The kids are alright! Montreal Bulldogs win 3-1

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The only way Price could improve on last season would be to stay healthy.

Disagreed. His movement seems better as well as his reflexes.
Price didn't peak last year. I feel he'll be raising the bar this year.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Welcome to the BIG leagues Nate!.... again... ....just come inside...

18q8bsz7pwuibjpg.jpg

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Is Emelin going to be a ****estorm magnet for PK?
He's not very well liked when he's on his game...

Meh, Subban thrives off of that so if its the case it's a good thing.

He'll be all like "good, good... let the rustling flow through your jimmies".

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Carey Price looks a lot better than last season, it's going to be a fun season. I honestly expect him to be in the top 3 in all goalie categories. I know it's just pre season but he's playing amazing and more confident than ever

Carey Price got a giant monkey off his back last year. Probably just spent his first summer without being the talk of the town.....and criticize on his "mental toughness" for his PO resume.

Gold medal at the Olympic (Best Goaltender of the tournament)
Eastern conference final (Won game 6 and game 7 over Boston)

Price start this season in a whole new state of mind, a lot less pressure this year. Should be fun. Already is.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I feel like I'm the only one who thought Tinordi had a fine game. At least, much better than anything he had done yet at camp.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I agree with your assessment.

Beaulieu should be on the team. Of the young D men he has been the best. Drewiske has vastly improved from the d-man we saw a couple of years ago. He plays within his limits and plays well. Too bad he has the shot of a peewee female defenceman.

Pateryn seems to be a victim of the numbers game and Tinordi needs a little more time.

Dietz needs a couple of years in Hamilton although he has really surprised me with his skill set.

Bouillon can move to Hamilton or to the front office but he can't play on this team any longer.

Enough D in Hamilton, Drewiske has outplayed him, let Bouillon go to Switzerland.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I didn't like Drewiske, he seems uninterested, he plays a bit like Bouillon as he relies too much on his partner to make the right play. Remember how Subban was bad when he was paired with Bou? He had to do everything on the ice cause Bouillon wasn't taking any of the workload. Pateryn and Tinordi will make mistakes but they take responsabilities on the ice.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I feel like I'm the only one who thought Tinordi had a fine game. At least, much better than anything he had done yet at camp.

I agree. Tinordi has far more foot speed than most here want to acknowledge. He can skate the puck out of danger and 'close the gap' on attacking players better than most of the team's other defencemen. He's a large, looming presence on the defence that many opposing forwards hate to play against. In those tough, unfriendly arenas, it will be good to have Tinordi's presence on the ice to protect our skill players. As for his propensity of making errors on the ice, I would be far more nervous about Gilbert's history of being a 'cough up machine'.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I thought he was good...Dietz I thought was the Habs worst Dman last night

But it seems like people have it in for Tinordi for some reason

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I thought he was good...Dietz I thought was the Habs worst Dman last night

But it seems like people have it in for Tinordi for some reason

Tinordi put his team in bad situations more than once.
He's done some super things over the past two games but unless he cleans up those mistakes sorry Charlie...

No way MB/MT keeping him as a 7th which is the best he can hope for.
I've tried every argument to convince myself we need his Bang but in the end the logic fails me.
We won't be able to get him in enough games playing the way he is. sigh

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He's done some super things over the past two games but unless he cleans up those mistakes sorry Charlie...

I've tried every argument to convince myself we need his Bang but in the end the logic fails me.

It's a good news/bad news thing with Tinordi. He isn't Hal Gill so he tries to do stuff out there and this is the NHL not AHL so at times he gets caught. I think part of it is adjusting to faster game and part of it is realizing what he can do in the NHL and what he can't.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Deitz, Thrower & Drewiske are far better than any other Dmen and should make up the 1st pairing, Thrower after he loses 30 lbs. and comes back from his ankle injury. Should be a real standout.:shakehead I'm learning so much about Dmen here maybe I should stop watching hockey and just take everything verbatim from the posts here.

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
Really? The guy has shown brilliant flashes in every game he's played. He plays big, rather agile and fast for his size, plays with lots of confidence too. Looks like he belongs in the NHL to me.

I'm a Habs fan that is thoroughly content just reading people's opinions on this board, with really no desire to post anything myself - hence, my lack of posts.

However, I feel compelled to respond to all this relentless praise for Sekac.

Last night was his FIRST true test of his abilities to adapt to the NHL game
And he failed miserably.

That Hawks line-up he was up against last night was perhaps the most elite hockey talent he's ever faced in his young pro career. He was ineffective and pretty much a non-factor all night. His skating was choppy and seemed overwhelmed when the Hawks had a good cycle going. He got beat and lost possession to the pinching Hawks D-Men a half dozen times throughout the game. Yes, he came off the bench, picked up a nice feed and let go a howitzer during one play but that was really it.

So, it was no surprise when MT pulled him off that first line to start the 3rd period
and replaced him with Thomas who managed to generate more chemistry on that 1st line with one shift than Sekac did the previous two periods combined. By the way, Thomas' behind the net feed to Bourque that led to the Habs first goal was a beauty.

MB has laid the red carpet out for Sekac since day one. And to make things even easier, MT has pretty much started him on a line with NHL vets for every single pre-season match, thus far. But at some point, the leash is gonna tighten and there will be expectations from Sekac. But, unfortunately, for 6'2" Sekac, when the stage gets bigger, he plays smaller. Reports out of the KHL say that he disappeared during last season's KHL play-off run - look no further than his 1 goal in 21 play-off games for proof.

Watching Sekac play last night proved that he is an NHL prospect, and not (yet) an NHL player.....and prospects stand to gain more by playing in the AHL.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

It's preseason...I think you keep both Beaulieu and Tinordi IMO

It's crucial, IMO, that both of these players are playing regularly by the time the playoffs come.

When I look at Tinordi play, he looks like a guy who needs reps...he needs to play, he needs to work through his mistakes and get up to speed. Even if it's as the 7th dman playing the odd game, just the benefit of practicing with NHL players would be huge for him.

I also think he's confused by what he's supposed to do...people want him to be physical and run guys through the boards, but they also want him to play strong positional hockey. I think he's having trouble blending those 2 things together at the moment.

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I disagree with keeping both Tinordi and Beaulieu up at the same time as one of the two will inevitably be sitting out most of the time.

You're saying yourself that Tinordi needs reps... Thus keeping him on the sideline with the Habs won't benefit him much.

I'd send Tinner back to Hamilton and call him up in case of injury. I rather keep Drewiske as a 7th D right now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's preseason...I think you keep both Beaulieu and Tinordi IMO

It's crucial, IMO, that both of these players are playing regularly by the time the playoffs come.

When I look at Tinordi play, he looks like a guy who needs reps...he needs to play, he needs to work through his mistakes and get up to speed. Even if it's as the 7th dman playing the odd game, just the benefit of practicing with NHL players would be huge for him.

I also think he's confused by what he's supposed to do...people want him to be physical and run guys through the boards, but they also want him to play strong positional hockey. I think he's having trouble blending those 2 things together at the moment.

I was exactly where you are with my train of thought two days ago...
We need him but at what cost?
With our tight schedule in Oct we will need legs up front.
Otherwise I'm for having 8D (one super sitter) other than Cube :help:
MT couldn't resist the temptation. :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I disagree with keeping both Tinordi and Beaulieu up at the same time as one of the two will inevitably be sitting out most of the time.

You're saying yourself that Tinordi needs reps... Thus keeping him on the sideline with the Habs won't benefit him much.

I'd send Tinner back to Hamilton and call him up in case of injury. I rather keep Drewiske as a 7th D right now.

There's still a lot to be gained by practicing with NHL players every day...furthermore, as good as Beaulieu has looked, it wouldn't hurt to have someone behind him pushing him to perform every game.

But you're right...they're probably going to send Tinordi & Pateryn down and keep Drewiskie (who's looked very solid IMO) as the 7th dman.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was exactly where you are with my train of thought two days ago...
We need him but at what cost?
With our tight schedule in Oct we will need legs up front.
Otherwise I'm for having 8D (one super sitter) other than Cube :help:
MT couldn't resist the temptation. :laugh:

I really can't envision a scenario where Bouillon makes this team...if they just want to keep a veteran NHL dman as the 7th dman, they can just keep Drewiskie, who's had a much better camp than Bouillon.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't want Tinordi as a #7, he needs to play. He hasn't done much to show that he deserves the #6 spot. He's made some nice plays, but they always occur in a context of errors. He is doing too much out there, he makes bad pinches, bad outlets and bad reads. He's trying to be something he's not. I've seen him rush the puck too many times. He needs to work on simplifying his game and focusing on his strengths. Too many times he's gone out of his way to make a hit and put himself out of position or creating an oddman rush by consequence.

Seems like he's trying to be a bruiser and a puckmover at the same time. He doesn't really have the skill outside of his skating ability to be the latter. He's one of my favorite prospects, but he's looked bad this pre-season, almost like he's regressing. He needs to focus on his positioning, board play and decision making. He's not going to be a puck-moving D-man, he doesn't have to look for a breakaway outlet pass to be effective. He has to cut the stretch passes as they have been largely unsuccessful and rely on simpler plays for the moment. The Canadiens have more than enough puck movers to compensate for Tinordi playing a more meat and potatoes game.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really can't envision a scenario where Bouillon makes this team...if they just want to keep a veteran NHL dman as the 7th dman, they can just keep Drewiskie, who's had a much better camp than Bouillon.

Buddy I'm with you.
He has a certain media network who are convinced one more start is all he needs to clinch.
Suffice it to say I'm not dancing just yet.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't want Tinordi as a #7, he needs to play. He hasn't done much to show that he deserves the #6 spot. He's made some nice plays, but they always occur in a context of errors. He is doing too much out there, he makes bad pinches, bad outlets and bad reads. He's trying to be something he's not. I've seen him rush the puck too many times. He needs to work on simplifying his game and focusing on his strengths.

Seems like he's trying to be a bruiser and a puckmover at the same time. He doesn't really have the skill outside of his skating ability to be the latter. He's one of my favorite prospects, but he's looked bad this pre-season, almost like he's regressing.

He has totally regressed. We have already guessed why.
The RyJo turover and subsequent demotion with not a second of NHL playing time since.
I was furious for the way that was handled. Demotion sure... but get him back up on the bike first.
Now he plays the puck like it's a hand grenade likely to go off any second now.

Last edited:

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
He has totally regressed and we guessed why RyJo turover/demotion never a sec. of NHL play since.
I was furious for the way that was handled demotion sure but get him back up on tbe bike first.
Now he plays the puck like it's a hand grenade likely to go off any second now.

What language is this?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Tinordi and others are regressing maybe it's time for the Habs to look into what the coaching staff at Hamilton are doing if players playing there aren't improving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad