GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Superstitions? Us? Naaah. Sabres 4-Stars 2 10/22/24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
G
Power
Luukkonen
Krebs
Tage bomb
Dahlin
Greenway-McLeod-Zucker

B
Quinn is still fighting it
Cozens is snakebitten as hell

U
got tight at the end
refs

Live footage from Dylan's locker -

<iframe src="Snakes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="269" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Lindy's comment of the night post game when asked about the power play..."we'll get one before the end of the season" :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diaspora

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Tage is back.

Power looks like he’s a #1 guy more often than not

Ryan McLeod is f***ing awesome
When Adams traded Mittelstadt one of the things that was talked about was that they didn’t like how he slowed the game down and wanted higher pace and more speed. It sure seems like that was the case when he turned around and went after McLeod. Now…the argument against it has never been Mitts vs McLeod for a reason…and the second line’s lack of production with no effort to replace Skinner and Mitts’ production externally has been the issue…but as a straight this is what I want in a third line center idea…it makes sense.

I don’t know what to do about the second line. Cozens isn't playing bad but he is producing zero. Quinn is playing bad. Benson has been playing hurt. Kulich looks good. I don’t want to mess with lines 1 and 3. They feel stuck. What’s going to happen when Benson is healthy? Sit Quinn again? Can’t sit any other winger. Don’t have another center to play to sit Cozens. If Krebs and Kulich keep outplaying Quinn and Cozens…scratches are going to get very infuriating when Kubel and Benson are ready.

Last edited:

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Fun game to watch. Now clawing back near .500 and well rested with Detroit coming to town.

Power has big time feel, poise, and hands in the passing game (sending and receiving) for a 6'6 D.

A motivated daddy Krebs taking full advantage of his opportunity wasn't on my season predictions, but happy to be wrong so far.

Kulich looked strong and competitive to me. He ripped a shot high and chased down his own rebound along the side of the net. Bunch of good bumps and rides. He'll prove to be a quick learner I think.

Quiet UPL can lock it down with the best of them. Bummer that the D got loose late, but Dallas always had one last death roll in them.

Love McLeod and Greenway - they can really wreck shit for an opponent. 71 is like a sheepdog and 12 is a quiet shepherd. They work well together to make opponents do what we want them to.

Beck's hit on Boosh was nice. Still enjoying the physical theme to the start of the season.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
When Adams traded Mittelstadt one of the things that was talked about was that they didn’t like how he slowed the game down and wanted higher pace and more speed. It sure seems like that was the case when he turned around and went after McLeod. Now…the argument against it has never been Mitts vs McLeod for a reason…and the second line’s lack of production with no effort to replace Skinner and Mitts’ production externally has been the issue…but as a straight this is what I want in a third line center idea…it makes sense.

I don’t know what to do about the second line. Cozens isn't playing bad but he is producing zero. Quinn is playing bad. Benson has been playing hurt. Kulich looks good. I don’t want to mess with lines 1 and 3. They feel stuck. What’s going to happen when Benson is healthy? Sit Quinn again? Can’t sit any other winger. Don’t have another center to play to sit Cozens. If Krebs and Kulich keep outplaying Quinn and Cozens…scratches are going to get very infuriating when Kubel and Benson are ready.
Play the third line as the second line until they figure it out I guess. Not much else you can do

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Mitts and McLeod are both 4-1-5 so he has replaced his production so far.

Reactions: DapperCam

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Wish we would just stick to the GDT for further discussion, I actually kind of liked it.

Good effort tho, then they looked scrambled in the last 5 minutes. At least they found a way to win.

Reactions: MOGlLNY

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I will die on the hill that a guy getting chances is so much closer to breaking out that a guy who isn't. Cozens is not getting any puck luck but he's getting shots and chances which is more than half the battle IMO.
99.9 percent of cases I’d agree. But Dylan Cozens is special. The better the opportunity…the less likely he is to bury it.

Needs to start taking center ice slap shots imo. Maybe wear a blindfold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad