The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Anybody remember Matthew Ford, 8th round pick from 2004?
Saw the name on the waiver wire today(Detroit camp). Ran across a great article about his hockey career.
Griffins captain among oldest in AHL. Why the NHL has never called
We're all watching to see who wins the last couple spots on the Hawks this year but no one thinks much about the guy trying to win a spot in the AHL. Turns out minor league hockey player isn't the worst job in the world.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Jurco seems to be coming to life in Edmonton - bags 2 more goals last night. WTF.

back surgery helped, as others have said its the preseason but I watched a couple of the games and he looks good. There is also a possibility that he plays with one or both of Connor or Drai....

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Forsberg and Forsling are on waivers for the Canes

Shocking how far Forsling has fallen, though I never saw it with him. Same problems below the goal line that Jokiharju has. Remains to be seen if Joker can address it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Carolina pretty much gave up De Haan then Forsling and Forsberg for Gardiner..I can see why they moved out De Haan as Forsling and Forsberg were just bodies on the cheap - swing and hope for something good stuff.ultimately they got their guy in Gardiner which they couldn't get if they still had De Haan..

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

Well did not realize that

Yeah I would probably go with Forsling over Koek but its not something to get worked up about if it doesn't happen

If the Oilers dont plan on sending Manning down, why would they put him on waivers?

Just hoping someone picks up his contract?

Reactions: Muffinalt

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
seems some of the same issues were happening over there. he most certainly can work on them, but hopefully this puts things more in reality for him and he works harder as nothing is given in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad