• Trade Huberdeau

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Keep Huberdeau

Votes: 77 81.1%

• Total voters

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What dumbass GM is taking 6 years of Huberdeau without knowing if he has chemistry with their players? This guy looks terrible unless he gets linemates that fit him perfectly.
Wasnt the other issue -- game styles in west vs east,,?

Agreed. If Huberdeau returns to 100 points he should be easily moveable if they retain him down to $8m-$9m.
I disagree. His age is factor in this. This is why I wish retention could change by years instead of being a flat amt

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Wasnt the other issue -- game styles in west vs east,,?

Style of play is definitely a big factor for him but he's had trouble finding centers he can play with his entire career. Florida fans said he was only really good with Barkov and Bennett. Him and Lindholm might be one of the worst center/winger pairs I've seen a team try to force together.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I disagree. His age is factor in this. This is why I wish retention could change by years instead of being a flat amt

Far far far far too much room for abuse. (Did I say “far” enough times?)

I think the NHL locking in retention at a fixed % is one of their smarter moves.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Far far far far too much room for abuse. (Did I say “far” enough times?)

I think the NHL locking in retention at a fixed % is one of their smarter moves.
It depends on how its defined.

Like with hubrrdeau... you say I dont want anything retained this year but 50% the final year and the years in between is linearly calculated 0%,10%,20%,...,50%. The issue is it cant exceed 50% total retention.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Style of play is definitely a big factor for him but he's had trouble finding centers he can play with his entire career. Florida fans said he was only really good with Barkov and Bennett. Him and Lindholm might be one of the worst center/winger pairs I've seen a team try to force together.
Huberdeau did not have issues with linemates here. He produced best with Barrkov and Bennett (two radically different centers) but also put up numbers next to Trocheck and briefly Wennberg. His RW changed every season, and Owen Tippett is the only one who jumps to mind as a guy who didn’t gel. Duclair, Dadonov, Hoffman, Vatrano…all fine.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Huberdeau did not have issues with linemates here. He produced best with Barrkov and Bennett (two radically different centers) but also put up numbers next to Trocheck and briefly Wennberg. His RW changed every season, and Owen Tippett is the only one who jumps to mind as a guy who didn’t gel. Duclair, Dadonov, Hoffman, Vatrano…all fine.

I've heard from plenty of Panthers fans that he had trouble with linemates outside of Barkov and Bennett/Duclar line his entire career there. Maybe the style of play made it easier to mask.

Ad

Ad

Ad