"The Insider" Jon Rosen no longer with the Kings

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
This means the next bit of programming you will see from the LA King swill be 7:30PM of the next opening night. If you want information about the Kings you will have to come to this site and others because the Kings are not interested in promoting their product.
Not true. I'm sure there will be Bark Madness: The extended Offseason edition.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wow. I hope he wanted to leave himself.

He was very candid and solid in regards to the team. Not as much dumb fluff articles that would infuriate me in the past.

Nail on the head with his critiques.

Kick to the balls.

Reactions: Faterson

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Rosen did occasional on-the-air segments for both the Kings and The NHL Network.

Typically if you're on TV you're getting a pretty decent paycheck. I think his salary was significantly more than 80K.

I used to have some mutual acquaintances with Alex Curry through her boyfriend (now husband). This was around the time she started doing stuff for the Angels. I don't know how much she was making, but it was clear that she was doing pretty well for herself. I'd guess that Rosen's salary wasn't that different from hers, although I think she was working for Fox, not the Angels.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If the direction the broadcasts have taken is any hint, I'm afraid the head honchos in marketing want to place more emphasis on fluff and less on the actual product itself. At least that's how I see it with all the social media garbage that fills up the pregame and intermission segments.

Oh how I yearn for '"Serious Hockey."

Pride = Passion = Power

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Pride = Passion = Power

1dc32f5b16a7a193ee5ce04320159bb7.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I avoid HF boards a lot and cringe at Kings news.

I want hockey back. I don't care about stupid fluff pieces or projections of the team in the future.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
If the direction the broadcasts have taken is any hint, I'm afraid the head honchos in marketing want to place more emphasis on fluff and less on the actual product itself. At least that's how I see it with all the social media garbage that fills up the pregame and intermission segments.

I definitely think the team has made an effort to try and minimize the fact that the team has been shit. I think Fox mentioned on a broadcast once that he'll stop making puns once the team starts winning again. Says it all right there. I'm not worried about the team pumping themselves at the moment because we are getting better, I just want accountability.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The best way to watch a Kings home game is to not attend in person and watch the opposing team's feed to hear a real PBP guy.

One area that has improved in the last year is the amount of pre and post game coverage on iHeart radio. I tend to watch games with the audio on mute and Nick Nicksons PBP on my phone or tablet. There is a bit of a delay, but overall I find it a better experience.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust
Jul 31, 2005
CA

I look forward to many happy birthday posts to grown men and their dogs in the near future.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Maybe one of the Kings player dogs can run lakingsinsider.com.

Sadly, it looks like that website is now dead. Goodbye draft coverage. We'll miss you.

I know I'm not posting much on here (many reasons). While I know I'm posting from a position of bias, Mayor's Manor will provide good coverage (of which I am contributing). Even if you don't find MM is the one for you, there are other resources not officially hired by LA.

I do wish Rosen the best, and I am sorry there's one fewer resource out there for Kings fans to read up on. But draft coverage isn't dead.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I know I'm not posting much on here (many reasons). While I know I'm posting from a position of bias, Mayor's Manor will provide good coverage (of which I am contributing). Even if you don't find MM is the one for you, there are other resources not officially hired by LA.

I do wish Rosen the best, and I am sorry there's one fewer resource out there for Kings fans to read up on. But draft coverage isn't dead.

Hopefully we get more chats with Yannetti and the other scouts. I don't know how restrictive the Kings are about that stuff, but I've seen Mayor post interviews with Yannetti in the past. With this organizational reshuffling going on, I hope he can maintain that relationship.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I just don't understand why the broadcast team doesn't devote more time to the prospect pool. The team is shit. I don't want to watch a 3 minute segment of Austin Wagner walking his dog and getting a haircut in Manhattan Beach when we're down 3-0 in the 1st intermission.

Show us the Reign highlights, show us whatever prospect highlights you can get a hold of. I mean Kaliyev scored 44 goals and was 5th in scoring in the OHL, they easily could have had a 30 second Arty Party Update every week. It just seems so obvious to me that the best way to lighten the mood of an audience watching a garbage hockey team is to highlight all the reasons suggesting that they might not be a garbage hockey team for too much longer, not distract them with the same dull fluff pieces.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I just don't understand why the broadcast team doesn't devote more time to the prospect pool. The team is shit. I don't want to watch a 3 minute segment of Austin Wagner walking his dog and getting a haircut in Manhattan Beach when we're down 3-0 in the 1st intermission.

Show us the Reign highlights, show us whatever prospect highlights you can get a hold of. I mean Kaliyev scored 44 goals and was 5th in scoring in the OHL, they easily could have had a 30 second Arty Party Update every week. It just seems so obvious to me that the best way to lighten the mood of an audience watching a garbage hockey team is to highlight all the reasons suggesting that they might not be a garbage hockey team for too much longer, not distract them with the same dull fluff pieces.

If we have learned anything from this social unrest, We should form a mob ,raid the Kings offices, and put of statue of Vince McMahon inside to inspire them to greatness

Vince-McMahon-Impressed.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad