Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
They better wake up. Not sure what Bowman can even do so early in the season, and firing Knob would just be ridiculous.

Wish we had some cap flexibility so we can make adjustments, never know when a player becomes available and you need to be able to pounce.

Troy Stetcher waived, Josh Brown re-called.

I'm only half-joking - not that I want it to happen, but it's just such an Oilers move

Nurse-Brown
Kulak-Dermott

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Bowman sitting in his box hoping to tell Joel Quenneville the good news like:

birdman-hand-rub.gif

Reactions: Mcnofool6110

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
It's time to ask some uncomfortable questions about team leadership. Lockerroom yelling in the finals aside, the lack of interest in bearing down in regular season games is quite palpable.
TBH, that locker room charade was a glorified tantrum. Have we ever seen an actual integrity driven pep speech?

Reactions: Jarvi and Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
ho hum, just an extension of the dogshit play since the start of the pre-season

positive:
-Jeff Skinner

negative:
- the refs
- the rest of the team...team defense is a joke but the team can't even score at the moment and that's scary thought

the leadership group should be ashamed...another flaccid start...AGAIN
zero cohesion, zero drive and zero urgency

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Hyman, Nurse.They’re the problem this year so far. Anyone else want to pretend it’s every else’s fault? Anyone?

I’ll go ahead and highlight the worst offenders from that group, because I don’t know if I have time to rip all of them as much as they deserve.

McDavid is playing the worst hockey of his career, hands down. As a cherry on top of him producing nothing offensively, he apparently has decided to take a nonchalance to defensive play this year too. Both the 1st and 3rd goals were squarely on him. The third one especially embarrassing. Swimming around changing the puck in the middle as he gets turnstiled and shot around.

Darnell Nurse, as it stands today at this moment, is not an NHL player. Dermott sucks too, but he’s the better player on that pair. He can’t play hockey anymore. Every shift is in our end, every shift is turnover filled, every shift produces Grade A’s on our net. I would scratch him next game, but it will never happen. He woke up when he was embarrassed last playoff, time to embarrass him.

Nuge I would also consider scratching. Plodding around the f***ing ice turning it over with his trademark soft area chip passes to the opposition. He’s been f***ing terrible from the opening puck drop this season, and a drag on whoever is unfortunate enough to play with him.

Guys who haven’t had a camp with the Oilers yet are probably wondering what the f*** is going on. Perry, Skinner, and Henrique are probably wishing they went elsewhere to try and win, as these three are doing their job on time as the leadership group f***s the season around.

I want this team skated into the f***ing ice tomorrow.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Actually we just did that. I think only about 5% of the staff is from the 2022/2023 season or something like that
Nicholson is still here in some capacity.

Lol man did he screw things up with the Nurse and Campbell contracts. Oof

Didn't help that JJ and Bowman made this team older and slower in the offseason and their prized D acquisition benched by Game 3 already.
They almost won the Cup in spite of that loser. He's every bit as bad as Chiarelli.

Reactions: WEMCHUD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad