GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Superstitions? Us? Naaah. Sabres 4-Stars 2 10/22/24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The good -

- Luuuuu
- Tage in the third was dynamite IMO. Him and Tuch seemed to take over on their shifts.
- Power doing a lot of things, three assists.
- The bottom 6 carrying for 40 minutes.

The bad -

- Did someone say the word? Someone? :P
- The faceoff issue in the 2nd and 3rd was stark.

The ugly -

- Eh, good win, not going to beat on things here.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
By far the best performance of the season. Only negative was the faceoffs that nearly came back to bite us but other than that nothing to complain about.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm here to officially be stoned...:D

I mean, that's legal in NY now so...

sabres-goal-buffalo-sabres.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great game….don’t love watching this team trying to hold onto a lead. But I won’t complain tonight!

Power's amazing 1-touch pass to Tage that set up GF3 is the game. Putting something he doesn't handle, doesn't dust, doesn't fumble, just perfectly in Thompson's sweet spot... that was f***ing awesome.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: Krebs slowly getting himself out of whipping boy status for me. That backcheck was chefs kiss. Nice job waiting on the puck to get below the crossbar too.

Thompson and Tuch look like two years ago them.

Peterka is a better running mate than skinner so that should be cool

Power should stay away from Matt Damon because he likes apples.

B: making us sweat

U: NO PP GOALS

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
3-4-1 and not in last in the division is a step. They could use some stretches of winning 2-in-3 repeatedly, get some momentum and keep us hating ourselves for another month or two. :laugh:
After last year's struggles to string together 3 wins in a row, it would be nice to get that monkey off our backs early on Saturday against Detroit -- in a dreaded afternoon game no less, another monkey.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t like that they have Sean McDermott coaching end of game strategy…but other than that. The more they play like Lindy wants the better they look. The breakouts tonight were infinitely better and the team support all over the ice was much improved. When they stick to that they look good. When the last several years of comedic lack of structure creeps in…they look like shit.

And I can not express how not good it is that Quinn is such a non-factor and Cozens is…I mean…cursed doesn’t seem strong enough. Jiri Kulich can’t be the most consistent forward on your second line in his rookie month. Well..he can be…but he can’t continue to gets so little support from the other two.

Reactions: DJN21

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don’t like that they have Sean McDermott coaching end of game strategy…but other than that. The more they play like Lindy wants the better they look. The breakouts tonight were infinitely better and the team support all over the ice was much improved. When they stick to that they look good. When the last several years of comedic lack of structure creeps in…they look like shit.

And I can not express how not good it is that Quinn is such a non-factor and Cozens is…I mean…cursed doesn’t seem strong enough. Jiri Kulich can’t be the most consistent forward on your second line in his rookie month. Well..he can be…but he can’t continue to gets so little support from the other two.
I really don't understand how Cozens was so gold for Canada in the last international for them and now he can't hit an empty net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad