GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Superstitions? Us? Naaah. Sabres 4-Stars 2 10/22/24

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Krebs has really earned a job for me.

I like NAK back with Lafferty and Beck. No way do you mess with line 1 or 3 right now.

Unfortunately, Im sure the numbers game will force Kulich down to the AHL. Which should set up a steady rotation of Benson and Quinn going in and out of the lineup on a Krebs and Cozens line.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I don't think this game was that different from a couple of our losses this year. A few differences:
- Goaltending was elite instead of bad.
- We hit 2 posts instead of 4 (and 1 eventually went in anyway).
- PK showed up.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
3-4-1 and not in last in the division is a step. They could use some stretches of winning 2-in-3 repeatedly, get some momentum and keep us hating ourselves for another month or two. :laugh:
they will adjust to the Heisenberg aeffect as the target on their backs that really happened after the Columbus blu Jckts blow out , a couple years ago . gets more comfortable The bills seem the thrive under that spotlight

that month of dominant play ÷ gave us too much confidence and now , since we are healthy and have context, we've added hitting, group and defensive P
play backed up a teamwide VICIOUS AND IMMEDIATE RESPOSIBILITY. The team is looking like we all witnessed , understood and solved some of what got repeatedly derailed .

Our experienced but emotionally growing players and staff haves embraced ruff at the Helm facing some harsh criticism of each other's game and not only accepted it but each has changed small and large areas of their game good to see and amazing in some

they have realized they must bring the LA and Fla effort now the league knows they don't suck

hopefully

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
The first two periods reminded me of the Kings game in many ways.
You are so correct didn't see today other than highlights or delay but wow that LA GAME and impressively followed by Fla , may possibly be the restart back the beautiful tough real sabres Hockey we grew up expecting in the 70s and continued w glimpses from bowman to muckler that Ruff perfected in 98 99 and 06 and 07 before the drury brierre gutting.

great to see

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Krebs as 2C when NAK returns
Just put NAK with Cozens and Kulich. Sit Quinn.

Maybe his energy and forechecking will help. Just don't want to see Quinn taking it into the zone and losing the puck every time.

(I'm half joking)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
they will adjust to the Heisenberg aeffect as the target on their backs that really happened after the Columbus blu Jckts blow out , a couple years ago . gets more comfortable The bills seem the thrive under that spotlight

that month of dominant play ÷ gave us too much confidence and now , since we are healthy and have context, we've added hitting, group and defensive P
play backed up a teamwide VICIOUS AND IMMEDIATE RESPOSIBILITY. The team is looking like we all witnessed , understood and solved some of what got repeatedly derailed .

Our experienced but emotionally growing players and staff haves embraced ruff at the Helm facing some harsh criticism of each other's game and not only accepted it but each has changed small and large areas of their game good to see and amazing in some

they have realized they must bring the LA and Fla effort now the league knows they don't suck

hopefully
the Bills choke under almost any spotlight only difference is not as fast as the Sabres do lol.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The bills have been one of the most winning teams in the league and have excelled in close games. Not winning a Super Bowl isn’t choking
that should be a Sabres banner night....neither of us won jack shit but sometimes one of us tries...usually at alternating times. So in a sense we support eachother and the fanbase can continue to drink the Kool-aid lol.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
the Bills choke under almost any spotlight only difference is not as fast as the Sabres do lol.
not this year and love the fans giving bass an ovation over and over as a knowledgeable f u to nfl b.s. hope he shakes it off but Josh a crew and our room second half a have taken on all comers aside from the balt debacle and like the recent I upgrade they aren't who they are yet

we've had a target that make coordinators careers and the team has stepped up for years

jazz on d and I hopefully eliminates some nfl meddling and getting young hungry and humble help w the rest

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Glad to see the GBU thread back!

G
Literally everyone..
UPL looked like the goalie we saw last season
Zucker-McLoud-Greenway line was and still remains to be f***ing awesome!
Krebs goal was sick! Glad to see him cash in.
Power was a stud. Loved his outlet pass to Zucker on the McLoud goal
PK was great

B
Still 0 for on the PP
The penalties against seemed pretty soft

U
Nothing

I am curious to know what Lindy does when NAK and Benson come back.. I wouldn't mind sitting Quinn and move Krebs up the the second line and move Cozens to the wing?

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Benson-Krebs-Cozens
Zucker-McLoud-Greenway
Malenstyn-Laffery-NAK

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The good -

- Luuuuu
- Tage in the third was dynamite IMO. Him and Tuch seemed to take over on their shifts.
- Power doing a lot of things, three assists.
- The bottom 6 carrying for 40 minutes.

The bad -

- Did someone say the word? Someone? :P
- The faceoff issue in the 2nd and 3rd was stark.

The ugly -

- Eh, good win, not going to beat on things here.
What’s the difference in skillets between winning a 50/50 along the boards or behind the net and winning a faceoff? Are these the same skillsets? If you’re good at one, are you good at the other?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
What’s the difference in skillets between winning a 50/50 along the boards or behind the net and winning a faceoff? Are these the same skillsets? If you’re good at one, are you good at the other?
If you need a skillet to win a board battle you're probably lacking the skillset.

I'll see myself out.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Gosh damn do I love that Power-Byram pairing. We've seemed to have found Power's long-term partner. Byram is a physical booger out there, too. Every battle in the corner he's giving guys shots to the back. Love to see that.

Tage has been great this year. His two-way game has improved leaps and bounds. I rarely see him make a dumb play with the puck on his stick.

The third line is a thing of beauty, and while I think Zucker pushes the boundaries a bit, I love the edge he plays with. He's pretty wicked with the stick work at times. Greenway being trusted at the end with Tage and Tuch was nice to see. I always figured he'd be a guy Ruff leans on.

UPL was great. Thr 4th line seems to do their job. Dahlin and Joki were steady. Quinn still looks like booty, but I really like Kulich and I believe Cozens will start potting a few.

Good game overall. They just need to get better at holding a lead.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
G: Solid goal tending, solid effort, great win.
B: This team needs to figure out how to protect a 1 goal lead and should not need a 3 goal lead.
U: They won, but the officiating was a little one-sided to start.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This group can be dangerous as anyone with a little time and space.

Most of the teams we've played so far do a frustratingly good job at taking that away (and we do a frustratingly bad job at taking it back). Dallas seemed a bit slow last night, dunno if that's their game or if they were having an off night. Once they added a sixth skater and clogged everything up, we struggled a lot. Like more than you'd usually expect against an empty net.

EDIT: Seeing a GBU gave me some warm and fuzzies

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad