Music: The Grammy's debacle

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Well it was a debacle for me anyway being a metal fan.

First, Megadeth wins an award and as they walk up to the stage to receive said award, the band plays a ****** version of Master Of Puppets by none other than, Metallica.

Second debacle of the night, James Hetfield's mic doesn't work during their performance.

https://streamable.com/i9q5t

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention, the person announcing Metallica ft Lady Gaga's performance failed to mention Metallica.

I'm telling you, it's a conspiracy against metal music I tell ya!!! (j/k, not j/k)

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Since when do metal fans care about the Grammys? I thought that died out the year Steely Dan won best Heavy Metal album.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Sounds like they just played some generic metal music. No big deal. Mega Death sure didn't seem to mind, so why make a big deal about it?

I doubt many people besides Metallica/ Mega Death fans noticed.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sounds like they just played some generic metal music. No big deal. Mega Death sure didn't seem to mind, so why make a big deal about it?

I am now successfully triggered

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Metallica sounds better when their mics don't work :sarcasm:

I am now successfully triggered

Xgka5.gif

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Grammys have been a debacle for 25 years now. It's fake processed cookie cutter nonsense. The whole Lars "We want to make Lady Gaga a member of Metallica" spiel was as fake as it gets. PTA meeting fake.

Muse won for Drones last year which was an awful album. The entire Beyonce' thing. All fake. And Adelle being a politician and kissing Beyonce's %$%...fake.

99% of these artists who win are just the trojan horse for the 9 Swedish producers/songwriters who do everything for them. Barely anyone plays an instrument anymore at these events.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
It's really getting out of hand. Does anybody actually believe that 25 was the best album of the last grammy year? I've literally never seen anyone with that opinion, both on the internet and irl.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
It's really getting out of hand. Does anybody actually believe that 25 was the best album of the last grammy year? I've literally never seen anyone with that opinion, both on the internet and irl.

It's strange because 21 was all over radio. Singles getting constant airplay. 25...I heard Hello and that was it, nothing else. I'm not saying radio plays = how great an album is, but for someone as commercially and critically successful as Adele, I sure didn't hear much of the album on the airwaves.

Also, I thought her GM tribute was cringe worthy. The starting over I didn't care about...I just thought the arrangement and performance of Fastlove was atrocious.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The Grammys have been a debacle for 25 years now. It's fake processed cookie cutter nonsense. The whole Lars "We want to make Lady Gaga a member of Metallica" spiel was as fake as it gets. PTA meeting fake.

Pretty sure it was Metallica's idea to work with Gaga lol. She's a big fan of theirs and they've connected long before this show. Might sound like blasphemy to a metal fans, but I very much doubt their positive interaction was a stunt crafted by the Grammy's.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I feel bad for Dave Mustaine. The guy finally gets a Grammy after 12 nominations and the house band can't even bother to learn Symphony of Destruction (they clearly didn't bother to learn Master of Puppets either). The Metallica mic thing is what it is. It's not the first dead mic during a live show, won't be the last. At least they powered through it like every live performer is taught from day one instead of doing an amateur hour do-over like Adele, still, it's quite shameful that they weren't even introduced (unless the idea was that they don't need to be, which I doubt). As for the show in general, I haven't watched in years. The nominees are based almost purely on name recognition/popularity, not any sort of musical criteria, and only one or two of the live performances are even remotely entertaining.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON

I looked at the nominee list and saw that a two year old Bieber album was nominated. Think that pretty much sums up the Grammy's. Catered to filthy commoners who don't know music outside of their local top 40 station.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad