GDT: The Hangover. Oilers v Flames, 6 PM, SN.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1726003560215254.jpg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Still too much rust but yesterday was a slight improvement. Puck was bouncing really oddly as well. I think we win this one tonight.

Spending Thanksgiving with the family today so I won't be watching this one live.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
9 hits last night and 15 game 1.

We are no where close to making the games hard to play against
Shows a complete lack of engagement in the game with these low totals. Happens every year and playoffs. When they have a physical element, they win. If not, they get stomped.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
In a strange way I hope the Flames put the boots to us tonight.

For most teams, the embarrassment of the last two games would be enough to snap us awake, but this team needs to be thoroughly, grossly embarrassed before they decide to get going.

The sooner the thorough embarrassment happens, the better. Astoundingly I don’t think they’re there yet.

Reactions: PBandJ and McDrai

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Very very small sample size, but advanced stats are looking like last year

We are #1 in LEAST high dangers allowed (If you value NSS at all). Up there in high danger for and scoring chances for. #1 Corsi.

Our mistakes tend to be big ones, FORWARDS CANNOT FINISH, and our GOALIES HAVE SUCKED BALLZ

PK trash to start like last year as well

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

For most teams, the embarrassment of the last two games would be enough to snap us awake, but this team needs to be thoroughly, grossly embarrassed before they decide to get going.

The sooner the thorough embarrassment happens, the better. Astoundingly I don’t think they’re there yet.

Don’t worry, this will be a straight up waxing tonight. Calgary will pull a Vancouver on us and beat us 8-2

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
The Oilers locker room before the season opener:

Knob: “Let’s treat this season like it’s a 7 game playoff series.”

Oilers: “So lose the first 3 games and then try to win the next 4?”

Knob: “Yes. Think back to the Finals and how you battled back from 0-3”

*Oilers go on to lose the first 3 games of the season *

In all seriousness, I don’t think we have a chance in hell of winning this one. Are we as bad as the scores have indicated? I don’t think so. But it seems like we are playing hockey on expert mode at the moment. Every chance ending up in the back of our net, colossal breakdowns on defense, and an offense that has to work their asses off for a goal or two. Calgary will feast on us tonight. We need a bit of break in order to reset from whatever the f*** this is.
Even Huberdeau looks to be bouncing back. Coming off of a 4 point night

Reactions: McDrai

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Caught some of the flames game. They look big. Hopefully we don't get pushed around and fold. They will be hitting tonight and we don't seem to want to or maybe we are not built to.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully tonight is a physical battle right from the start. The boys need something to get them engaged and playing with more intensity and focus.
We don't have the horses for that. I haven't been keeping track of Calgary's lineup but hopefully they don't either or it'll be a long night for us physically.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Shows a complete lack of engagement in the game with these low totals. Happens every year and playoffs. When they have a physical element, they win. If not, they get stomped.
We got badly outworked for a stretch on the one PP too. You cannot get wins with a half assed work ethic in this league.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Caught some of the flames game. They look big. Hopefully we don't get pushed around and fold. They will be hitting tonight and we don't seem to want to or maybe we are not built to.
Emberson likes to hit but isn't overly big. Nurse was running around in game 1 but might not be healthy. Then we have Perry who is slow but will drop em if need be and Podkolzin that can play physical. Everyone else is either average or below average in terms of playing physical. Watch Connor get fed up and start hitting because no one else will.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

OilfaninTO

Aug 1, 2020
We don't have the horses for that. I haven't been keeping track of Calgary's lineup but hopefully they don't either or it'll be a long night for us physically.
Off the top of my head, the have 3 forwards tougher than any of our players: Lomberg, Popsil, Klapka. Their D isn’t any better than ours skill-wise but they have some huge guys. A couple taller than 6’4”, no one under 6’0”. I’m worried we’re going to get pushed around.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
presented Proprietary theory #50 Apr 21, 17 here. a 30 yr look at final 4 roster.
Part C. 4+ top 60 Ev Def D
part D. Top PK F & D
Desharnais #5 EV deff D last 2 ssn. Ekholm, Ceci, Kulak top 40. Kulak can cover 4 Bott 60 def D Nurse. We saw Ekholm do that 4 Bott 60 Bouchard.
Ekholm - Desh a top 20 PK . PK Prs better than avg, Ekholm in4, Ceci 3, Kulak, Desh 2.
Must remember CHI cup ( match my theory) roster was built before Bowman.
VGK took 100% matching in Exp draft: Top OSH save % Fluery, 9 elite Ev & PK D trade 2, 3 Top PK fwd
4 Top 125 eV g/P Fwd, 4 top OSH targeting fwds
Coach; 1G, 7D, 11F stated APr 21, 17 Pre Exp draft they would be a GA cup final team.
My quote, “ Opinion is for those who do not care about killing others” Dad Avro arrow, NASA, ESA said Space Shurttle example of people not looking at 100% of variables = guessing!
Last 33 final 4 most winning teams give up 6g 1.50gaa to .3G .75 GAA in 4 wins.
A 3 this playoff had that happen!
Muti M fwd shut down by Def.
Talk D. Sutter t Cactus Corner truck stop Congratulating him for trading 4 Brayden mMcnab (Top 10 EV Def D). Sutter would tell me “ We are turning them into F…… robots.” Never told him I agree! See final 4 def
He is ex. Of the Coach part A. In final 4 roster.
50 NHLtheories is 8th best work!
#2 Predict Plastic disaster & Designing a zero pollution solution not built. NAIT 94-96
#3 unique combos Fetal cell const. Fe/male traits in xx,xy 78-81’ age 14 -18
#5 N.O.V. Drill equip/bid design client Gasprom) ( 40+ yr new enviro tech in RUS! F yeah) vs Chenney Pre VP
#6 data Ident & capture Coal to NG conversion Pilot site ( Sheerness) till Cancer diagnosis in 18’
Our roster is not top 5 final 4 structured yet! But 2 D have history to get there! Go oilers!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
presented Proprietary theory #50 Apr 21, 17 here. a 30 yr look at final 4 roster.
part D. Top PK F & D
Desharnais #5 EV deff D last 2 ssn. Ekholm, Ceci, Kulak top 40. Kulak can cover 4 Bott 60 def D Nurse. We saw Ekholm do that 4 Bott 60 Bouchard.
Ekholm - Desh a top 20 PK . PK Prs better than avg, Ekholm in4, Ceci 3, Kulak, Desh 2.
VGK took 100% matching in Exp draft: Top OSH save % Fluery, 9 elite Ev & PK D trade 2, 3 Top PK fwd
Coach; 1G, 7D, 11F stated APr 21, 17 Pre Exp draft they would be a GA cup final team.
My quote, “ Opinion is for those who do not care about killing others” Dad Avro arrow, NASA, ESA said Space Shurttle example of people not looking at 100% of variables = guessing!
Talk D. Sutter t Cactus Corner truck stop Congratulating him for trading 4 Brayden mMcnab (Top 10 EV Def D). Sutter would tell me “ We are turning them into F…… robots.” Never told him I agree! See final 4 def
#2 Predict Plastic disaster & Designing a zero pollution solution not built. NAIT 94-96
#5 N.O.V. Drill equip/bid design client Gasprom) ( 40+ yr new enviro tech in RUS! F yeah) vs Chenney Pre VP
#6 data Ident & capture Coal to NG conversion Pilot site ( Sheerness) till Cancer diagnosis in 18’
Our roster is not top 5 final 4 structured yet! But 2 D have history to get there! Go oilers!

DEC95910-70FB-4F79-8888-53E989AE92BC.gif

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
part D. Top PK F & D
is this english? ChatGPT?

Reactions: Duke74 and McHelpus

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
part D. Top PK F & D
The only poster I know on this site that might be able to figure this out is my friend @Mr Kot

• Haha
Reactions: Not Canada Drai

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024

Yeah. I won't get angry if CGY lays the boots to us. I have a really hard time seeing us win this game. CGY is much more engaged in their games.

part D. Top PK F & D
Can somebody translate this? Still appreciate your effort for whatever you are trying to convey

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Games like that necessitate a lineup change when you throw up two of them in a row. Going 11/7 doesn’t make much sense because Perry/Podz/ Ryan weren’t the worst forwards. So why is Stecher not in for one of Dermott or Emerson ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad