The Kessel Trade (redux)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
What’s ludicrous is saying he’s a horrible hockey player.

The guy was a hair away from winning the Conn Smythe and is a near PPG playoff performer on multiple teams....

He can skate fast, has a great shot and is a good passer. He has those strengths. As a "player" he is horrible. He does nothing else at an NHL level.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
He can skate fast, has a great shot and is a good passer. He has those strengths. As a "player" he is horrible. He does nothing else at an NHL level.

What are you talking about?

He scores at an elite level. If he was as horrible as you say there's no chance he'd still be playing at his age. But not only is he playing he's producing at an elite level.

If the same human being can skate well, has a great shot, and is a good passer....he can't be a horrible hockey player.

If he was horrible he wouldn't be coming off a 90 point season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

You can’t be one of the top offensive players in the league and be horrible.

He’s bad defensively, that’s it. You’re being way too extreme here.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
What are you talking about?

He scores at an elite level. If he was as horrible as you say there's no chance he'd still be playing at his age. But not only is he playing he's producing at an elite level.

If the same human being can skate well, has a great shot, and is a good passer....he can't be a horrible hockey player.

If he was horrible he wouldn't be coming off a 90 point season.

You can grade players the way you want to and I will do the same. What I won't do is resort to name calling like you. Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
so whose line would Kessel be on if he was here?
  • Matthews
  • Tavares
  • Kadri

Its an interesting question. Probably Tavares and keep Marner with Kadri.

Tavares would be able to offset Kessels defensive lapses and in turn Kessel would give JT tons of options in the offensive zone.

RickyVaive

Jul 6, 2013
As a fan of 40 years, those Kessel-Phaneuf years were my least favourite as a Leaf fan. Those teams were just so unlikeable. There were only a few players from those years I really liked (Rielly, Kadri, Komarov, Reimer). I was so happy when the two of them were traded away. The fact that we got Kapanen and Anderson back was awesome. Obviously Kessel is good at hockey, he just sucks at being a leader and team player.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Knowing Phil Kessel isn't a bad hockey player has nothing to do with the revolution of the planet.

You grade players the way you want and I will do the same. Has nothing to with anything else. You feel the urge to blab about something that has nothing to do with anything other then your personal opinion on something. Grow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad