Line Combos: The Honest Truth About Minton and Cowen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Are Minton/Cowen ready for regular play in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
It would be nice if both can take the next step.

Minton as our 3rd line center?

Cowan is a great talent but maybe too soon for the NHL?

JustYourRegularGuy

Jun 27, 2024
Stajan with some jam?
Minten will be harder to play against.

We should pump the brakes a bit. Stajan did very well for us all those years ago, and was easily a good middle-sixer for us over his career.

If Minten ends up with a similar career he will have been a heck of a pick.

I personally am not very high on Minten. I just think that he has definite third/fourth line upside, but I struggle to see more.

Easton Cowan I am quite high on however, and definitely feel that he'll be a good player for us in the future.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Pure spec. Guys at this age make huge jumps over the summer. Toronto will want to go young and cheap but Minten needs to steal Kampfs job. Will AHL be better for him, yes

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Minten sure, he’s more of a project, but Cowan is a fantastic prospect and no amount of your negativity is going to convince me otherwise.
Why is Minten a project, I'd be curious why you say that?

Leafs fanbase and media hype up any player like they are allstars.

I'm still waiting to see when Nick Robertson is going to be this giant scoring machine. Sandin was hyped up like an up and coming stud D and they dished to caps for journeyman Gustaffson.
Gustafson and Cowan

But do get ready for the new kid line:naughty:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Why is Minten a project, I'd be curious why you say that?

Get ready for the new kid line

I just mean moreso than Cowan. Minten is going to need time to develop his defensive game for play at this level because he’s probably not going to have the offense to crack a top 6 role. Would love for him to prove more proficient offensively as well. If he does I think that’ll take more time for that impact to be made.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I just mean moreso than Cowan. Minten is going to need time to develop his defensive game for play at this level because he’s probably not going to have the offense to crack a top 6 role.
His defense is why they gave him the audition last year I thought, he just couldn't offense at all is why he went back.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
No Minten I think could use some time to develop with the Marlies. Cowan however doesn't get anything from the OHL and I think is much more talented so could play in the NHL next year.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
If it was an option, I’d pick Cowan gets to compete over 9 games and Minten gets a handful of games if a 4th liner is hurt, but mainly junior/AHL for both.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
This fanbase never stops overhyping prospects.

Just a few years ago our future D was going to be an elite combination of Dermott, LIljegren, Sandin and Holl.

I don't mind Minten and Cowan but these are not blue chip prospects. I'm not expecting either to be full time on the team next year.
Robertson was penciled in as our 1LW about 5 years ago.

Timashov and Miettinen were going to help us as well. As was Niemela, Hirvonen, SDA. The list goes on.

Leaffan197703

May 29, 2021
Cowan will get a nine game tryout then the leafs will decide if he's ready or send him back to junior without burning 1 year of his rookie contract

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This fanbase never stops overhyping prospects.

Just a few years ago our future D was going to be an elite combination of Dermott, LIljegren, Sandin and Holl.

I don't mind Minten and Cowan but these are not blue chip prospects. I'm not expecting either to be full time on the team next year.

Nobody called Holl elite and if they did they were trolling

Robertson was penciled in as our 1LW about 5 years ago.

Timashov and Miettinen were going to help us as well. As was Niemela, Hirvonen, SDA. The list goes on.

To be fair to Robertson he did show some promise last season, with 15 goals.

I personally think he has the ability to score 25 in the NHL

I'm just not convinced it's here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad