hockey in french. They don't analyse long posts, mostly it's short, in bad french writing. You can try Rene Latulipe jr, he seems like a very nice guy, family oriented dad. He have a fan club of Suzuki and others.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not sure where to post this so anyway ...

1. The best way to get rid of fruit flies is to not eat any fruits.

I have some health problem so could not travel this year so i decided it was the perfect time to have a Kevin Spacey mid life crysis and buy hockey cards just for fun. So instead of travelling this year i bought couple of hobby box just for the fun of openning packs again for the first time in about 30 years since this was one of my favorite thing to do when i was young. I know ... i know ... kind of pathetic ... Anyway so long story short or short story long at this point i'm not sure but i got a few cool cards i'd like to maybe get graded. I'm obviously not a heavy card collector (and not a speculator did not buy those cards to make money i'm not stupid) so i know nothing about how it works.

Anyone here is familiar with that and could give me a few tips? I'm not sure about sending cards by mail. I mean when i was young there was so many fakes and scams in the business i'm like i gonna send my cards by mail to someone i don't know and i have to trust the process ... one of the card is a Matty Berniers Debut Ticket Access 1 of 1 not sure how much it's worth but i guess it's the kind of card you can get scammed for? I have a couple of other lesser cards like Guhle pageantry signed, Xhekaj rookie signed, Kaprisov rookie sp gold, Xhekaj sp rookie memorabilia, ...

Kind of want to get them graded just for fun to display on my shelves with my board games but really not sure about the whole thing i'm afraid to get scammed or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad