• Trade Huberdeau

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Keep Huberdeau

Votes: 62 83.8%

• Total voters

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
The notion that you trade a 100 pt forward for a late first alone is outrageous, then u tack on 42mil of retention and thought it might be fair?

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
A dilemma is an equally unfavorable choice.

Riding out a Huberdeau for 6 years who seems to have figured out how to get back to PPG vs retaining 42 mil for a 1st, 3rd and 2nd isn't close to being equally unfavorable.

Keep huberdeau AINEC.

UED

May 2, 2021
A 7x5M 100 point scorer would be the most valuable player in NHL history. more than gretzky, lemieux, mcdavid etc. You can easily build a dynasty with that.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Much more realistic, in this case, would be Calgary trading Huberdeau for a lesser and lesser-paid player (Couturier, for example) and a significant asset

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
The GM offering those three picks for a 100pt player with 50% retained should be banned from the league for trolling.

Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
You are giving a 100 point player away for a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and the other team only has to pay $5.25m to have that player for 6 years? I can see why another team would do that. Why would the Flames?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You are Craig Conroy.

At the TDL, you are going in the playoffs, and somehow, against all odds, Huberdeau is back to form this year, and projects to have 100 points at the end of the year.

In the morning, you receive an offer, for Huberdeau, from a top contender, who wants to go all in:

Calgary trade:
Jonathan Huberdeau (retention: 50% - so Calgary Flames have to retain 5 250 000 for another 6 years)

for

1st 2025 + 3rd 2025 + 2nd 2026
And that's it's a final offer. The other GM already has another deal on the table, and while he'd prefer to take on Huberdeau, he ain't ready to change the structure of this offer.

Do you take on the offer, or do you reject it?

It means basically that either:

- Calgary announce to their fans and their players that the "Suck Era" is about to begin right now and have a sweet little package of late picks to kickstart the day but they'll have a 5 250 000M in deadweight money on the cap and a retention spot taken

or

- Calgary roll the dices with Huberdeau and his contract (which is pretty much unanimously recognized as the second worst contract in the league right now) for the next 6 years
50 % would be possible but the term is a killer, the only way Calgary moves him is to have another team involved, to spread out the cost. Flames need to decide if getting a big return is more important than getting out from under that entire contract, I am sure the owner would like to swallow as little of that contract as possible.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
What dumbass GM is taking 6 years of Huberdeau without knowing if he has chemistry with their players? This guy looks terrible unless he gets linemates that fit him perfectly.
Leafs I’d imagine. He’d compliment Mathews very well

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd take back a shorter term bad contract to move Huberdeau. As an example Josh Anderson or Gallagher. I'm not retaining 5.25 for the next 6 years. I don't think Huberdeau will be as bad as he's been the first 2 years, but I also don't think he's going to get the 125 points he's on pace for.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Rather easy rejection from the Flames, that retention is way too insane for pretty much nothing in comparison.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Even if Huby only achieves a 70 point production rate retaining 50% of his salary is an outrageous proposition.

Overpaid yes, but he isn't a roadblock to Calgary getting back to the play-offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad