Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Road Point: OT Loss 3-2 in Carolina 11/7/23

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
G
-Greenway, he reminds me of the big girl on a roller derby team who just clears the way and makes space with a forcefield of strength around him. And that super smart stick.
-Mitts, does anyone want to throw out a comp on what he's turning into? (I'm a comp guy, sorry lol)
-RyJo, looks 100% to be an NHL defensemen. Now it's a matter of ceiling and how we manage him as he establishes himself.
-UPL is confident and giving us chances to get points almost every start. Always going to be a funky looking keeper though.
-Tage, honest effort power forward game against a lot of attention
-Tuch, playing north-south and getting rewarded
-Dahlin going god mode
-Effort was there, our young boys got some good XP to carry forward tonight

B
-Skinner, tough couple games for him
-Clifton, running around too much
-Bottom six is being held together with dental floss, even though 21 had a few looks tonight

U
-Do I really get to be the first one? Rod the Rod!
-PP, almost seems designed to isolate our guys in disadvantaged spots
-Vic, he's brutal but I feel for him too. He was a darling of a prospect here and made an NHL career out of thin odds. I've always liked him as a guy but he's crashing out of the league right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
G
-Greenway, he reminds me of the big girl on a roller derby team who just clears the way and makes space with a forcefield of strength around him. And that super smart stick.
-Mitts, does anyone want to throw out a comp on what he's turning into? (I'm a comp guy, sorry lol)
-RyJo, looks 100% to be an NHL defensemen. Now it's a matter of ceiling and how we manage him as he establishes himself.
-UPL is confident and giving us chances to get points almost every start. Always going to be a funky looking keeper though.
-Tage, honest effort power forward game against a lot of attention
-Tuch, playing north-south and getting rewarded
-Dahlin going god mode
-Effort was there, our young boys got some good XP to carry forward tonight

B
-Skinner, tough couple games for him
-Clifton, running around too much
-Bottom six is being held together with dental floss, even though 21 had a few looks tonight

U
-Do I really get to be the first one? Rod the Rod!
-PP, almost seems designed to isolate our guys in disadvantaged spots
-Vic, he's brutal but I feel for him too. He was a darling of a prospect here and made an NHL career out of thin odds. I've always liked him as a guy but he's crashing out of the league right now.

That's my "d'uh". :D

• Haha
Reactions: HOOats

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
IKR? This is the sort of professional game that they were rolling out at the end of last season. Do this. Repeat it and they will stack wins and points.
To clarify: haven't seen much if any on here. But Twitter? Yes. But people will complain about everything over there.

Reactions: enthusiast

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To clarify: haven't seen much if any on here. But Twitter? Yes. But people will complain about everything over there.

Someone popped off after the Canes 2nd goal. I haven't really looked at any Twitter feeds other than finding Don's post-game comments. I need to weed out my feed since it's a lot of OSINT stuff and things that I can no longer unsee.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Dahlin-Johnson
Tuch looks more like himself
Peterka hauling ass outta the box to set up the first goal
Big game from UPL--he wasn't getting shelled too often, but certainly came up with timely saves

B
Skinner turnovers
Okposo and Girgs are noticeably slower this year
Krebs being unable to get the monkey off his back and generally being invisible other than that chance in the first
Olofsson doesn't even look like an NHLer at this point, yet Donny keeps trotting him out there once every 5-6 games for some reason

U
Spending every powerplay just hoping they don't give up a shorty. It blows my mind that they're like 4 for their last 40 or something like that and continue to do the same 1 v 4 entry attempt every time with one guy making a drop pass and the other 3 guys standing at the blue line, so there's no threat of dishing to someone with speed who could get through the fence of opposing players for a breakaway or 2 on 1. And then, if by some miracle they do manage to gain the zone, the go-to move is to immediately pass off to someone else on the wall so they're trapped there about a foot from the blue line, and if they don't just gun the puck in deep, they're immediately stripped and it's cleared 200 feet down the ice.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Sucks that we should have won if not for the deflection off Greenway for the first goal.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
We have to do something about our powerplay.
1699415894730.png

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
The problem isn't necessarily Okposo on that unit - they don't have anyone else to go to the front of the net. Quinn isn't really that guy either. They have all their zone entry guys (Dahlin, Tuch, Cozens) stacked up on the first unit which means they have people getting handles on PP2 in positions that aren't a strength. They will still need someone to go netfront.

Sam Reinhart returning on a sweetheart deal is my pie in the sky dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad