The Great Wyatt Kalynuk Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 8)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
DqUkM00.png

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
You guys are right.

With Mack & Tinordi gone, the real victim here is coach Lu. He's gonna have household arguments over paint colors when the actual problem down deep is about hustle & mentorship.

At least they're all well paid.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You guys are right.

With Mack & Tinordi gone, the real victim here is coach Lu. He's gonna have household arguments over paint colors when the actual problem down deep is about hustle & mentorship.

At least they're all well paid.
That pretty much sounds like the opposite of the Luke-coached Hawks.

I really don't get the hate for the HC when in his tenure in Chicago he hasn't been behind the bench for a team that is anywhere close to a PO contender. So he doesn't coddle and expects ALL players to play at 100 percent. Is that enough to call him a bad coach... LOL ... not quite.

My theory: Hawks fans in general don't really get what it takes to win the SC. No question, the Hawks SC teams were great and very talented .... but they weren't the typical model that we usually see. I think some of that has to do Kane getting injured, allowing Hawks to go over the cap as the rules allowed, plus the talent of course. Talent that rarely gets together these days. Plus the stars had to align ,,,,,,, especially in '15.

In my mind, Florida Panthers are as close as we will see to a perfect combination of a playoff team in the modern era..... and that model will continue to be the model that other's will try to attain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad