The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Man I was already excited whenever I thought about it but I made my preorder today and that’s when it really hit me how close we are to release, haven’t been this excited for a game since RDR2 came out

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
need to finish Hyrule Castle and 18 Shrines on BOTW...but I will pick-up this game later on. Look f***ing amazing.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The reviews are like 10s across the board. 96% on metacritic with 80+ reviews.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I’m going to hold off on this game for a bit. The weather is getting so nice and it’s going to be a busy summer in general. I’m not ready to be cooped up inside chasing down Korok seeds yet

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I love that on the day I find out I can play this at 9pst like most releases, and I remember I can preload the game, the internet in my house goes down all day 👌

So much for my arguments in favor of digital copies

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The IGN review made the game look spectacular. There's apparently a HUGE underground area the size of Hyrule and the person in the video said TOTK makes BOTW look like a demo in comparison (or something of that ilk). Lots of enemy variety and 100 ways to solve the various problems you'll encounter.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The IGN review made the game look spectacular. There's apparently a HUGE underground area the size of Hyrule and the person in the video said TOTK makes BOTW look like a demo in comparison (or something of that ilk). Lots of enemy variety and 100 ways to solve the various problems you'll encounter.
Outside of maybe some performance issues (expected on a Switch at this point), it sounds like barring something ridiculous it will run away with GOTY. Props to Nintendo and their internal teams, they know how to make a great game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Outside of maybe some performance issues (expected on a Switch at this point), it sounds like barring something ridiculous it will run away with GOTY. Props to Nintendo and their internal teams, they know how to make a great game.
Yup I can't imagine another game coming down the line to dethrone it. Performance wise he said it performs like BOTW does on the Switch with some stuttering every now and then. Which is fine. I loved the art style and never caught myself wishing it had a more modern appearance. You can dive off one of the sky islands, fall all the way down to hyrule, and keep falling all the way down into the cave of the underworld without any loading screens either which I thought was really cool. Oh and the review also mentioned this new crafting system assuages some of the weapon durability concerns that was a common complaint.

I should not expect this but I would appreciate a more difficult fighting mode at some point that isn't what they gave us in Master Mode. Other than that completely geeked. We'll see how long I can go without playing it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yup I can't imagine another game coming down the line to dethrone it. Performance wise he said it performs like BOTW does on the Switch with some stuttering every now and then. Which is fine. I loved the art style and never caught myself wishing it had a more modern appearance. You can dive off one of the sky islands, fall all the way down to hyrule, and keep falling all the way down into the cave of the underworld without any loading screens either which I thought was really cool. Oh and the review also mentioned this new crafting system assuages some of the weapon durability concerns that was a common complaint.

I should not expect this but I would appreciate a more difficult fighting mode at some point that isn't what they gave us in Master Mode. Other than that completely geeked. We'll see how long I can go without playing it.
I don't think it will be "my GOTY" like Elden Ring wasn't, but I will completely understand why. It looks like unreal game design. The amount of people I've seen hyped for this game I never even knew were into gaming from my social accounts is great to see. Nintendo knows how to make a great game (now get me my sequel to Mario Odyssey).

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think it will be "my GOTY" like Elden Ring wasn't, but I will completely understand why. It looks like unreal game design. The amount of people I've seen hyped for this game I never even knew were into gaming from my social accounts is great to see. Nintendo knows how to make a great game (now get me my sequel to Mario Odyssey).
To each their own for sure. What was your GOTY last year then if not ER?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
To each their own for sure. What was your GOTY last year then if not ER?
God of War: Ragnarok. Elden Ring and those style of games make me on the verge of throwing a controller through a screen, but I def appreciate their innovation and contribution to gaming. Just like I can respect Oscar winners even if I didn't enjoy them the most that year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
God of War: Ragnarok. Elden Ring and those style of games make me on the verge of throwing a controller through a screen, but I def appreciate their innovation and contribution to gaming. Just like I can respect Oscar winners even if I didn't enjoy them the most that year.
Was that you posting about Elden Ring a month or two ago? Think you were saying you were trying to get into it wasn't for you. I think i told you to stick with it! Still stand by that dude, once you get over the difficulty hump it's an incredible time. Stick with it! You'll look back on where you are now and laugh because you're 1) so much better than where you were then and 2) still going to get your ass kicked until the very end :laugh:

I was hoping TOTK would have a fighting style similar to Elden Ring because i loved it so much. The combat in BOTW gets real easy real quickly so it'd be nice if they had a "One True Link" mode or something IMHO

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Was that you posting about Elden Ring a month or two ago? Think you were saying you were trying to get into it wasn't for you. I think i told you to stick with it! Still stand by that dude, once you get over the difficulty hump it's an incredible time. Stick with it! You'll look back on where you are now and laugh because you're 1) so much better than where you were then and 2) still going to get your ass kicked until the very end :laugh:

I was hoping TOTK would have a fighting style similar to Elden Ring because i loved it so much. The combat in BOTW gets real easy real quickly so it'd be nice if they had a "One True Link" mode or something IMHO
Haha, naw. I probably have posted very little about Elden Ring, and never seriously played it (I have given Blooddorne and Seikiro shots at capturing my heart). They are all great and innovative games but not what I'm personally looking for, I'll go back and give them a shot, but I personally don't think I have the temperment for them.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This game is absolutely insane with the sheer amount of resources, combinations and mechanics it presents you.

From as basic to "hehe put ronk on stick" to super complex stuff. I'm not even off the tutorial island yet and i am amazed.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad